I have just been reading a status on facebook

Moleymole

Nicki xxx
about how a girl has lost 2 stone which is fab but it has taken her from New Years Day this year - 10 months to lose 28lb - that would of been me before and now I'm 8lb off that in 4 weeks ! This diet is amazing !! :D

I was thinking similar the other day. If I'd been
Doing a food based diet it would have taken me about 9 months or so to lose 4 stones and I've done that in 2.5 months.

VLCDs are hard but goodness the results are worth it :)

I did slimming world a few months ago and lost 7.5lb in 5 weeks, that is why I came back to CD as it would take months before I could wear my slimmer wardrobe again !

The main reason I stopped going, other then being impatient. Was the group did there own version of slimmer of the year and the 4 candidates came in and did a speech. Bearing in mind everyone was there for the same reason, these 4 ladies stood up and started saying how grosteque they felt and how ashemed they were being a size 22 and they couldnt take it anymore - there's me sitting in between them, a size 26 feeling very angry and embarrassed, and never thought i would be charged the privilege to feel that way

I know what you mean , I have been off CD and doing SW as I had my gallbladder out ... when I started at the beggining of october , the SW consultant set everyone a challenge and said if we all tried really hard then it was possible to loose 1 whole stone by christmas ...... errrm i just could not get exciting about loosing a stone in 10 weeks !!!! I want to loose a stone in 2-3 weeks !!!! so back on CD on monday !!!

Same here, took me a year to lose 4 stone on SW and have lost 5 and a half in 5 months with CD. :D

I think I find CD easier actually, I think SW is misleading sometimes because they say you can eat as much pasta/rice/potatos as you want on green days when really, you should be careful of how much of those foods you eat. It's easy to over eat and have a slow loss I think.

SI think SW is misleading sometimes because they say you can eat as much pasta/rice/potatos as you want on green days when really, you should be careful of how much of those foods you eat. It's easy to over eat and have a slow loss I think.

I agree; I can't understand how SW advocate unlimited amounts of these foods when that goes against all current nutrition guidelines.

I did WW a for a couple of months about 3 years ago when I was 17 and lost a dress size but I used to eat the 'foods that keep you full' like pasta etc. and I think this slowed down my weight loss loads! Until I found out about diets like CD I didn't even realised carbs were bad. I thought eating pasta was a good thing because of what I learnt on WW. Silly me haha.

I didn't even realised carbs were bad. I thought eating pasta was a good thing because of what I learnt on WW. Silly me haha.

Felix.. carbs are not bad hon. They are an essential nutrient and the body needs them. The problem is refined carbs (your white bread and pasta) which the body just recognises and processes as sugar. Unrefined carbs (wholewheat pasta, wholegrain breads) are very good for you but even so you still need to be aware of portion sizes as most people will actually serve themselves 2-3 portions worth in a single meal!

I put weight on on my first week of SW ha ha ha

I wish i had found the Cambridge diet earlier - but better late then never lol.

My Dad and I were just saying this yesterday! I'd never heard of VLCDs before, but I wish I had. If I'd known about CD last year, I'd have been on it the day I turned 18. I would have had less to lose and have been comfortably at my goal weight by now. But as you say, better late than never. Just feels like I wasted a year being fat.

I have been on ww for actually most of my adult life i would join lose 2st keep going for about a year and end up weighing more when i finished then when i started, i've done this about 4 times....i always think how much money i spent on ww for the privelege of getting fatter!!

Back