I had ice cream! :)

ClaireS84

I'm so proud of myself! My OH called me yesterday to say he wanted ice cream! My general answer would be, so do I. Then we would eat a 500ml tub each in one sitting.

This time my answer was, so do I but I asked him to get me the skinny cow lollies as the one I had was 4.5 syns. I ate just one and was satisfied!

So the moral of this random thread is you can have ice cream, be satisfied and be well within your syns limit!

At first I had the overheating though of well I could eat all 3 and be within my syns limit but I'm getting to understand when my body is satisfied.

Random share-you all have a good day now. :)

Well done that's an amazing achievement, if my hubby said he's getting ice cream I'd be like stuff it and have a tub! you have done really well. Also if I know I can have something within my syn limit I'll eat it all rather than thinking about having half and feeling satisfied- this is something I'm working on! Well done :)

K9KT said:
Well done that's an amazing achievement, if my hubby said he's getting ice cream I'd be like stuff it and have a tub! you have done really well. Also if I know I can have something within my syn limit I'll eat it all rather than thinking about having half and feeling satisfied- this is something I'm working on! Well done :)

Thank you.

I think I also didn't give in to having a tub because I put on 1.5lb this week so I'm trying to be 100%. Mind you it is hard work after eating in a particular way-for me that is binge eating all of the wrong things. My mind set would be ok, we are having a pizza, right I'm having a whole one to myself and then be like well I've messed up on the diet may as well have garlic bread and the tub of ice cream. :D

You will get there and when you do you'll know it feel good xx

I'm exactly the same, I wouldn't have just had that tub of ice cream I would then find something else to munch on, as like you said you feel you've messed up anyway! The best thing for me is to not have it at all! But then in the long run I find I crave it and give in so started getting little treatsize things in for occasions! Just don't wanna eat them all in one go, lol x

This might sound strange but I get my OH to hide treats from me and when I want one he goes off and gets them. I'm that bad with treats. I'm surprised I don't go hunting for them. Haha x

That's a good idea :) my husband works nights so maybe he should hide them except one then leave for work then no late night snacking :) x

K9KT said:
That's a good idea :) my husband works nights so maybe he should hide them except one then leave for work then no late night snacking :) x

That sounds like a good idea. :)

I'm not very icecreamy thankfully. I love icepops so i can make them at home, but i haven't been bothered yet.

That is exactly my problem, I'm home alone in the evenings, most evenings I stay strong but I lost it last night :(

Im glad I saw this as I keep giving in to ice cream, and I would eat the whole tub as well so Im definitely gonna try the skinny cow ice creams :)
Most things I can share with the kids to make disappear quickly but my sons lactose intolerant so ice cream is all for me lol

sarahaa said:
That is exactly my problem, I'm home alone in the evenings, most evenings I stay strong but I lost it last night :(

It is so hard, if gonna go mad then it's definately when he leaves for work and then when he is off we get a takeaway or something cause hes not here in the evenings! I'm finding it hard ATM not to lose it in the evenings! I'm glad someone's going thru the same thing and I'm not alone! I've just brought the sugar free da Vinci syrups (they come in all flavours, cookie dough, white choc, choc, peanut butter etc) and having that in water, it's like a hot choc with no cals or syns and curbs my sweet tooth x

Back