I have started on Lighter Life Total

All cupcakes sold!

I am nearly finishing my 2nd week on total - can't believe that I have managed it.
I hope to start LL lite as of tomorrow evening, may eat after I have weighed tomorrow.
Can any advise me how many calories I would be on LL Lite with the real food option?

How's everyone else doing?

bradgirl said:
I am nearly finishing my 2nd week on total - can't believe that I have managed it.
I hope to start LL lite as of tomorrow evening, may eat after I have weighed tomorrow.
Can any advise me how many calories I would be on LL Lite with the real food option?

How's everyone else doing?

Lite is 800 to 1200 calories depending on what options you choose.

Lite is 800 to 1200 calories depending on what options you choose.

Hi weasey, thanks for that. I am looking forward to real food with a knife and fork, cooking again, and eating off a plate!

How are you doing, how many calories are you now?

I am on week 4 of maintenance (first 2 weeks on stage 2 last 2 on stage 3). Am currently sticking to 60g of carbs abd 1000 calories a day - althought the calories/carbs limits are my own invention - not an LL thing.

weasy, you have done so well! What did you base your numbers on (carbs/cals)?

BG, it will be nicer when on Lite. I am definately doing lite when I get down to a 29 BMI. I'm doing ok. Hopeing for a nice weight loss tonight. Oh, I had a colonic irrigation yesterday. First time. May even have lost some weight from that! :)

LIvid at my husband today as he brought home chocolate and it is in the cupboard tempting me. I am dumping it all down the toliet shortly. He won't leave it after that. He knows it is my weakness and I feel hurt that he would do this (even thought I know it wasn't on purpose). He KNows how hardI have found LL and no real food, I just wish we were more thoughtful about it.

rant over :p

I was having around 800 calories a day and up to 60g of carbs when on lite. For the vast majority of people having 60g of carbs a day keeps them in ketosis. I moved straight on to stage 2 of total's P1M (the new RTM) - I wanted to do the total version as I was on total for 6 months before doing lite but the was no point moving back to 4 packs per day. I didn't have e dairy on lite so I spent my time on stage 2 reintroducing dairy. At that point I hchose to keep the calories and carbs the same - but introduce dairy. When I moved to stage 3 I decided to increase the calories by 200 and keep the carbs the same. I'm thinking of going to 1200 calories and 60g of carbs when I move to stage 4. After that I'll probably keep the calories the same for a while and increase the carbs by 10g a day. It's all about me understanding what affect different foods / calories / carbs have on me and my body.

Have lost 4lbs that a total 11 lbs in two week. Very Very Very pleased:)

I now start my Lite journey, got to study the book.

Have to have 2 packets tonight, to keep me on the 4 a day. Then real food tomorrow night, I am so excited about that.

yesdarling: - how did you do tonight?

well done BG! Lucky you having proper food now. :) Looking forward to seeing how well you do. I did well. Lost 7! Shocked. I have lost a total of 18 lbs in 4 weeks. whoo hoo!

thanks for the explanation weasy. Does your LL counsellor not tell you how many cal/carbs/fat you should have in a day? also, are there only certain foods you can have each week?

Well done yesdarling fantastic result 18lbs in 4 weeks.

Have your friends and family noticed the difference?

Totals938622799
Your Daily Goal1,2001654045
Remaining26210313-54

Weasy, I have started on myfitnesspal, this is the report for end of the day (tonight). On that web site they allowed 13873 cals.
but have changed it to 1200, as you can see I would have used 938, but my fat is a −54. If I am sticking to 3 packers and a meal. Should that be ok? It all seems confusing somewhat, as want to carrying on loosing weight.

I am out for a "nice meal" on Sunday, where I believe I can have Chicken or Beef, and plan to stick to Lite on that day, which should be ok and doable.!

Thanks BG. My husband has noticed. :) I'm on fitnesspal, too ;)

4th July.

I have had real food tonight, it was lovely.
Todays meal, LL shake, LL Soup, LL Bar, 300g Cod - baked in foil in the oven along with, 3 tsp olive oil, 80g cherry tomatoes, 80 asparagus, 80 red pepper - yummy. During the day 1/2 pit skim milk

Water and black coffee whilst out tonight.

bradgirl said:
Totals938622799
Your Daily Goal1,2001654045
Remaining26210313-54

Weasy, I have started on myfitnesspal, this is the report for end of the day (tonight). On that web site they allowed 13873 cals.
but have changed it to 1200, as you can see I would have used 938, but my fat is a -54. If I am sticking to 3 packers and a meal. Should that be ok? It all seems confusing somewhat, as want to carrying on loosing weight.

I am out for a "nice meal" on Sunday, where I believe I can have Chicken or Beef, and plan to stick to Lite on that day, which should be ok and doable.!

If you go on the website you can change all of the settings under 'goals'. Set your own values - don't use their guidence. Then you can set the carbs to be around 60g - which will increase the fat allowed. Don't worry too much about fat - as long as your calories are ok you'll lose weight. Your daily goal for protein should be 50g and this is a MINIMUM not a maximum.

Ah, thanks for that, that looks better, it advise me, that I should be 10lbs lighter in 5 weeks, - fantastic.!

Thursday 5th July

I am enjoying real food, yesterday I had, shake for breakfast, soup for lunch, bar - snack mid afternoon,
Steak 193g broccoli, tomatoes, red onion 2tsp oil - yummy - didn't want it to end!

Lots of walking, and loads of water.
300ml of skim milk, for coffee, and drink.

yesdarling said:
Thanks BG. My husband has noticed. :) I'm on fitnesspal, too ;)

How do you use fitnesspal? ). I find it useful to keep track of what I am eating and exercise, and it covers LL lite on there

Last edited:
I went shopping and out for lunch, although I only had black coffee and water, got home around 5.30. It was a long day, hen had a soup , my fish and veg around 8.30 and porridge shortly afterwards, although I didn't feel hungry I still thought I should have the 3rd packet

Weigh day tomorrow, looking forward to see how I have done on LL Lite.

First on LL Lite - lost 1 lb. - at least it is off, and I am pleased 12 lbs in 3 weeks. fantastic.

Back