I hate my Body Type!

richard82

Hi Guys, First time posting here.
I'm in a bit of a Dilemma, I'm a 27 year old Man, 6ft Tall and weigh in at 238lbs. I've got an endo-mesomorph body type and have to exercise constantly to maintain my weight.

What worries me is only 3 years ago I weighed a slight 165lbs. So I've piled 73lbs on in that short time, all of it around my waist. My Bottom hasn't gotten much bigger at all though, it's quite strange.

I was a Care Worker for 4 years and was always on my feet, which was great, I was doing something that I loved and was staying trim at the same time. I've since furthered my career, but now it's a Desk Job and I work at home a lot, some weeks putting in 90+ hours.

I know it's a lame excuse but I feel that I dont have much time at all for exercise, whereas before I enjoyed Rock Climbing and Hiking at least twice a week. In the little free time I have now, I want to spend it with Family and Friends.

I don't consider myself to have an unhealthy diet, I don't eat Red Meat or especially Fatty foods, don't drink very often and average under what should be my 'Calculated' Daily Calorie intake.

White Meat, Pulses, Salads and Vegetables are Staple foods in my household and I don't use Dressings or Toppings. I genuinely have what most would consider to be a very healthy diet.

I've consulted with my Doctor and the only advice I was given was to eat healthier! :sigh:

I'm at my wits end, It's making me quite depressed. Almost to the extent that I feel I may have to give up the job I love for one that gives me more free time. It's ridiculous.

Surely there is another solution to this...?

Is there anyone who has been in or is in a similar situation?
I know it's not very straight forward, but I'm desperate folks.

Help!

Thanks. ;)

Hi Richard. Im sorry to hear about your predicament. You say you are eating healthily. How about posting a food diary so we can see what you are actually eating/ drinking as although you might think they are healthy foods, a lot of them are quite shocking in terms of calories or points or whichever diet you follow. Are you following an actual diet or simply healthy eating? It might be worth following something like weight watchers as it gives you the insight you need. We all have issues and some of us have genuine health issues which mean you are likely to gain weight (including me) but we cant put on weight without consuming more than we should be. So how about posting a typical days food/ drink on here and im sure between us all we might be able to spot where you could be going wrong. Look forward to reading your thread. x

Hi, Sorry it has taken me a while to reply.

It turns out that I have hypothyroidism, something that my G.P ruled out over 12 months ago because I had gained so much weight in such a short time. :eek:

Stranger things have happened I suppose, just feel a bit gutted about it.

Hi Richard
I have just read your post and wondered whether it was your thyroid...same thing happened to me too and I have been living with this for almost 10 years now...once you get your meds sorted, the weight will start to fall off! Might take a while...I was on 75 for years until quite recently and they upt it to 100!
Good luck though and you can always build in some exercise whilst at your desk...if you get the Diet and Fitness Mag for this month- Rosemary Conley..there are desk exercises in the mag!!! every little helps!

Take care

Good luck with your weightloss now you have got a DX and can start on meds.

I have an underactive thyroid too and really struggle to lose weight :(

Xx

Hope you have got your head around your thyroid problem Richard! There is hope and you can lose weight even with it! Dont let anyone say otherwise, it just isnt true..it might take a little longer, but you can still lose and maintain.

Back