I got brought a CD-ROM for Xmas

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
Create your own family tree
So i know its going to take me such a long time .... I went to see my mum yesterday to see what paper work she had , and i've got marriage registration from 1877 , and some other paper work , and now i have to put who is who together and thats just my mums side , found out my great grandfather was swedish name of oberg and then to make it more confusing he changed his name to park to get into the war which after all that, they still said no .... oh my god how long is it going to take me lol I know people on here have done a family tree any advice lol

I do family trees from time to time, but I get a lot of my info from websites that I subscribe to. There is plenty of free information available too (but you will generally have to pay a fee for detailed records). I would suggest you have a look at:

Getting Started in Genealogy and Family History
Trace your family history : Directgov - Do it online
Family tree . Family trees . Genes Reunited
Genealogy and Family History Records - Ancestry.co.uk
FamilyRecords.gov.uk | Home

Every generation you go back can double the size of your tree, so it can be as huge as you want :)

Also, you can order copies of birth, marriage and death certificates (and even copies of wills!) if you need them to help with your research.

Sorry, I should have added, if you get stuck and need any help, PM me :)

If I can help, I will :D

Thank you for all the info .. well as it goes yes could you come round mine and help with the lot lol

ps i'm going to print that out . big thank you

Back