I just want to be healthy and fit - will I be successful

Aww sorry about the loss of your grandfather, sending hugs and much love. Xx

Thank you guys for the kind thoughts. It scary how suddenly someone can be in front of you and a few days later they are forever gone.

Anyway trying to get back on track. As said yesterday no increase in weight (luckily) this week

However it looks like my chest is pretty messed up. I'm not asthmatic but doc mentioned my chest sounds very tight and has put me on 3 days of steroids plus and inhaler. Just what I need. I didn't actually realise it was that bad.

Food diary 25.06.14

Breakfast
Couscous magic porridge with frozen berries

Lunch
Speedy noodles

Dinner
A small portion of noodles with cheese on toast

Also did 30 minutes on te bike. So not all bad.

Considering the week I have had, I am very relieved that even after checking today I have not gained anything. Still at 15st 13lb. I know official weigh in isnt until wednesday but its positive to see that even though I didn't have brilliant control over choices that it hasn't had a too detrimental affect. This is probably partly due to the fact I have stayed away from processed foods (not really bothered by them anymore) and also i have been trying to get back up to speed with my exercise. Will normally manage a minimum of 30 minutes a day, even if its not in one session.

food diary 26.06.14

breakfast
toast with philadelphia light (about 150 calories)

Lunch
speedy noodles (123 calories)

Dinner
Chicken noodles (300 calories)
Chapati (60)
red pepper curry (150 calories) - very small portion

snacks
had a spoon of pie my SIL made (150 calories maybe)

----
managed 40 minutes on the exercise bike today. Also completed 10000 steps so not too bad a day.

food diary 27.06.14

Breakfast

scrambled egg in fry light

lunch

speedy noodles

dinner
repper pepper and potato curry with chapatia and a small portion of chicken noodles

---

exercise wise managed 37 minutes on the exercise bike

breakfast

two toast with philadelphia light

lunch

shared portion of jerk chicken and rice with partner

dinner

indian buffet with rice, tandoori chicken and saladd

Food diary

From today things get difficult foodwise. Ramadan has started so can only eat during sunset.

Foods eaten today

fruit salad
a small samosa
kebab
1 chapati
some lamb curry
4 potato wedges

I drunk lots of water

----

didn't manage exercise today, should have done but oh well. Food wise was ok, but should have ate more just I was stuffed lol. Will try and increase intake tomorrow with stuff that is healthy rather then unhealthy.

Pretty pleased. As although still ill and fasting. I have managed to do 40 mins on the exercise bike today. This wasn't in one go but still think it will have done some good.

Feeling the fast a bit now. Mainly because a bit thirsty but never mind. Have to start thinking of what yummy stuff I will eat in the evening. Quite fancy the slimming world pakoras.

food diary 30.06.14

Fasting again today so food consisted of a meal at 9pm followed by a fruit salad at 11pm.

Chicken tortilla Wrap - 500 calories?
Slimming world pakoray
a few wedges - 100 calories
kebab - 150 calories
fruit salad - no idea how many calories

also did 40 minutes exercise on the bike. Hope this will start making a difference to my weight loss as it has stagnated a bit recently. But I am not too worried, as I still have the mindset to carry on. I think recent events have been a possible catalyst for me going off the rails. However' as I have managed to get back on track I am hoping I will succeed at losing weight. I feel more determined and also I am not eating junk in the same way as before. I am not bothered about sweets, chocolate, crisps - they can be lying there and the desire to eat them no longer exists. Yay!

i really want to be thin, I want to be able to buy nice clothes, I have never been in that position before as I have always been overweight. But fingers crossed, maybe this will be the time I manage to lose weight.

food diary 30.06.14

Fasting again today so food consisted of a meal at 9pm followed by a fruit salad at 11pm.

Chicken tortilla Wrap - 500 calories?
Slimming world pakoray
a few wedges - 100 calories
kebab - 150 calories
fruit salad - no idea how many calories

also did 40 minutes exercise on the bike. Hope this will start making a difference to my weight loss as it has stagnated a bit recently. But I am not too worried, as I still have the mindset to carry on. I think recent events have been a possible catalyst for me going off the rails. However' as I have managed to get back on track I am hoping I will succeed at losing weight. I feel more determined and also I am not eating junk in the same way as before. I am not bothered about sweets, chocolate, crisps - they can be lying there and the desire to eat them no longer exists. Yay!

i really want to be thin, I want to be able to buy nice clothes, I have never been in that position before as I have always been overweight. But fingers crossed, maybe this will be the time I manage to lose weight.

The bit about the chocolate an sweets resonates with me after 7/8 weeks without the desire has gone completely....never thought that would happen :) in that time I have only had a small amount of crisps that were on a side salad with a sandwich while we were away. I now do believe that we can wean ourselves off naughty foods and start to enjoy good, healthy foods I have now started to naturally go for SW options rather than regular stuff and feel better for it.

keep up the excellent work, it must be so difficult to not eat all day... :D

very true denise, I guess it proves you can wean yourself off sweets, crisps etc. but it is really hard. Getting to the stage where you can turn round and not crave them takes a long time coming lol.

Im glad I am not in the situation where I don't need them anymore. Fingers crossed it will stay like this.

food diary 01.07.14

Feeling exhausted the whole day. Maybe due to the fasting. I decided if I did the exercise bike maybe I would feel better, more alert. Anyway after 40 minutes on the bike, nada, still felt exhausted. lol. Maybe I am just getting into the swing of things and body is adjusting thats what is causing the tiredness. Also had tooth ache today which didn't help things.

I am enjoying the fitbit, its making me alot more aware of how little I used to walk. So it has definately increased my fitness levels as I move more trying to get to 10000 steps a day.

Food diary
-------

shikh kebab
SW pakoray
chapato
lamb curry
fruit salad and a two dessert spoons of pudding.
Salad - tomato and cucumber

I drunk about 4 glasses of water so was feeling rather stuffed.

Will do my weigh in later, as is D day today, hopefully (fingers crossed) I will have had a loss.

Weigh in done. lost 3lb! yahooooo! Now down to 15stone 10lb. And for the first time in forever just below 100kg :D

I am happy, would have liked another lb but thats just me being greedy :D

Weigh in done. lost 3lb! yahooooo! Now down to 15stone 10lb. And for the first time in forever just below 100kg :D

I am happy, would have liked another lb but thats just me being greedy :D

That is fantastic....well done you x

Well done you ;-)

Food diary 02.07.14

As I am fasting food is restricted to one meal a day. Technically I should be eating twice but I have never eating before sunrise and at present the gap between both is only 4 ish hours and I can't eat again that soon.

The one surprising thing I have found so far is the fact I have kept up with my exercise. I do want to change my routine but maybe will wait until after Ramadan. At the moment managing 30 to 40 minutes a day on the exercise bike.

Anyway good diary

Kebab ( just actual kebab nothing else)
Chicken pastry (not good I know) maybe 300 calories
Slimming world chicken curry
Fruit salad
Cucumber and rotating
1 chapati

Drunk tons of water. The only issue I am really suffering from is tiredness. But I am suffering from it badly.

I get really tempted to have something like ice cream in the evening due to the eat. Is there a healthy alternative? Anyone know?

Over and out for now

thoughts

my thought process has always been I will start "dieting" tomorrow or next week. Or otherwise I would be eating healthily then splurge and tell myself its a one off, tomorrow I will get back on track, invariably tomorrow never came. Then a few months down the line I would start telling myself off thinking if I had started eating better I would weigh X amount by now.

I am not sure what is different this time. The last few months have been really really bad. I have gone through crap I didn't think I would ever face. But I haven't gone off the rails. I have maybe taken a meal off (where I haven't been healthy) or a few days (due to circumstances) but I haven't as a result struggled to get back on track. Whether this is due to the face I had changed my way of eating a few weeks before everything happened so was in a more focused mindset I am not sure.

I don't struggle persay now and I like it, I never thought I would be in that situation.

I enjoy the exercise bike, I am forcing myself to do at least 30 minutes a day. Even if that is in 3 sessions due to ramadan. I am also making conscious decisions when I do eat in the evening about what I still need to refrain from. My hubby is probably getting fed up lol. I stay away from sweet things, if I am really tempted I will have one spoon that is it. Fried things I am totally avoiding, although that seems to be a central part of opening your fast.

If someone had told me six months ago, that I would be doing all of the above and losing weight, I would have laughed in their face. I was never going to be the one who could stick to a plan and lose weight successfully. But six months down the line, I am kind of that person, I am losing weight, i am eating healthily and sometimes it feels too good to be true.

In my dreams I was thinking I would like to lose a stone a month, and the reality is, I am not far off. And I am not doing anything extreme.

I want to for the first time ever feel confident, not always feel people are commenting about my weight, I want to feel desirable, I want to feel sexy. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see (almost) and maybe, just maybe I will get there this time. If I do manage, I will be over the moon.

:)

believer - I could have written this post myself! I am starting to truly believe that diets just don't work in the long run. You have to change the way you think about food. If you keep thinking - oh I've eaten something bad, I'll start tomorrow or Monday or next week I don't think you'll ever be successful. If you try and eat healthy most of the time but have a pizza once in a while or a chocolate bar if you really fancy it (and aren't just eating for the sake of it) then I don't think you can go wrong. The only difference is when you get to your goal weight you might be able to squeeze in a few more calories than when you were dieting but they have to be healthy. And I think people forget the lighter you become the less calories you actually need to STS.

Good on you for going on the exercise bike - I never thought I'd enjoy exercise either but I love seeing myself getting fitter and the great thing is it happens quickly (unlike weight loss)!

Very best of luck on your journey - you are doing amazingly well xx

Thanks Blondcat, its weird how it works isn't it. Suddenly everything clicks :)

food diary for 03.07.14

Today i feel stuffed, maybe have eaten too much. Not sure lol

date
rice with chicken (small portion)
samosa
potato wedges
tandoori chicken (half piece)
1/2 glass mango milkshake
fruit salad

Managed 31 (not 30 but 31:p) minutes on the exercise bike and also did 40 active minutes (according to fitbit) Feeling ok. Tiredness is slowly improving. But will see.

aghhhh i already wrote this but must have clicked off without saving!

food diary for 05.07.14

one slice of small cheese and tomato pizza
2 mini samosa (fried :( )
potato wedges 4 - again fried
chapati 1
slimming world chicken curry
4 table spoons of chicken briyani
home made fruit salad

exercise bike for 25 minutes

food diary 06.07.14

date (1)
mini sausage roll - 2
chicken briyani (4 table spoons)
lamb curry (1 spoon)
pakora (2)

no exercise bike today
--------------

i just looked at the scales and I have put on 2lb. Im not too worried but obviously shows although eating less am not eating healthily. Really need to sort it out today and tomorrow. At least try and not put any more weight on. I won't be too hard on myself as it is ramadan so my food is a bit messed up as not eating throughout the day. Is frustrating though.
oh well

Back