I have just been reading a status on facebook

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Moleymole, 27 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Moleymole

Moleymole Nicki xxx

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(19.4%)
    Diet:
    CD
    about how a girl has lost 2 stone which is fab but it has taken her from New Years Day this year - 10 months to lose 28lb - that would of been me before and now I'm 8lb off that in 4 weeks ! This diet is amazing !! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I was thinking similar the other day. If I'd been
    Doing a food based diet it would have taken me about 9 months or so to lose 4 stones and I've done that in 2.5 months.

VLCDs are hard but goodness the results are worth it :)

4. clarecv3

clarecv3 Getting Married 2012

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Current Weight:
    21st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(10.88%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I was like that it took me 18 months to loose 5 stone on slimming world, and i found it harder to keep to then this. I am only on the 6th day so dont know offically how much i have lost .. hope its as good as your losses.

5. charley24

charley24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I did slimming world a few months ago and lost 7.5lb in 5 weeks, that is why I came back to CD as it would take months before I could wear my slimmer wardrobe again !

6. clarecv3

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Current Weight:
    21st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(10.88%)
    Diet:
    exante
    The main reason I stopped going, other then being impatient. Was the group did there own version of slimmer of the year and the 4 candidates came in and did a speech. Bearing in mind everyone was there for the same reason, these 4 ladies stood up and started saying how grosteque they felt and how ashemed they were being a size 22 and they couldnt take it anymore - there's me sitting in between them, a size 26 feeling very angry and embarrassed, and never thought i would be charged the privilege to feel that way

7. determinator

determinator Banned

I know what you mean , I have been off CD and doing SW as I had my gallbladder out ... when I started at the beggining of october , the SW consultant set everyone a challenge and said if we all tried really hard then it was possible to loose 1 whole stone by christmas ...... errrm i just could not get exciting about loosing a stone in 10 weeks !!!! I want to loose a stone in 2-3 weeks !!!! so back on CD on monday !!!

8. clarecv3

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Current Weight:
    21st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(10.88%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I was only loosing 1lb a week, and spending a fortune on the magazines, bars, weird bread, etc. I wish i had found the Cambridge diet earlier - but better late then never lol.

Good luck for Monday and look forward to hearing about your progress x

9. xmcnickyx

xmcnickyx Member

Start Weight:
    18st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(27.92%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Same here, took me a year to lose 4 stone on SW and have lost 5 and a half in 5 months with CD. :D

I think I find CD easier actually, I think SW is misleading sometimes because they say you can eat as much pasta/rice/potatos as you want on green days when really, you should be careful of how much of those foods you eat. It's easy to over eat and have a slow loss I think.

10. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I agree; I can't understand how SW advocate unlimited amounts of these foods when that goes against all current nutrition guidelines.

11. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I did WW a for a couple of months about 3 years ago when I was 17 and lost a dress size but I used to eat the 'foods that keep you full' like pasta etc. and I think this slowed down my weight loss loads! Until I found out about diets like CD I didn't even realised carbs were bad. I thought eating pasta was a good thing because of what I learnt on WW. Silly me haha.

12. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

Felix.. carbs are not bad hon. They are an essential nutrient and the body needs them. The problem is refined carbs (your white bread and pasta) which the body just recognises and processes as sugar. Unrefined carbs (wholewheat pasta, wholegrain breads) are very good for you but even so you still need to be aware of portion sizes as most people will actually serve themselves 2-3 portions worth in a single meal!

13. Moleymole

Moleymole Nicki xxx

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(19.4%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I put weight on on my first week of SW ha ha ha

14. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    My Dad and I were just saying this yesterday! I'd never heard of VLCDs before, but I wish I had. If I'd known about CD last year, I'd have been on it the day I turned 18. I would have had less to lose and have been comfortably at my goal weight by now. But as you say, better late than never. Just feels like I wasted a year being fat.

15. doubledebra

doubledebra Back 2 finish my journey

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.86%)
    Diet:
    Was CD SS now Exante
    I have been on ww for actually most of my adult life i would join lose 2st keep going for about a year and end up weighing more when i finished then when i started, i've done this about 4 times....i always think how much money i spent on ww for the privelege of getting fatter!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.