I have to cheat tomorrow :(

shrinker

Tomorrow night I'm going out to dinner with my old boss in the hope of winning back my old job which I quit just over a year ago and since found out the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

I don't want to tell him what I'm doing diet wise and can get away with drinking as I'm driving.
So, now I've accepted that I will have to cheat tomorrow it's all about damage limitation, I don't want to eat and it certainly won't lead to a binge.
What are my best choices, I should be able to sway him to a eatery of my choosing; steak house, fish restaurant or wagamama.

Any ideas / tips for what to choose would be gratefully received. I well I to ketosis and don't want to kick myself out.

Hey

Don't think of it as cheating... that sort of language can set you up for a whole chain of events that you might not want. Consider it a part of your plan for the day ... and aim for the 810? If you look up in the stickies there is a whole thread of recipe ideas and (I think) the list of foods allowed so you could try to approximate those foods as much as possible.

Go for something like an SS+ meal ie chicken or fish with salad or veg.. Or an omelette with salad?

Good luck with getting ur job back - hope all goes well!

I was told to go for grilled chicken... had a similar problem which in a way de motivated me..my dad's indian birthday meal..all i kept thinking was i couldn't sit there and not eat so my cdc suggested a piece of chicken... sadly ended up breaking the diet :( Good luck hon.. Hope u get the job too xx

Thanks for the advice, I'll check out that link.

I think you are right about not referring to it as cheating; mentally I don't want to use it as an excuse to hop off this train.

I'm going to be gutted if I don't see a loss at the end of this week but it's something I have to do.

Go for things like grilled meat or fish or an omelette if you end up going somewhere like a Chinese. Get a salad if you can or something with veg and ask for no sauces or for the sauce to be on the side then you can measure how much you're having :)

Warning, this post contains graphic food descriptions! :D

Just spoken with my old boss and he has decided where we are going, so as I'm now in damage limitation mode I've got the menu for the Pub Restaurant where we will be going so I can choose in advance!

Narrowed the choices to the 3 best options;

1. Chicken Caesar Salad Grilled chicken breast served on a bed of our classic Caesar salad.
  2. Grilled Sea Bass Two fillets of sea bass served on Mediterranean vegetable ratatouille with rosemary roasted new potatoes and rocket
  3. Chorizo Chicken Tender, grilled chicken breast served on spicy chorizo sausage, sweet potato mash and fine green beans. Finished with a smoked chilli jam and sour cream

I'm thinking the Caesar Salad, even with a dressing and avoiding croutons I think it should be lower in carbs than the veg in the ratatouille and also the the extras on the chorizo chicken.

If you could get the Ceasar with no dressing it would be even better!

Hope it goes well!

A lot of places will either serve the Caesar salad without the dressing, or put in separately on the side, you can always ask x

Just think off as a one meal necessity. Don't stress over it too much. One meal should not mean a gain at the end of the week, just not as big a loss. But still a loss.

Good luck with the Job!!!! Fingers kissed for you

Cheers for the support ladies! I will keep you posted.

I'm trying not to pin my hopes on this too much, as my boss doesn't know the real reason why I am meeting him.
My current job has me working in North Africa for 7 weeks in every 10 and isn't exactly compatible with CD or any healthy eating choices so I need to get away from it for both my health and mental wellbeing.

Well, just back from dinner. Had the chicken caesar salad and despite me asking for the dressing separate it came well coated in the stuff. I ate everything but the croutons (ok, I had two!). Hoping it won't kick me out of Ketosis and affect my weight loss too much this week.

Does anyone know how long it would take to show if I'm out of ketosis on the Ketostiks?

The meeting went well and apparently my old company would have me back in a second, but can't at the moment as they can't recruit in this economic climate :( Hoping things change in the coming months.

don't go by ketosticks. go by how you feel.

Back