I have entered Race for Life

You will have sooo much fun. I've got mine in July. This will be my fourth year doing it. Is any one doing it with u? I always do it with a friend and we just talk for the 5k and it's over in no time. The atmosphere is electric but bring some tissues as it can really get emotional. Keep hydrated, this year ive bought a pink bottle with a massive hole in the middle for my hand! Fab! It's a great excuse to dress up crazy and raise some money for a fabulous charity.

Best of luck xx

Is everyone collecting sponsorship money for this? I havent bothered yet, and not sure I'm going to - is that bad? They've got £15 entry fee off me, but i realise a lot of that goes to organising the event, but I'm sure theres lots of people that have raised loads that will offset my lack of input.

I know it sounds really mean and lazy of me, but I primarily entered this to give me an opportunity to run a proper 10K run with others, not for charity. I work in an office which ends up having loads of people collecting for various sponsored events throughout the year. I'm doing other things myself in July and September which could feasibly also involving collecting sponsorship - and I'm just wary of it leading to "sponsorship fatigue"

Thoughts?

I'm the same I don't ask a work anymore as there are so many people doing things there is always an email going around asking for money. Plus when people ask for money for doing a 26 mile marathon doing the 5k doen't seem worthy.

I normally donate about £20 from my own pocket.

done it in just under 34 mins. yippee.

have collected sponsor money but as i only entered last week didnt get much opportunity to bug a lot of people, but hey ho every penny counts.x

done it in just under 34 mins. yippee.

have collected sponsor money but as i only entered last week didnt get much opportunity to bug a lot of people, but hey ho every penny counts.x

Just wanted to say well done :)

I'm collecting sponsorship again, but doing a joint page with my mum and sister. We've found that as the years go on, we've got less sponsorship, so decided to combine it, BUT every amount helps, large or small, and after watching my auntie at 43 being diagnosed and treated for breast cancer last year, we know that this money really helps.

My link is in my signature, here, and on my emails, but I'm not bugging people to sponsor me, it's there if people wish to use it

Gloria Hunniford was on T.V. the other day appealing for more participants as the numbers were down on past years, so every penny counts.

Her own daughter, Caron, died of breast cancer after a long and heroic fight that lasted years. What a lot of people do not know is that Gloria's mother also died of breast cancer. It is no wonder she is so passionate about The Race For Life.

She was at the first RFL I did, and when she did her speech, I couldn't stop crying!

I think she is an amazing woman and she always looks so well groomed.

Cant believe my Race for life is THIS SUNDAY!!! got to get my jogging bottoms washed.......!!

Sponsor link in my sig - FYI.

Good luck hun!x

Ellebear said:
Cant believe my Race for life is THIS SUNDAY!!! got to get my jogging bottoms washed.......!!

Sponsor link in my sig - FYI.

Arghhhh! Weather forecast for Sunday is gorgeous too :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck Elle..................

Good luck to all you ladies taking part. I just did a search in the hope there might be one near me coming up but there only appears to 1 held every year in N Ireland :sigh:

Am just on way home from doing the Race for Life in Solihull with Ellebear and her fab friends! We all did fab in 30 degree heat and all kicked butt in a respectable time! Elle has got some pics i think! Have had a great time and am thrilled to bits as I personally finished in 33'52 which is the fastest I have EVER run and I didn't even run it all!! Was lovely to meet EB and thanks again for letting me gate crash :D Would also just like to add that as stunning as she looks in her most recent pics, they don't do her justice and she looks even fabberer in person :D xx

Am just on way home from doing the Race for Life in Solihull with Ellebear and her fab friends! We all did fab in 30 degree heat and all kicked butt in a respectable time! Elle has got some pics i think! Have had a great time and am thrilled to bits as I personally finished in 33'52 which is the fastest I have EVER run and I didn't even run it all!! Was lovely to meet EB and thanks again for letting me gate crash :D Would also just like to add that as stunning as she looks in her most recent pics, they don't do her justice and she looks even fabberer in person :D xx

aww thanks WT!!!! you are such a sweetie, and put me and Maz to shame by running ahead of us - we completed in just over 34 minutes.....which was over 10 mins better than last years time! (and i am 2 stone lighter!!!) So happy and nearly raised £300 for Cancer research!!!

Will add some pics soon to this thread! xxx

Photos from today

Me and Marion (i am 516!)

P1070257.JPG

Marion, Me, Shell, Jo (welshtigger), Linds and Nat

P1070262.JPG

After the race!!!! nice and sweaty!!!

Shell, Nay, Linds, Nat, Jo (welshtigger), Me and Maz!

P1070263.JPG

well done ladies, dont know how you did it in the heat. i found it hard enough and i had rain but it has got to be easier than the heat.

I have a photo of my race for life but i dont know how to put it on here. i am useless.
raceforlife.jpg

whoops i did it. i am the one with dark hair pulled back, i think i am second on the left.

Last edited:
Back