I have cheated :(

Deanne

Hey im new here and new to the Cambridge diet, Its only my 3rd day and I have cheated.
Now I am so depressed. I know its my own fault, im really disappointed in my self. If i stick to my diet now for the rest of the week till my weigh in will i still have good results do you think?

Please respond, Deanne

Hi Deanne, first off stop beating yourself up, we all make mistakes, the main thing is to get back on the horse, so to speak. Yes, you should still have a fairly decent loss. Just try and stick to it until your weigh in, once you get through the first week it does get easier, I promise, and you loss will be your inspiration

Hi deanne, welcome to the boards.

It depends on what it was you ate really and how much of it but keep going, forget the blip and carry on as normal. I think you still will lose weight this week. You can do it, you just have to be very determind.

Good luck.

Hi Deanne, Im only on day 2 myself so i sympathise with you as Im ok but mentally struggling with the whole 'when will i eat again' and im usually the first one to fall off the wagon so im chuffed ive even got this far but its hard and I can understand ur 'blip' but thats all it was so get straight back on the track and praise urself for stopping urself from going any further, we can do this !!! x x

Thanks everyone for your quick reply and advice .. I didn’t eat anything really bad I just keep picking at things but it all adds up. I do feel more confident now after reading your posts so thanks again.

Thanks everyone for your quick reply and advice .. I didn’t eat anything really bad I just keep picking at things but it all adds up. I do feel more confident now after reading your posts so thanks again.

lol im gutted now that I havent cheated, i was desperate to pinch a chip n curry sauce earlier and refrained, now im thinking,,,mmm maybe i cudda had one..haha never mind! x x

seriously though, will one mouthfull of chinese / can of coke zero REALLY mess it up? Not talking about doing it every day, just now and again? I'm a bit confused !!

I think it depends, if you want good results then its like anything.. you need to follow the instructions, if you washed a hand wash top on 40 deg and it ruined it you wouldnt be surprised would you.. also I guess the more you think a tiny bit is ok for someone like myself one mouthful would turn into 2 the next day, but if you've got the willpower to have a 'taster' now and then and it doesnt bother you then hey go for it, its your diet x x

Hey im new here and new to the Cambridge diet, Its only my 3rd day and I have cheated.
Now I am so depressed. I know its my own fault, im really disappointed in my self. If i stick to my diet now for the rest of the week till my weigh in will i still have good results do you think?

Please respond, Deanne

Hi Deanne :)

Great advice and support from everyone else already :D

First of all I think it's incredibly brave to come on and post and admit that you have struggled so all credit to you for doing that. :D.

I'm also really glad that you felt you could come on Minimins and ask for help :)

I don't know what you have eaten/drank that is off plan but I would also agree that the best thing is to put it behind you hun tonight and get STRAIGHT back on plan now , if you haven't already :)

I wouldn't leave it until the morning as that can be a gap there for the "sabotage fairy" to come and sit on your shoulder and try to tell you that you've failed so you might as well carry on now!! :rolleyes: ( I know her very well!)

You will still be pleased with your weekly loss I'm sure and you can look at why you had a lapse and plan ahead how to avoid it next time.:)

Don't beat yourself up too much, many of us have been where you are :hug99:

xxx

lol im gutted now that I havent cheated, i was desperate to pinch a chip n curry sauce earlier and refrained, now im thinking,,,mmm maybe i cudda had one..haha never mind! x x

Don't do it hun, makes it sooooo much harder to stop the 2nd, 3rd, 4th chip etc etc :rolleyes::D:D:D

Glad you feel better Deanne :D

Hi Deanne, first off stop beating yourself up, we all make mistakes, the main thing is to get back on the horse, so to speak. Yes, you should still have a fairly decent loss. Just try and stick to it until your weigh in, once you get through the first week it does get easier, I promise, and you loss will be your inspiration

Excellent advice there! :D:D:D

Don't do it hun, makes it sooooo much harder to stop the 2nd, 3rd, 4th chip etc etc :rolleyes::D:D:D

Exactly why i didnt..lol, dont worry i wont do it, ive not starved myself for 2 days to blow it now.. thanks sweet x x

good analogy lizi,

lol, thanks Im full of rubbish like that, come out with them all the time and my hubbies like that??? where du get that rubbish from...:8855:

Exactly why i didnt..lol, dont worry i wont do it, ive not starved myself for 2 days to blow it now.. thanks sweet x x

You're welcome hun and just hang in there for a tiny bit longer and I promise you will feel and see the benefits!..xx:)

seriously though, will one mouthfull of chinese / can of coke zero REALLY mess it up? Not talking about doing it every day, just now and again? I'm a bit confused !!

Im also confused about that! i hope it doesn’t but im just going to try my best now not pick at anything! because when i have been having little mouthfuls i have had an urge to just start eating lots lol

Also -- Does anyone do a lot exercise on this diet I got told not to but i have been going on long walks I feel like I should be doing more

Hey hun,

Dont let it get you down as its only going to make it worse for yourself. The first week is always the worse as you go into withdrawal symptoms and we have all been there including myself. On my first week I picked at food too and I did lose 7lbs, not as good as everyone else did but hey its 7lbs of sugar. So dust yourself down and get back on the wagon, we are with ya 100% on your journey. If you are feeling the need to pick at food, log yourself on here and we will talk ya out of it. Tomorrow is another day hun so start afresh. Gud luck

Back