Cruise PP I have the most to lose

cteena48

Can you believe this?

Myself and partner are doing this Dukan Diet together and thats great. When Im down he discourages me from wondering from the allowed and when its the other way round..I tell him to get on with it! :8855:
No seriously, I dont think I could have done it so far without my OH and his help, he has really been great BUT considering he is bigger than me...I still have more than him weightwise to lose :confused:

BUGGER.....!!!!!! :break_diet:

My other half doesn't need to lose weight at all being tall and skinny - but he still manages to do better than me whenever I go on a diet!!!

taken from ww website

Is it true that men can eat more than women without gaining weight and also lose weight faster? Yes, and the reason can be found in biological differences between men and women.

Metabolism Differences
There are relatively small metabolic differences between men and women. On average, women's total energy expenditure, which is the number of calories burned for metabolic needs, including breathing, blood circulation, digestion and physical activity, is around 5%-10% lower than men's.1 The reduced energy expenditure can be partly explained by body composition.

Body composition, that is the amount of muscle, bone, and fat that make up the male and female body, are quite different. Men, in general, have more muscle mass, heavier bones, and less body fat than women. For example, a typical man in his 20s who weighs 11st has 69lb of muscle, 23lb of bone and 23lb of fat. A typical women of the same age who weighs 8st 13lb has 45lb of muscle, 15lb of bone, and 34lb of fat. The recommended percentage of body fat for a woman is between 20%-30% which is thought to be higher for childbearing, while the recommended range for a man is between 12%-20%.2 Because of these differences in muscle mass, men burn more calories than women at rest.

Physical activity differences appear to also play a role. Women, in general, tend to be less active than men. One study that measured metabolism in both men and women found that the main reason women's energy expenditure was lower was due to significantly less calories burned from physical activity.3

These two factors – more calories burned at rest and more calories burned during activity – make it easier for men to eat more without gaining weight and also to lose weight faster than women of a similar size. The differences in terms of total weight loss, however, are modest. For example, in two 12-week weight loss studies, one in men, and the other in women, the men lost 17.6lb, while the women lost 13.4.4,5

Bottom Line
While gender differences in metabolism do exist, the differences in terms of total weight loss are modest. For both men and women, making positive lifestyle changes will result in successful, lasting weight loss..

and, even more galling, if ever OH and I go out for a non Dukan meal (I'm no longer doing the diet so I can :D), I gain far more weight than he does eating the same things!

Men pfft!

Mine literally eats ALL the time....We could have dinner and he's thinking about what he wants for his tea... It could be midnight and he'll eat a massive sandwich!!! He's quite muscular but not in the least bit fat or chubby or anything! Grrr!

So far he has lost two pound more than me, bless him. How come men lose quicker, if you dont mind me asking?

Cause i dont have to sign the 'fession and eat fairy cakes.... :D

My DH also finds it irritatingly easy to lose weight - he started jogging last week (just so not to be outdone by my gym fetish!) and dropped 3lbs... and that's with him eating MORE because running makes him hungry!! Grrrr!

Back