I just took update photos...

Caz

Repeat Offender
And I can't really see a difference! Admittedly my start photo isn't that great a one, had problems taking it of myself!! I kind of wish I hadn't taken one now! Has anyone else found this? Have you found that as you go on you find it easier to look at the difference rather than just thinking how terrible you still look? Cos I guess that's the thing, I can see a slight difference, only slight, but all I really see is just how horrible I still look!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure I will, eventually! I think as I lose a bit more and take more I'll start to notice it more. I guess it's the whole fat in the head that someone else mentioned. I have to get to a point in my weight loss where I stop seeing myself as the way I was, seeing my losses rather than all the rest that I have to go!

Haha.. HA! I didn't say I'd shared them! Hell no!

i don't think you will. And the first photo is really really bad anyway! I took it about a week into the diet. I hate photos!!

I am sure we all find fault in ourselves. I got my husband to take a picture of me on Sunday and I felt good in what I was wearing. and when I saw the pic I didnt really like it.. I added it to facebook and had loads of comments but I was looking at it thinking I looked bigger in it and found lots of faults in it but others dont see those we become critical of ourselves however big or small we are. x

I suppose. Ok, I'll upload them. I'm not very photogenic anyway, but these really aren't great! The faces I'm pulling are ridiculous!!

Hiya caroline, with me it was the opposite, I seemed to notice a difference after the first few weeks, but since then although my clothes are falling down, I just don't see any difference at all!!
I don't think we are ever happy...
I just keep myself going thinking "well when I am at healthy BMI, then I must look better than when I started...." I suppose my thoughts will catch up with reallity eventually!

x

Edited to say,,,, just looked at your pics so far.. not sure which ones you are comparing... But how old is that bride to be????
She looks about 11?? or I am getting really really old?

xx

It's a really interesting point I think. About when our mindset catches up with our changing bodies. I know that for me as well as changing my lifestyle, my weight etc. I really need to work on my head too. Got to get my head in the game! I have major confidence issues, though I think most of my friends and family would disagree. But that's because over the years my life has become a stage and I'm wearing the biggest mask out there. I can be quite loud sometimes, probably me trying to show that I'm this confident person. The thing is I've almost forgotten that I'm not and sometimes totally surprise myself! I just have to work on bringing this person out more and dealing with my issues, which to be honest go beyond just my weight. I think basically, I just have to learn to love myself. Though that's easier said then done!

How can you change the order of photos in an album? I want to put them so they're in time order.

Seems like those with more too lose have to lose a bit more for the wow factor. The first 4 stone I dont think anyone noticed a thing now every one stone makes a huge difference. Stick in there and all of a sudden it will just swing.
Well done so far :)

i have just hit 5 stone lost today, 6 stone from my heaviest (Lost a stone on WW) and to be honest, i can't see a huge difference. i still feel pretty massive! i am hoping the paper towel effect kicks in after i lose the next 2 stone (when its a full paper towel and you use a few sheets you cant notice a difference, but when the paper towel is nearly finished and you use a few sheets you can really notice it going down!)

the head will catch up soon, don't worry!

She was!! Only 18, very very young!

Seems like those with more too lose have to lose a bit more for the wow factor. The first 4 stone I dont think anyone noticed a thing now every one stone makes a huge difference. Stick in there and all of a sudden it will just swing.
Well done so far :)

I agree with this totaly. It took 36lbs for anyone to see a difference on me. Even now sooo many people dont notice too much of a change in me. You will see the difference after you get below the 200lb zone. Keep going. Your doing great. and YES, I can see a difference.

Thank you guys, I think I'm just looking through... thorn tinted glasses! I find it quite hard to be positive about myself and accept compliments, but I'm getting there... slowly!

Back