I have entered Race for Life

Some great pics Ladies!! Well done to all who have taken part and raised money.
I have my RFL this weekend, I do it every year and I do ask for sponsorship!
I send the form round work, I put a link on my fb page and I ask people at my SW group - oh and of course the family MUST donate.

A lot of people don't donate but I do realise that most people know someone who is doing it so I'm not offended if they don't sponsor. We manage to raise around £200 every year which I think is no mean feat.

I love the atmosphere and, in a way, the emotion of the RFL and best of all, I love the fact that we unite in raising money for all affected by this horrid and cruel disease.

I cry every year!!!

btw - approx 50p of the entry fee goes to Cancer Research, if that. Sponsorship is so important.

Flippin' amazing all of you.

Gosh, I feel proud to know you all .

Well I did and raised £105 sponsorship in the end, feeling suitably chastised - might be more if my husband agrees to give me extra for doing it in less than an hour (I did 10K in 54min 20).

Brisol weather bore no relation to the BBC forecast either - BBC said sunny all day - 10:30 am on the Bristol Downs and it was teeming it down with rain!!!

Hope people are prepared to give me money again now for the half marathon which is a far bigger challenge for me

Well done Mandy. That £105 will make such a difference to someone, somewhere. I think a lot of people think the rather hefty entry fee goes to Cancer Research, but it doesn't and I think this should be more widely publicised so more people raise money, however little an amount.

Who are you raising money for for the half marathon? Perhaps if it is a different charity people will be more likely to donate again. Good luck with it.

The half marathon isnt tied to any particular charity so I havent quite decided yet.

I requested a fundraising pack for St Peter's Hospice which is one of the featured charities so might go for that, or might choose something else.

Still open to suggestions...

Back