I have lost 20kg in 8 weeks but worried i have done too much

Hi Dayvo - thanks for ur reply I've enjoyed reading ur posts - I'm going to take your advice on eating what I want and more frequently But when you say ur only rule is that anything u eat has to be under 600 calories - presume u meaneach food item not ur total daily intake? Apols for the dumb question! I've been thinking of ways to change things around and that'll be a good start! I'll keep following ur posts and good luck on your weight loss journey.

hey upndown

Thanks for your support, Its not a dumb question i probably didnt explain myself properly. I meant my meal after my work out should be less than 600 calories with a mixture of carbohydrates and protein, to help repair and build muscle and replenish spent energy. My other meals dont contain quite as many calories but because there spread out i dont get hungry. I consume about 2000 calories a day, so im not starving myself it might be less than what i should be consuming because of all the exercise im doing but i never feel low on energy and so i dont really feel the need to eat more. hope that answers your question :)

Nice summary - Dayvo

Nice summary Dayvo :)

Well thanks for commenting anyway haha

I can give you a more condensed version if you want. basically 9weeks ago i was 132kg and as of today I am 108kg = a loss of 24kg. I was worried that if i carry on doing what i am doing now (10miles 5 days a week under 1hr30mins and 5aside football/soccer twice a week) will i still carry on losing weight or will it eventually just plateau? and so would I have to do even more?

The wonderful people on here convinced me otherwise and have been very supportive. I have posted a formula that will help me keep tabs on the amount of calories i burn a session and the amount of calories i consume a day and from that can calculate likely future weight loss. And I have also posted my diet, so if any of that interests you take a look ;)

Is everyone else having trouble seeing them? if so let me know and i will sort something out, thanks ;)
hi dayvo
i can not see them neither xx
i doo not think i will ever get running but like you said walking is good and i do a 2mile L.S one to so that a 30 min workout and walking if you know what i mean and beacause of me weight i feel like i have done and it knackers me out lol

Hi Chez

I am sure one day you will get there and be able to have a lil jog now and again, but in your own time of course. like i said in my earlier post whether you walk 2 mile or run you roughly burn same amount of calories. The only difference being the after burn effect of a more intensive work out but this is minimal. Id sooner beable to complete the 10mile rather than run out of steam and stop. that is why when i first ran that 10 mile i didnt care how long it took i just wanted to see 10mile on that treadmill and im still the same today even yesterday at the gym i was absolutely shattered, i did my usual session at the gym Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday. Monday i played football I went the gym again yesterday and my performance was shocking. I can usually run it under 1hr30mins but my body wasnt having it yesterday 1hr40 it took me, So i did the sensible thing and took today off, i hate doing it but you just gotta listen to your body. My point is mid workout i was thinking to myself Im not going to beable to manage this today I will stop at 7miles and that was my plan up untill that 7mile mark. I took my own advice and told myself it dosn't matter how long it takes, just hit that 10 mile mark, walk if you have to, take a few extra brakes but you are going to get to 10miles. and so thats what i did i just knocked the speed down i still ran but when i was blowing a bit i just walked for 2minutes and you know what i burned the same amount of calories i did all those other days.

So You are doing the right thing, keep it up and keep positive ;)

And i will try sort thos pictures out i duno what is going on with em.

Thanks

hi dayvo
thankyou so much :D

yes i agree with you listen to your body i agree with that totally i was trying to push myself 5 days a week now im doing it 3 times a week monday wednesday friday and as i get fitter like you said i will up the miles x
hope your having a great day x x

Thanks Chez

And thats right listen to your body. Its not easy to lose weight and so you still have to push yourself but you know when you need a rest day, I found that out the hard way. I understand now that recovery is part of your progression. A side note to that is that you need to enjoy your exercise and that is the key to sticking to it, im sure the main reason people give up is because its not enjoyable and they see it as a chore. But if you can picture yourself looking great, feeling great and being a lot happier and confident in yourself that should be enough to make any exercise enjoyable in my opinion because the end result will be amazing.

Good Luck

PS: I messaged the moderators a couple days ago regarding you not being able to see the pics but they not got back to me yet :( I will message them again later so hopefully can sort it out:)

Thanks Chez

And thats right listen to your body. Its not easy to lose weight and so you still have to push yourself but you know when you need a rest day, I found that out the hard way. I understand now that recovery is part of your progression. A side note to that is that you need to enjoy your exercise and that is the key to sticking to it, im sure the main reason people give up is because its not enjoyable and they see it as a chore. But if you can picture yourself looking great, feeling great and being a lot happier and confident in yourself that should be enough to make any exercise enjoyable in my opinion because the end result will be amazing.

Good Luck

PS: I messaged the moderators a couple days ago regarding you not being able to see the pics but they not got back to me yet :( I will message them again later so hopefully can sort it out:)

hi davyo
wow you are so right about that i think so people do the exercise but hate it push themself to hard and like you said do what you enjoy chezz and you will see the results i push myself in the morning and do it before work no excuses if i try i tell myself off lolol

i found when mine would not work it was me who put the wrong code in i now use photobucket
i did my first w.i today 7lb loss :D well happy

GREAT RESULT CHEZ!! I am really happy for you just keep doing exactly what you're doing because it looks like its working great for you.

And i wll try out photo bucket, i cant of put the wrong codes in though because I see them. I might not just have been a member long enough.

But thats not important right now, Well done to you and keep it up ;)

thankyou
you could be right i think you need 50 posts
hope your having a great day and thankyou for your support x x

Hi Davyo,

I have read your story.It is very similar to me.I was a player in my early days but due to some circumstances I had to leave my game and had to join a (desk) job..a very hectic one of course.Used to get very little time left for me and without any exercise I started gaining weight.From 68 kg I had become 120 kg. Everything happen so quickly that I didn't even realise how odd I was becoming.My girl friend left me and just like you I have reinvented myself and also changed the previous job which is much flexible than the previous one.I have started working on my exercise and now reduced my weight to 90 kg.Still long way to go but I have regained my confidence and feeling much younger.Thanks for sharing your story.Great going.I have lost almost 5 kg(10 lbs) in just 7 days.I don't think there is anything wrong in it only if you are not torturing your body too much.

Hi Skmyna

Im glad you enjoyed my post and well done to you for losing all that weight. This thread has had over 1000 views now and i know the reason for that is that people want to know how you lose all that weight that quickly but then they want to know how it was achieved. So ive gone into as much depth as i can and hope it has helped a few people out that wasnt why i started the thread but i am overjoyed if that is how it has developed and when people hear success stories like yours it only serves to help them because then they know it is possible and it isnt someone who has millions of pounds or there own personal trainer or a lot of free time on their hands, it is just regular guys and girls like you and me who have day jobs and not millions upon millions and I am sure that is a huge, HUGE! inspiration and motivation to each and every person who reads your story.

I feel fantastic, amazing, spectacular and that makes all those days of pain and hardship slogging away at the gym worth every aching moment. Every time it felt as though I couldnt do anymore I kept the bigger picture in mind and that made me kick on to do the best i could. And that mentally got me into trouble a couple times, Im sure you read how I had to take a little trip to the hospital but that didnt put me off and i learnt from my mistakes and havnt looked back ever since.

The other thing you mention is that losing a lot of weight in a short period of time isnt anything to worry about and i definately agree with that particularly for larger people like myelf. I dont know what the average weight for a 6ft male from the UK is but it definitely isnt 132kg so ofcourse losing more than the recommended 2-3pounds or 1kg a week should be absolutely fine. at the peak i lost about 4kg in a week and i didnt feel ill or hungry or lethargic I felt the exact opposite. but you can imagine an average guy who is just a little overweight would be very ill if they lost that amount and i think that is where things get lost in translation. I dont have any saggy skin im starting to see muscle tone in my arms and stomach now without lifting a single weight and or doing as much as one sit up and its coming up to 12weeks now. The weight loss has slowed down a bit but its still going in the right direction and thats all i care about. Im in no rush, im happy with the way i look at the moment at 105kg and people are even saying to me that i dont look as if i need to lose more weight which is great but i know i do but what is more important is that i want and look forward to it everyday.

So Thanks for your input Skmyna and i am sure you have helped someone tonight, you have definately helped me. ;)

i have loved reading both of them

i found when mine would not work it was me who put the wrong code in i now use photobucket
i did my first w.i today 7lb loss :D well happy

that's a great loos chezz - well done!

Back