I hate vegetables

I would defy anyone not to enjoy my potato and leek soup................

2 carrots boiled with 1 oxo cube little ground pepper and salt. Boil until exceptionally soft. Blitz until a watery orange consistency.

6 small potatoes boiled until v soft with an oxo cube and a little pepper and salt. blitz until a watery consistency but thicker than the carrot consistency.

1 small onion and garlic in a fry pan with frylight - add water few chilli flakes cook until v soft and then add the cut up leeks x 2 - and cook again until they are very very soft - adding a little water until it's all cooked down.

add the leek mixture to the carrot mixture and blitz again until smooth but thicker - add the potato mixture and just stir through.

This turns out like a thick creamy wonderful tasting soup like out of a can from the supermarket.

try it you may like it.

I would defy anyone not to enjoy my potato and leek soup................

2 carrots boiled with 1 oxo cube little ground pepper and salt. Boil until exceptionally soft. Blitz until a watery orange consistency.

6 small potatoes boiled until v soft with an oxo cube and a little pepper and salt. blitz until a watery consistency but thicker than the carrot consistency.

1 small onion and garlic in a fry pan with frylight - add water few chilli flakes cook until v soft and then add the cut up leeks x 2 - and cook again until they are very very soft - adding a little water until it's all cooked down.

add the leek mixture to the carrot mixture and blitz again until smooth but thicker - add the potato mixture and just stir through.

This turns out like a thick creamy wonderful tasting soup like out of a can from the supermarket.

try it you may like it.

Well, I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow! :D

I could have written this post myself!! My parents took me to various professionals as a child because I was the same. The smell, texture and even sound of veg made me gag. I'm 32 now and can just about manage parsnips and swede with the very occasion bit of spinach. People look at me as if I'm totally mad when they question my eating habits and I'm often made to feel really stupid by some people.

Exactly how I am! It's kind of normal to me now as been like it since I can remember but it seems to bother other people more than me! Especially my husband! Even though we've been together nearly 10 years it still frustrates him! He will eat ANYTHING!! Haha!

I would defy anyone not to enjoy my potato and leek soup................ 2 carrots boiled with 1 oxo cube little ground pepper and salt. Boil until exceptionally soft. Blitz until a watery orange consistency. 6 small potatoes boiled until v soft with an oxo cube and a little pepper and salt. blitz until a watery consistency but thicker than the carrot consistency. 1 small onion and garlic in a fry pan with frylight - add water few chilli flakes cook until v soft and then add the cut up leeks x 2 - and cook again until they are very very soft - adding a little water until it's all cooked down. add the leek mixture to the carrot mixture and blitz again until smooth but thicker - add the potato mixture and just stir through. This turns out like a thick creamy wonderful tasting soup like out of a can from the supermarket. try it you may like it.

This sounds lovely - proper comfort food! I think I may give it a go! Thank you for sharing x

Exactly how I am! It's kind of normal to me now as been like it since I can remember but it seems to bother other people more than me! Especially my husband! Even though we've been together nearly 10 years it still frustrates him! He will eat ANYTHING!! Haha!

Exactly the same with us! 10 years later and he's just about getting the hang of what I can and can't eat! He will eat anything apart from fresh tomatoes!

I used to hate vegetables (Which, for a life-long vegetarian, probably sounds like a really weird thing), and I used to think I'd never like them either. I'm not sure exactly what it was - it could have been the taste, or the texture, or maybe it was just something in my head which saw anything resembling a vegetable on my plate and instantly decided I didn't like it before it even touched my fork.

The first time I started SW I tried a few recipes containing vegetables which I didn't like, and I went cooking them until they were really soft - mostly soups, curries and sauces. There are definitely still some vegetables where the texture just throws me off (Especially aubergines/courgettes), and some veggies whose taste I can't stand (red/green Peppers - yuck!), but most of the things I used to hate are now something I would readily throw into a cooking pot along with whatever else I'm already cooking, and it just doesn't bother me. The trick for me was to to have them cooked in with other things instead of sitting on the side of the plate taunting me. That way I barely taste them and anything with an unpleasant texture has been cooked down to being nice and soft so that I don't even notice that either!

me again ! see soup above - change ordinary potatoes for sweet potatoes - (2 big ones) cook until v.soft.....................get a head of broccoli - cut it down to small florets - I cut all the hard stalks off - boil up with another oxo cube until v.soft. use the water and blitz like the carrots - blitz the onion mixture, carrot, broccoli & sweet potato. THIS soup is LOVELY !

I stumbled across a recipe today for creamy pasta white sauce but it's made with cauliflower, might be worth a shot, as an alternative to cream and milk etc. Basically boil up about 6-8 heads of cauliflower in some veg or chicken stock, don't drain it, add to a blender the cauliflower, 6 crushed garlic cloves, a tiny table spoon of butter and a dash of milk and 2 cups of the stock the veg was boiling in and blend down till creamy and smooth, obviously add more stock if you want it creamy or runnier, you can add whatever herbs/seasonings you want, sounds lush.

Going to try it tonight with leeks and mushrooms over pasta, it seems like a good way to get extra veg and hiding it - all the comments said it didn't taste like cauliflower but more an alfredo sauce!

I used to hate vegetables (Which, for a life-long vegetarian, probably sounds like a really weird thing), and I used to think I'd never like them either. I'm not sure exactly what it was - it could have been the taste, or the texture, or maybe it was just something in my head which saw anything resembling a vegetable on my plate and instantly decided I didn't like it before it even touched my fork.

The first time I started SW I tried a few recipes containing vegetables which I didn't like, and I went cooking them until they were really soft - mostly soups, curries and sauces. There are definitely still some vegetables where the texture just throws me off (Especially aubergines/courgettes), and some veggies whose taste I can't stand (red/green Peppers - yuck!), but most of the things I used to hate are now something I would readily throw into a cooking pot along with whatever else I'm already cooking, and it just doesn't bother me. The trick for me was to to have them cooked in with other things instead of sitting on the side of the plate taunting me. That way I barely taste them and anything with an unpleasant texture has been cooked down to being nice and soft so that I don't even notice that either!

My experience was quite different. When I was a child I wouldn't eat vegetables that were cooked, apart from potatoes, but I would eat most of them raw. It was the sogginess of them that I couldn't stand. When I realised that vegetables could be cooked lightly and didn't have to be boiled to death, then I started to eat them cooked. Very few of my vegetables ever see a saucepan - I steam, grill or roast them.

Green beans boiled are disgusting, but done in fry light with some onions and garlic they are crunchy and gorgeous! I'm not mad on veg but I love these...

I stumbled across a recipe today for creamy pasta white sauce but it's made with cauliflower, might be worth a shot, as an alternative to cream and milk etc. Basically boil up about 6-8 heads of cauliflower in some veg or chicken stock, don't drain it, add to a blender the cauliflower, 6 crushed garlic cloves, a tiny table spoon of butter and a dash of milk and 2 cups of the stock the veg was boiling in and blend down till creamy and smooth, obviously add more stock if you want it creamy or runnier, you can add whatever herbs/seasonings you want, sounds lush.

Going to try it tonight with leeks and mushrooms over pasta, it seems like a good way to get extra veg and hiding it - all the comments said it didn't taste like cauliflower but more an alfredo sauce!

That sounds awesome! Please let us know how it turns out :D

Green beans boiled are disgusting, but done in fry light with some onions and garlic they are crunchy and gorgeous! I'm not mad on veg but I love these...

I was once told that you should never boil anything which grows above ground.

There are exceptions to this - carrots are much nicer when steamed, even better raw.

And actually I do boiil - well, simmer - green beans. Pour over boiling water, bring back to the boil, simmer for 3 minutes only. drain quickly and eat immediately. If they are going to be eaten cold in a salad, like a salad nicoise, then I run cold water over them to stop them cooking further in their own heat.

Back