• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I have never...

Guru

Silver Member

LizS

Shut up Ethel
I'm scared of the shop of Top.

I've never been in mango, zara, coast, whistles, hobbs...so many.

Guru

Silver Member
Oh I've never been in there either! In fact, if it doesn't have a plus size range then I've never been in it. Even to buy a necklace or handbag - I worry they're thinking "that fatty will never fit in anything in here".

Wales

Silver Member
I felt the same about Next, as I haven't been able to fit in any of their stuff for years but now - size 16 - yippeee. I think I am too old for Top Shop and H&M but you never know!

Guru

Silver Member
Oh I am too old for them too :D You have to be selective!

sbridge7

Silver Member
I always feel intimidated by Topshop and probably will even when I lose the weight but in all honesty, I much prefer the clothes in New Look and River Island x

Wales

Silver Member
My OH and I have a joke about wet look leggings - I think he thinks I am serious but I know my limits. I might get some just to wind him up when I get to goal - his face would be a picture if I got those out of a shopping bag!

NicolaR

Oh I've never been in there either! In fact, if it doesn't have a plus size range then I've never been in it. Even to buy a necklace or handbag - I worry they're thinking "that fatty will never fit in anything in here".
Oh Guru, I have the same fear! And I bought a beautiful Karen Millen dress in a teeny size for when I get to target, but it was hideous. So I had to go in the shop to return it. It was so embarrassing but now that I think about it, nobody was staring and pointing at me like I thought they would ;)

eyeontheprize

can see the end in sight!
I love shopping in these places.. Now! But I don't think I will ever ever fit into h&m clothes, their sizes are ridiculous. Topshop is fab, as is French connection.

I bought some 'hareem' pants in H&M, they were a size 10 and I am a 16 AND they fitted :eek: as my man said, they were mis-sized..... didn't stop me from making sure the label was sticking up when I wore them! :D

eyeontheprize

can see the end in sight!
love it banafell!!

Hey Banafell

I'd love to wear those 'mc hammer pants' as I like to call them...but being pear shaped..I dont think theyd suit me....

Id be wearing them with the label out too at a size 10!! lol!

LizS

Shut up Ethel
H&M are often american sized, which can be misleading - at a size 20 I bought two jackets in there which were labelled a 16...which of course is an american 16, uk 20.

This is why I loved shopping in New York when I was a UK 16...buying size 12, fabulous.

Having said that H&M have a very cavalier attitude to sizing, sometimes its miles out in the other direction (eg buy a ten, fits a 16...)

Tbh I don't really care about the shop girls or their snotty attitudes, I'm only in there for a little while then I go away again and if they criticise me behind my back, well I don't know about it nor care!

Hey Banafell

I'd love to wear those 'mc hammer pants' as I like to call them...but being pear shaped..I dont think theyd suit me....

Id be wearing them with the label out too at a size 10!! lol!
Congratulations Ria on your weight loss :)
I'm a pear shape and the 'hareem' pants really suited me, they are only £10 and are soooo comfortable and feel like tracksuit bottoms, go for it - promise you won't be disappointed. x