I have started on Lighter Life Total

bradgirl

My Journey!
Ok, I have been and paid! Am now officially on LLTotal. - Phew.

I enjoyed my first meeting, and started chatting.

I have managed to put all the packets away into my own box out of the way of the normal products that can be found in a kitchen!

But whilst sorting out what I have, I do not have any breakfast porridge - HELP?
I do have Pasta Carbonara, Shepherd's Pie, Chilli Carne; Soup: - Cream Asparagus, Minestrone,Chicken, Pea & Ham. Shakes, Banana, strawberry, and 7 bars.

Please can someone advise me what to have for breakfast?

I would suggest that you have your shakes for brekkie for thw first 3 days and then your bars. You can always pick up porridge next week.

I would suggest that you have your shakes for brekkie for thw first 3 days and then your bars. You can always pick up porridge next week.

Thanks for your reply, but

Sorry to late, I have cut up a bar into tiny pieces, and I am enjoying it! Chocolate fudge and water.

Tomorrow I will have a shake, and try and keep the bar for the evening picnic that we are going on!

I hope to speak my LLC , as I thought I had put the porridge down on the list.

Bradgirl! Me too! First meeting last night (which was really great!), nice group of ladies (all very positive and easy to talk to) and picked up my food packs. I am having breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner. I will start with a glass of water first then each meal. I plan to have shakes for breakfast, soup for lunch, shake for snack, soup for dins. I didn't get any of the packs of shepherds pie, pasta, chili, etc. Will try those later on. I don't like the idea of babyfood texture. Maybe I can muster the courage to try it later on.

Just had my first shake (Vanilla) with a splash of coffee. Almost as nice as Starbucks ;) So far so good!

Best of luck this week! Excited to see what you lost the first week! x

ooh, I meant to say that my counsellor says that I'm not allowed bars the first week?:confused:

I just had minestrone soup for lunch. Goodness, that was tough to swallow :sign0137:

I just had minestrone soup for lunch. Goodness, that was tough to swallow :sign0137:

Oh no, I am just about to make mine! My councellor hasn't given me bars - I am on Total - so that strange isn't it!

Oh no, I am just about to make mine! My councellor hasn't given me bars - I am on Total - so that strange isn't it!

Its not bad, but the dried bits need a little loner to soak!

Most counsellors say not to have the bars for the first 3/4 days or for the first week. They are higher in carbs than other packs and can make it difficult to get into ketosis.

Sorry I meant to have typed, "I have the bars - chocolate fudge is ok"

And minestrone soup is fine.

So thats 2 meals down, drinking plenty of water.

What to have to night Shepherds pie, followed by a shake later perhaps. Then thats 4 packets out the way - phew.

I have put my food away from the kitchen, so I don't get tempted by the other packets in the kitchen.

I had a shake around 3:30ish and will have my 4th packet later on this evening. Being my first day, I was so motivated - I am hungry though. hmmpf! Finding it harder than I initially thought I would.

I had a shake around 3:30ish and will have my 4th packet later on this evening. Being my first day, I was so motivated - I am hungry though. hmmpf! Finding it harder than I initially thought I would.

I am ok, I had the bar for breakfast, lunch - soup Minestrone - it was nice, Shake around 6.00 p.m. ( this time can be a difficult time for me, I felt I wanted it.) and Dinner 8.30 p.m., I had planned to put dinner in a nice bowl, but then decided to put it in a Ramekin Dish - which was the right size! I had the water with Sunrise Orange powder in it, and a green leaf tea. I don't feel hungry, and feel very positive. They said in my meeting, that you shouldn't be hungry, drink more water, or have a hot green tea. I read somewhere to brew it for 6 minutes, apparently you get all the right toxins out of the bag! And to have a hot cup in your hands is lovely.

Have manage to pick up some porridge tonight, which I will have for breakfast, lunch will be CHILLI pack, DINNER - shake, and snack - bar. I am out at a picnic from 5.30 pm., which is where I will have shake and bar. I may swap lunch and dinner around depends how the timing goes. My friends are having a picnic, with those packets that are usually stored in a kitchen! But they all know that I am on LLT, and they don't need to bring food for me, as I will have my own., plus a large of of black tea/coffee and water.

Good luck for tomorrow yesdarling we can do this. YES WE CAN

Porridge - is fine, I have served it up in a pretty china bowl that usually holds another type of sweetener , (from my Tea Set). And cooked it on the hob, and am drinking a green tea with it. I wanted my meal to be special.

Had a pint of water before the porridge,

Good luck for today yesdarling and nomoreyoyo - WE CAN DO THIS. YES WE CAN.

I hope to go to the gym this afternoon, before off to the picnic. I am going to try to go 5 times, ( but 2 of those may be a 2 games of golf). By going to the gym I should be able to tone up over the next few months. I have also started body brushing, using Bio Oil - its half price at Llloyds, so worth having and using! Its a excellent oil.

bradgirl, you are super positive! I love that! I am feeling more positive this morning. I drank nearly 4 litres of water yesterday. I was so thirsty throughout the day. Saved my 4th meal until later in the evening so I would feel full closer to bedtime. And, went to bed earlier than usual to help keep my mind off not having proper food. I think I will have more tea today. I didn't have any yesterday. Your meal times sound good. I have to have something around 3ish. That is my hardest time. I don't know if I actually felt hungry yesterday. It was more of an empty feeling with no appeitite for real food. BUt, I am so use to eating when I feel slightly hungry because I prefer to feel full. That is terrible. SO, this plan is helping with that. So far I really only like the vanilla shakes. Going to trade in my minestrone soup and chocolate shakes for vanilla and maybe try the carbonara dinner pack. Will try another soup for lunch. Fingers crossed. Great that you are gyming it! I am doing yoya at home and some isometric exercises for strengthening. I also started body brushing yesterday and moisterising/bio oil. :)

Nomoreyoyo, how you getting on?

Does anyone know if we can have white tea?

Have a nice day!

But as least that is 1 day behind us...

Have had pea and ham soup, cooked in saucepan, and left it to soak - its nice.

I had the pasta dish last night - it was nice for a packet ( but small!)

I believe you can have any 'Leaf" tea, as long as its black.

yesdarling which soup are you having?

I am going to my first meeting tonight and to get packs, to start Total tomorrow.

I'm so nervous but its great to see the encouragement you are giving each other on here! Keep it up!

Just had the chilli, interesting, closed you eyes when you eat it, mmmm !
But the taste is HOT, and texture is unlike any chilli I have ever had.

At the end of the day, its a meal with 500-600 calories.

I am out tonight to a concert along with a picnic with friends, I will have summer Berries shake, followed by a bar, cut up.

ps I actually want to lick the bowl out! But better not.

Have a good evening.

bradgirl, I had the vegetable soup for lunch and it was nice! yay! Finally a soup I like! I am still struggling today wanting proper food though. Had to call my LL counsellor for a peptalk! She is great and got me on track. Asked meto come in this evening during a drop in time but I forgot I had someone dropping by to collect an ebay item I sold. Will try and pop in tomorrow for a packet swap. I actualy feel as if I have lost weight in just two days. My tummy is slightly flatter! :) I am still super edgy and grumpy at the moment though. My poor toddler twins probably think mama has lost the plot today with all of my shouting and lack of patience. :family2:

ringleader, best of luck tonight!

I am going to my first meeting tonight and to get packs, to start Total tomorrow.

I'm so nervous but its great to see the encouragement you are giving each other on here! Keep it up!

Ringleader, How did you get on tonight for your first meeting?

I enjoyed my new style picnic, I had summer berries shake, and toffee bar later on the in evening during the concert, went to Caro Emerald. Looking back, I should have poured the shake into a glass, as I didn't like drinking it out of the container, and it would have felt more special.

I found it hard at the picnic, as the crisps and dips came out for hubby and friends, but I also felt positive, and a commitment to Lighter Life. And at one time I found myself holding someone else's wine! As we had decided not to take a table, which would have been sensible, but no one wanted to carry it! So it was a bit like "Hold this whilst I pour" But I managed it, and drunk the water followed by black coffee.

I don't think I am in ketosis as yet, as don't feel hungry, but then again, maybe I shouldn't feel hungry.

I did go to the gym to day, and playing golf 18 holes tomorrow, hope the rain stay off. It didn't tonight and at one time I was wet and cold! But not hungry.

So Day 2 is over.

Hows everyone else with Day 2?

Back