I just want to be healthy and fit - will I be successful

Hello,

Ok today was my birthday so having a 4 lb weight loss was a nice present to myself.

Food wise started off well but this evening hasn't been too great.

Breakfast
Couscous magic porridge with frozen berries and 0% yogurt

Lunch
Superfree veg home made soup
Two slices of warburton thins with Philadelphia light and some of the oil free saag

Dinner was a chicken sharwarma and a slice of birthday cake.

So not a brilliant end food wise to the day but still it was my birthday.

However exercise wise hopefully I've cancelled out some of the bad calories lol.

I managed 30 minute session on exercise bike at lunch then after eating badly at dinner decided I needed to do Another 20 mins. So 50 minutes in one day!

In addition had my son'a hospital appointment so walked him there and back. Not far but every step helps :p

So as a result I've hit over 12000 steps today.

I'm hoping I haven't undone all the good work this last week. But mentally I feel very positive - I think the exercise helped cancel out the bad feelings.

Fingers crossed this will be the last birthday I experience being obese. Maybe next year I will be within the normal range.

Signing out for today

Ok today wasn't brilliant but I haven't over eaten.

Breakfast
couscous
fatfree yogurt and berries

lunch
salad
thins with spinach and philidelphia light pepper and spring onion

dinner
small portion of rice , spoonful mince curry and salad

Then it went wrong
had quinoa with a splash of 1 % milk with strawberries
thins with spinach and spoon of mince.

Pack of hoops and crosses

Slightly over my calories

Exercise wise did 40 mins on bike

Slight update to earlier

i managed to get my steps up to 10k was about 1000 down before and also managed another 5 mins on the bike

Thanks femalemuscle:)
How is your plan going? Are you following anything in specific diet wise?
good luck to you too :)

OK this I have no idea where I got it from or whether I noted it down in one of my previous attempts to lose weight. I wanted a list of motivationalreasons to lose weight and I thought this was handy. I want it somewhere easy to get to hence putting it in my diary.

I want to lose weight for the following reasons

Achy joints
Breathlessness
hiding from mirrors
acid heartburn
declining invites as I feel so big and awkward
scared of unfamiliar chairs incase I don't fit or they break
squeezing past shop displays, tables, down the aisle in trains or buses
struggling on hot days
thighs rubbing causing trousers to bobble after one use
never worn boots, i want a pair!
Believing black makes me look slim (they don't really)
Putting off going to the doc's for non weight issues incase I get comments on my weight

Ive just realised I am not eating enough, although I thought I was over eating.
I never realisedthat the net figure in mfp refers to the number of calories overal that you have taken in (minus the exercise) going by that the last few days I have been averaging about 700 or 800 calories :S
I realise that its partly due to exercising but I need to get this as close to 1200 as I can otherwise Im not losing weigh the way I want.
So glad I decided to investigate what the net calories figure is.

Just be careful with MFP estimated calories burnt. It's a very difficult thing to guess unless you use a heart rate monitor, as everyone will be massively different depending on weight, intensity, effort etc. I found MFP was way out when I got my HRM. :)

That's a good point pippa. I am using it with a fitbit one to measure activity. Any idea if that would make the figure more accurate?

I'm pondering a HRM but want to make sure I can keep this going rather then spending money on something I don't use lol

fitbit just tracks activity nothing pulse related.

Im kind of following a mix - i try and eat super free foods more from slimming world but at the same time try and keep calories at 1200. Maybe I need to rethink that lol

Pippa you may be right i think

Im going to give it a few more days doing both then if I am still getting confused will do SW only. I'm hoping if nothing else, by then my portion size control might be a bit more regulated without the need for MFP:)

thanks for the advice!

Back