I just want to be healthy and fit - will I be successful

That's a good point pippa. I am using it with a fitbit one to measure activity. Any idea if that would make the figure more accurate?

I'm pondering a HRM but want to make sure I can keep this going rather then spending money on something I don't use lol

I have a HRM and they are brilliant. If you do get one remember to adjust your weight on the HRM as you lose the pounds. You really seem to be doing very well with the exercise, well done! x

It will have to be a quick entry today I knackered!

Breakfast
Couscous magic porridge with frozen fruit

Lunch
Boiled rice with peas and sweet corn and a small piece of grilled chicken

Dinner
Rice and salad with grilled fish (not as bad as it sounds promise:p)

Managed 30 mins on bike today
Also ran up and down stairs (attempted to) to get a few more flights done on fitbit

Also managed 12000 steps!

Reason for this was after dinner we all went for a long walk - about a mile and a half. Not very relaxing as had little ones with us who talk non stop and had to go a bit slowly but it's still exercise

My best achievement today was my partner got the kids ice Lollys - magnum type. My younger boy didn't like the chocolate. As I stupidly didn't take tissues with me or a bag I had to eat a bit of the chocolate coating to get to the ice cream. Not ideal. But he then decided he didn't want it. So I walked back with cramp in my hand trying to push the pushchair and hold a lolly at the same time. Until I persuaded my hubby to eat it.

I wasn't tempted at all! That's progress. As before I would have said sod it and ate it lol

Bexi100 what HRM have you got out of interest ?

That's it for today

Just a quick note on an observation I made today.

Before if I went on a walk, if I walked fast (ish) the back of my shins would start aching. Today I went for a walk and tried walking fast and no pain! Could the exercise bike have made a different already? Was nice to feel not in pain.

Will update ate food diary later on :)

I love this thread, so great to hear other real people on a diet journey :)

Keep up the good work

I'm glad to see I'm not boring everyone with my ramblings:)

I guess polar hrm it will have to be! If I keep at this still by July I will treat myself to one.

back to today

breakfast

couscous porridge

lunch

a small but fried chicken without the skin(the best bit:() and 4 fries
a speedy noodle
salad

had a snack later of Philadelphia on a warburton thin

dinner - here I failed
indian resturanr

aloo tikki
seekh kebab tandoori wings
karahi gosht
Bombay aloo
rice and nan
i didn't eat it all myself:p and we had to take some as was leftover

probably did kill it a bit but ...
i did 40 mins on bike today and walked 18000 steps. So hoping that will cancel some out

off to legoland tomorrow so hopefully will be doing a lot of walking

thats all for now

Just downloaded the minimins app. Looks good so far.

Ignore the nonsense formatting in the last post. Trying to update a diary and get a 22 month old to sleep doesn't really work well :/

She's asleep now though. Yay!

For tomorrow my hubby wanted aloo Parathay. One of the most fattening things on earth. I made some for him and the kids. For myself I made little patties of the same. But I coated them in egg and browned using fry light. And made a salad. I would never have bothered going to all that hassle before.

Tomorrow will be fun, but I won't go on any rides. Too terrified of being told I'm too fat and need to get off.

Off to bed. Night all

I really enjoyed reading ur diary so far. Good on you on your exercise its nice to see how far you've come. Good luck in achieving your goals...I will continue to read with interest x

Hello diary,

Today I am knackered. First lets get the food part out of the way.

Breakfast
Couscous
Fat free yogurt
Summer berries - frozen

Lunch

Large salad with egg (made with fry light) and a spiced potato patty browned in a pan again with fry light
Warburton thins with Philadelphia and salad

Snacks
Walkers stars (I think) a pack and a bit in total

Dinner
Grilled chicken burger 5 fries
Small slice of carrot cake

- not too bad

Been up since 6:30 I'm sooo tired. Had to make sandwiches and get everything together for the trip to legoland.

Trip itself was good but it's the first time I've ever been! I've seen the old Windsor safari park many years ago but never legoland. I never realised it would be so hilly! Which with a pushchair is harder. We were there from 10:30 to 6 so my feet are still throbbing.

The amazing thing about today was I was tempted to get something to eat from there but I didn't. I got the kids some fries but had about 6 of them (which shows a lot of constraint for me)
We didn't get to go everywhere we wanted but was still a fun trip. The kids enjoyed although it was a bit too hot.

Got home unpacked the car. And once the kids were in bed Managed to do my 30 mins on the bike. Really wasn't in the mood but at the same time wanted to do it. So very pleased with the fact I got my exercise in too!

Tired now so I'm off to bed.

tangerine12 thanks for the interest :)

I did something silly today and checked my weight. I haven't lost anything, ok my official weigh in is Wednesday but unlikely I will lost much by then now.

Im not too disheartened though as I feel better and I am seeing the results as my level of fitness is increasing, but a weight loss would have been good. Also coming up to TOTM which makes me feel bloated.

However, despite all the above I won't go off track, i know I can do this. I know I am doing most of the right things, so sooner or later there will be results.

all for now

I know you are right Pippa. I will keep at it. Just would have been lovely to see some kind of loss already lol

Oh well here's to a good Monday!

Why am I so hungry today? I had the same breakfast I always have. Nothing less. V. Weird

I don't want to have lunch yet as have to do 30 mins on the bike. Will eat after. But if I haven't mentioned it already I'm starving lol

Hello diary,

At lunch today I managed to do 30 minutes on the bike. I really wasn't in the mood and kept looking at the time very 5 minutes.

Can't remember if I wrote about breakfast
It was good old couscous porridge

Lunch
spinach omlette with red peppers
warburton thin with Philadelphia spread
Datone 0% yogurt

Dinner
Large salad with chickpeas and a small portion of rice

I might have a cadburys egg and spoon but not sure yet lol

Also managed to do another 10 on the bike in the evening.

Feel a bit drained today not sure why. Tomorrow will be a big test as am definately going to the office.
Done my 10k steps though which is good.

Breakfast will be the same.

Lunch speedy noodle and salad. Rest I still haven't figured out yet.

Wish me luck!

Your doing really well believer, stick with it, eat more free foods to fill you up so your not hungry your probably hungry cos your doing loads of exercise as well.

Ok I did have the cadburys egg n spoon but only had half. Just wanted to try it. I threw the rest away. Me throw away chocolate?! That's a new thing for me

Ia pretty sure you will have lost something come tomorrow. Its great to hear though that a wee bit of disappointment has not made u give up. Stick with it. Infact I was thinking there will I..wont I go for a run but reading how you've done so well factoring exercise into your routine has def made me decide I am going for a run. Its only half an hour after all...and if I take my tablet I can watch an episode of breaking bad while I run ?

Thanks tangerine I'm glad to see my exercise routine is motivating you. I'm watching dexter at the moment on last series though, not sure what I will watch after any suggestions?:)

Today has been ok. Walked 13000 steps as went to work lol. Also managed 30 minutes on bike.

Breakfast
Couscous, yogurt and frozen fruit
Skinny latte from Starbucks

Lunch
Speedy noodles
Salad
Datone 0% yogurt

Dinner
Rice small portion
Salad
A spoon of mince
A spoon of spinach curry