Step 1 Sole Source I have a stone to go to get to goal advice needed on when to go up the step?

Theresa1966

Silver Member
Hi guys,

I am hoping to be under 12 stone this week at my next weigh in and be in the 11's? Can I please ask when you decided to start working up the steps was it because you were nearly at goal or by your BMI?

I have read the book but am not sure what to do?

I did not go up the steps last time when I got to my 12 stone goal and got to 11 10lb and stopped hoping that I would be able to maintain myself! Hence back here less than a year later with 23lb to lose again! I have lowered my goal to 11 stone which I think is realistic for my 5 ft 8 ins height. I am just not sure what to do and when to do it?

I am determined to get to my goal and to gradually introduce real food this time gradually!

I would really appreciate your comments and advice.

Thanks in advance x x x

Hi Theresa.

Just wrote a long post and lost it, bah!

Anyway, the gist was you have to move up to 810 when you hit a BMI of 25.0. Otherwise you're at risk of losing too much lean muscle. But you can stay on 810 until goal if you want. Most people carry on losing pounds while they work up the steps, so you might find you don't need to do 810 for more than a couple of weeks.

I know I'm only new to this but I would say stick with the plan, it's worked so well for you up to now! May aswell give it a go since you have come so far, especially if other methods haven't worked in the past. Good luck with whatever you choose and a big well done for what you have achieved so far! Awesome! X

You can 810 until bmi of 20, I'm going to do this until I'm 5-7lbs away and then move up the steps. Your cdc will be able t advise you :)

Hi Theresa.

Just wrote a long post and lost it, bah!

Anyway, the gist was you have to move up to 810 when you hit a BMI of 25.0. Otherwise you're at risk of losing too much lean muscle. But you can stay on 810 until goal if you want. Most people carry on losing pounds while they work up the steps, so you might find you don't need to do 810 for more than a couple of weeks.

Thanks hun, I have decided that after my weigh in tomorrow to see where my BMI is and then probably do SS+ and then go up the steps

Thanks for your advice! X

I know I'm only new to this but I would say stick with the plan, it's worked so well for you up to now! May aswell give it a go since you have come so far, especially if other methods haven't worked in the past. Good luck with whatever you choose and a big well done for what you have achieved so far! Awesome! X

Hi Hun not giving up just going to loss the last stone and learn to maintain via going up the steps! X

Back