I have quark... what the h*ll do I do with it?

Crys

I saw it and bought it in asda, but have no idea what its for! :eek:

Does anyone have any suggestions?

hi,
i bought quark today been looking 4 it for sooo long but finally found it.

i mixed
250g (1 small tub)
3 eggs
onions
mushrooms
sweetcorn
any veg u like.....

mixed all together and lined a round baking tin sprayed with fry light, poured in the mixture and baked for hlf hr or til its browned off.

and it was sooooooooo nice!!!

i put 1 teaspoon of ketchup which is 1 syn i think. tastes better with that. u can season all u want as quark is quite bland and tasteless but its brilliant.

good luck x

kdub24 said:
hi,
i bought quark today been looking 4 it for sooo long but finally found it.

i mixed
250g (1 small tub)
3 eggs
onions
mushrooms
sweetcorn
any veg u like.....

mixed all together and lined a round baking tin sprayed with fry light, poured in the mixture and baked for hlf hr or til its browned off.

and it was sooooooooo nice!!!

i put 1 teaspoon of ketchup which is 1 syn i think. tastes better with that. u can
season all u want as quark is quite bland and tasteless but its brilliant.

good luck x

You will be pleased to know that ketchup is 1 syn for 1 tblsp :)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lady A said:
Bin it! :p Sorry everyone but I find it makes me wanna :9529:

Oh dear Lady A , you poor thing.

I love it! It makes delicious truffles and fillings for cake.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

gdgd :))))

thanks xx

I add a little stock to mine & use as a dressing in salads. Or just add cheese to it (leave for a while for the flavour to mingle) & spread on ryvita, toast etc.

Or use instead of mayo, but it does need flavour adding otherwise it's minging. You also need to leave for a while after adding the flavouring for the quark to take on the flavour.

We had a taster day and someone brought in a lovely dip made with quark and a chilli tomato relish. It worked out quite low in syns for the whole thing. It was really nice with veg sticks. She said you could make it with any relish really. I'd leave it a wee while in the fridge to let the flavours mingle.

I think there was a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting made from quark too. 14 1/2 syns for the whole cake.

ONLY pate!

Hello pate fans! For chicken liver pate you need:
1 pack of frozen chicken livers (defrosted, duh)
3 bacon medallions, chopped
2 small onions, red or white or one medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste
Half a pot of QUARK
Fry your onions in fry light til softened
Add crushed garlic and chopped bacon and fry together.
Take out and set aside
Add chicken livers to the pan with some fry light and cook til done all the way through
Add the bacon and oniony garlicy mix and cook together until well mixed.
Add your herbs and mix well.
Put entire mix into a food processor, add half a tub of Quark and blitz until smooth. Taste, say "Oh my God, Vicky is a genius", and add your seasoning if required. Blitz again.
Put in tub to cool and when cooled, refrigerate. The mixture will regain it's Quark-like consistency when cold.
Smugly spread on HEb of wholewheat crackerbread, 2 slices of Nimble granary toast, or dip crudites of cucumber, celery and carrot and enjoy! xx

I love it mixed with a bit of Splenda and eaten with chopped fruit

Mix it with a white chocolate Options (3.5syns???), leave it for a couple of hours to take the flavour and use it to dip strawberries in - mmmmm xx

what does it actually taste of?

I'm still new to quark but I made a syn free desert topping with it which my friend reckoned tasted like ice cream (not sure I agreed with her about the ice cream but it was delish)

150g quark
300g fromage fraise
10g sweetener
a capfull of vanilla essence

mix everything together and chill for a couple of hours before using. use as a sweet topping instead of cream.

I dont like quark unless its disguised well!! The best thing i use it in is for a cheesecake. I make individual ones:

I just use a dessert spoon and use 1 spoon of quark, 1 of extra light philidelphia and a muller light youhurs with chocolate sprinkles. then mix it all up, crush a light digestive and put in a bowl then put the mixture on top. Tastes just like cheesecake when left to chill for 20 mins or so. Adjustthe levels of quark Phili to your taste.. I like it as a treat for pudding, think its only the digestive 4 Syns and the extra light phili is a HE

xx

Cheesecake sounds lovely.

The Extra Light Philly is only an HEX on a Green day x

Back