I just want to be healthy and fit - will I be successful

I have been MIA for a while now. Not good.

I am kind of tempted to start a new diary but at the same time, don't want to lose track of what I have done already.

While away I did keep to plan most of the time. Got down to 15st 3. However checked the scales today and am back at 15stone 10. Which although not terrible isn't great either.

Let me get my excuses out the way. Have had a cold then got tonsillitis so have kind of been did it to everything. Really want to get back on track as have book our first family holiday in forever and want to be a more normal weight.

Currently on lovely antibiotics but can't be avoided. Plan today is to have a 30 minute walk and try and get 30 mins on bike. Will see what happens.

Hope everyone has been keeping well.

Food diary for 03.11.14

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
Kings mill thins

Lunch
Speedy noodles
Kingsmill thins with tomato and cucumber

Dinner
2 chapatti
Boiled cauliflower
Saag 1 table spoon
Keema 1 table spoon

Also ended up with cheese cake but had a lot of calories
Snacks
Almond milk
Tea with whole milk - no sugar

Also ended up with cheese cake but had a lot of calories left over so hopefully ok

Managed over 20k steps so very happy in that. I'm going to start including my Fitbit screenshot got the day for motivation.

image-3902383944.jpg

Breakfast
Porridge with water

Lunch
Thins with tomato cucumber
Speedy noodle

Dinner - not great
Salad
Spoon of saag, haleem and 2 table spoons of rice
1.5 chapati

Snacks
Three thin crackers with low fat Philadelphia
2 packet wotsits

Exercise wise got over my 10k steps

Did a 2 mile walk and 46 minutes on the exercise bike.

image-552916497.jpg

Still here. Today wasn't brilliant but oh well

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs Kings mill thin
Lunch
Jacket potato and cheese/beans. With salad Dinner
2.5 Chapati
Saag, mince and lamb curry with salad

Snacks
Water biscuits and Philadelphia light.
Boiled egg
2 packets of wotsits
1 small chocolate ball thing.

Not great but exercise wise ok. Managed 20k steps although was feeling really stressed yesterday. Not sure why though. image-2231465935.jpg

Breakfast
Cheese on toast

Lunch
Tinned salmon with salad

Dinner
Kebab roll and fries

Calorie wise wasn't too bad. Also managed 20000 steps as walked to doctors lol

image-2706999556.jpg

I feel such a failure. I've lost my motivation and I don't know why. The exercise itself isn't a problem its the food. I am eating alot of crap and I don't know how to get out of this rut. I've let myself down so badly. I started off so positively and then its just tailed off. I know I can do it, but why is my attitude so crap at the moment. Even though life is a bit up and down at present thats no excuse for me to undo all the good work I have done up to now...

15.12.14 I feel such a failure. I've lost my motivation and I don't know why. The exercise itself isn't a problem its the food. I am eating alot of crap and I don't know how to get out of this rut. I've let myself down so badly. I started off so positively and then its just tailed off. I know I can do it, but why is my attitude so crap at the moment. Even though life is a bit up and down at present thats no excuse for me to undo all the good work I have done up to now...

I could have written this post. It's December were all in same boat :-(

Hi Believer, firstly hope you have had a great Christmas and spent some lovely time with family xx now the festivities are done unless you have parties for New Year take some time out for yourself to evaluate what you have achieved up to now I know you have done great so far, you just need to think about you for a while, have a read through the beginning of your diary, get on Pete's recipes for some inspiration, set some new mini targets to aim for. I'd be happy to buddy up on some goals with you xxx

07/01/15

Happy New Year first of all guys!

I didn't actually expect anyone to be interested so thank you so much for replying.

It doesn't help that I feel really run down. Have had Tonsilitus for at least 6 months, and although not in pain got a itchy throat and nothing the doc gives is helping it clear up :mad:

I have recently been collecting the slimming world booklets from the mirror, and part of me is thinking whether I should rejoin Slimming World group but not sure :S. Especially as have had my eye on the fakeaway recipes for a while.

I will go over my earilier entries and try and get back in the mindset. Just really need some easy to go meals, as still need to cook as normal for the rest of the family (not keen on the taste of some of my SW curries lol).

Thanks Denise, I know I have achieved alot (for me) but just everything seems hard now. I want an easy life and that normally is junk :|

Ok well I went and joined a slimming world group today. Was a member a while back but stopped going. The scales were scary, I have really let myself go. I'm not proud.

I got my fakeaway book. (Yay!) and obviously the new plan. I really want to keep to it this time. Fingers crossed.

Denise I hope you won't mind me bugging you about slimming world as have decided to definitely follow the plan

I have re-adjusted my weight as although it looks bad, the Slimming world scales I think are more correct then my ones :) Although a bit of a shock to the system, if I go by my old scales I am still in the 15stone mark lol. But what that also means is that my start off weight was probably closer to 18 stone (eek!)

Well done on going to class and dealing with it. All downwards from here :)

first day done and dusted. Ended up having dinner really late but hopefully didn't do too much harm

free foods

35g porridge oats made with water
frozen summer fruits
apple
fat free Greek yogurt
orange

Omelette made of
2 eggs
mushrooms
tomatos
quorn chicken fillet

oven baked fish with batter (batter removed)
baked beans
fruit salad of - apple, grapes, orange, mango with chocolate mousse (quark, sweetner and highlights cadburys sachet)

a - Semi skimmed milk (used in cups of tea)

b - 35g porridge oats

syns
cadburys light - 2 syns
quarter panini - 4 syns
cheddar cheese 30g - 5 syns

total = 11 syns

Breakfast

Fried egg (fry light)
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Apple
Mango
Strawberries
Pineapple
Kiwi fruit

Lunch
Mushrooms stuff with quark, tomato and spring onions
Activia vanilla 0%
Pear

Dinner
Over roasted chicken with periperi seasoning
Swede and spring onion mash
Green beans and baby carrots

Healthy a - 250 ml semi skimmed (milky coffee)
Healthy b - Hifi bar

Wotsits - 4.5 syns

Todays food 10.01.15 Breakfast Melon and activia vanilla 0% Lunch Wholemeal 60g roll - healthy b Roast chicken pieces (without skin) Tomato Cucumber Lettuce Dinner Peri Peri skinless chicken leg Swede mash Green beans Carrots Dessert Blueberries Blackberries 0% plain yogurt with sweetner Alphen light bar crumbled Also pear tangerine as snacks 250ml semi skimmed milk - healthy a
Syns
Alphen light x 2 = 6
Wotsits = 4.5

Last edited:
Todays diary

Omelette of 3 eggs
mushrooms
peppers
tomation
10g cheddar cheese

shreeded roast chicken (without skin)
tomato
cucumber
lettuce
60g wholemeal roll

Quorn keema made with lentil, tined tomatos, mushroom with swede and spring onion mash

activia 0% yogurt vanilla
natural yogurt 0%
blackberries and blueberries

snacks - apple, tangerine
Healthy a - 25gm cheddar cheese
healthy b - 60g wholemeal roll

small samosa - 6 syns
small spring roll - 6 syns
small chicken strip - 6 syns
ovedid it on the syns a bit oops, hopefully as I haven't been fully using them will get away with it (famous last words lol)

Food diary

Breakfast
Apple
Pear
Boiled Egg

Lunch
Wholemeal roll with tomato cucumber lettuce and grilled chicken
Actvia 0% vanilla pot

Dinner
Roast kale
Pepper stuff with quorn keema
Apple
Pear
0% greek yogurt plain blue berries blackberries tomato cucumber sweetcorn

Healthy a - 500ml almond milk (unsweetened) plus 3 extra light laughing cow triangles

Healthy b - 60g wholemeal roll

Syns
Wotsits - 4.5
Alphin light - 3

13.01.15 food diary

I was working at my office today so had to take food in to eat. Was a bit harder but as had everything snacks etc, i think I ate too much lol

breakfast
0% plain yogurt with apple and tangerine
2 boiled eggs

lunch
wholemeal roll 60 g - healthy a
tomato
cucumber
lettuce
apple and tangerine

dinner
SW fish (cod with a egg coating?:?)
butternut squash chips
tomato and cucumber

healthy a - 300 ml of sugar free almond milk (should have had something else too but couldn't manage)

Syns
2 alphen light bars - 6 syns
wotsits 4.5 syns

Weigh in tonight, hopefully will have lost some weight (i really hope anyway)

food diary for

fried egg (in my new ceramic pan! so no oil at all)
tangerine x 2
pear
apple

quorn keema
tomato
cucumber
healthy living
onion
chives
cottage cheese
actvia 0% vanilla

chicken
green beans
onion
pasta
quark
banana

healthy extra b - whole wholemeal 400g slices of bread
healthy extra a - 15 gram cheddar

Syns
Alphine Light 3
Chocolate 1.5

Also the big news is at weigh in today I lost a grand total of 5.5 lbs!!!!

Very pleased with my first weeks loss

Back