I had a snickers last night!

Paul_Farnham_uk

Hi all,

I went through my day yesterday with having no Syns all day and in the evening was sat down after dinner and my wife asked if we were allowed a snickers if we had spent no syns which technically i had to say we were as they cost 14 syns.

So we had one but now i am feeling guilty and worried its going to ruin my weight lost for the week :(

Anyone who can put my mind at ease?

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Hi all,

I went through my day yesterday with having no Syns all day and in the evening was sat down after dinner and my wife asked if we were allowed a snickers if we had spent no syns which technically i had to say we were as they cost 14 syns.

So we had one but now i am feeling guilty and worried its going to ruin my weight lost for the week :(

Anyone who can put my mind at ease?

Hi paul,
Your syns are there to use (which is something i need to get my head round) i was the same i felt guilty the other day when i had crisps. As long as we stay within our syns we should be fine, so dont feel guilty.
Amy x

Hi Paul. Dont worry about that snickers. Once you stay within your syns you are fine! And you have. I have a bag of crisps (velvet crunch) everyday with my lunch and then 2 alpen lights at night with my tea. If I feel like having a bar of chocolate I just scale back on my syns that day and enjoy it that night. Im still losing weight so no need to feel guilty at all :)

Don't feel guilty. You need to use syns. Snickers bars sounds good to me!!

I tend to use syns on things like ketchup, salad cream, options (2 syns) etc etc, so I usually have a kit kat (5.5 syns) or 4-5 syn bars (as I don't have that many syns left by the evening).

Its how you choose to use your syns. But you must use them.

What everyone said. We're allocated 5 - 15 syns to use so we don't feel deprived - and so we lose our association with guilt and food. if it's within your syns you can have it, if it's beyond then don't, or find a way around that like sw alternatives / flexisynning etc. Don't worry about it x

syns are to be used. You have up to 15 to use in a day, snickers is within your allowance, so no need to feel guilty :)

I know how you feel. I had a creme egg and felt so guilty after!!!! I used all my syns yesterday for the first time in a while and am worrying I'll have ruined my weight loss for this week. Think it just takes time to get your head round you can have treats as long as your within your syns cause so many other diets deprive you.

I agree you have stayed within your syns so i hope you enjoyed it without feeling guilty because your allowed it!!!!! x

Do do do use all your syns. And don't don't don't feel guilty - they are as much a part of the plan as your Hex choices and free and superfree foods. If you don't use them, you're not following the plan properly!

I have just reached target and have used my full daily allowance of 15 syns all the way.

Well done on reaching your target leapfrog. Good to hear you used all your 15 syns and still got to goal. I sometimes feel a bit guilty too when I use up all 15.

Regarding the Snickers, I would think it best you ate it and enjoyed it totally as it was in your allowance. It will also stop you from thinking you denied yourself a treat which could send you on a spiral of eating out of control and then much more than 15 syns!

Hope your snickers tasted good

Back