I hate early shifts at work

Starlight

Gold Member
Apart from having to be at my work at 0630, every time Im early shift at the weekend they decide to do a roll run :mad:

Every single person in the room, except me, is having 2 hot rolls with a double filling. This is torture. To make matters worse I dont appear to have lost a damn thing this week AND Ive forgotten to bring a bar with me :cry: On the plus side I didnt take the 'sod it Ive lost nothing, Ill have breakfast' attitude

Im seriously ticked off with the scales this week. For some reason Im not even getting the overnight drop

Are your scales ok ?
Are you drinking enough water? Spreading it out?
Maybe your body is having a stubborn moment you'll win that battle

If I'm having a slow weight loss week I take my measurements. I nearly always see a drop in those even if I'm not seeing a drop in weight.

I've given up predicting what the scales will do as it's just so random. However, if you stay on plan and keep going you get rewarded eventually, just not at a nice even, consistent rate. I dropped 1.4lbs overnight when I was fully expecting the scales to go up. Then on days where I think I feel lighter (can you feel lighter? ;)) the damn things have gone up. So who knows!

Last week was a super slow week for me, I am hoping that this week will be a bit better, I reckon 8 weeks on this and my body is having a mini revolution.
Well done for not caving to the evil rolls, and yes they are evil and full of hideous hidden enemies that will attack you from within and take siege of your fat cells!

I had that this week too Starlight and had my wee whoosh this morning.

Also I do night shift and they order chippies and pakoras :mad:

well done for resisting temptation, i hate early mornings too, they make me want to comfort eat, and believe me, i used to!

Starlight said:
No DQ I lost 4 last week on them. I think it's totm that's done it. My calorie intake this week has been less than 550 a day. Realistically I can't have gained 3 lbs

What's just worrying me a bit is that the scales just aren't budging at all. Not even in the morning

How odd :( that sucks Star

Refusing food is character building Starlight ;) and if you're anything like me you won't be able to go back to having the filled baps when you hit maintenance anyway. I'm possibly going to allow myself one for the odd Friday treat but no way can I have them all the time. Good luck with the WI and the scales will reward your efforts eventually even if it's not today.

I reckon once a week at most for me in maintenance as long as the calories are compensated for somewhere else in the same week. MFP will help me with that I think.

Back