I keep trying to lose weight...but it keeps finding me! :)

AmyAlice

Hello Hello! :D
I'm Amy and a newbie to this site...despite been mooching around it for months. I'm doing the Slimming World diet again after losing a stone on it before
:bliss:

Now I'm eager to lose more until I have a body I am happy with. I've never been 'thin', but have piled on the weight since my last year at school...no reasons, no excuses. I just ate the wrong things and didn't exercise. But now that it going to change.

I figured I'd start this thread for me to post my food diary on each day to keep me motivated and to keep a track of what I've been having. Plus, having you all know what I've been eating will be an extra motivator!!

This site has proved to be such an inspiration already...I've been having a peek at some of the before/after photos and it is amazing what people have achieved. One day I will join them in their success...I'm going to make sure of it! :p

Not sure if anyone will read this, but either way HELLO and I'm grateful for any kicks up the bum you give me!

Amy :D

So this is day...*thinks*...4 and this is what I've had so far today...

------------------

Breakfast
Oops!! too busy sleeping today!

Snack: Some cous cous cake

Lunch
Bachelor's Chicken Savoury Rice with 3 laughing cow light triangles mixed in (hexa)

Snack: 2 little oranges, cous cous cake

Dinner
Tagiatelle with bacon (hexb) and laughing cow sauce (hexa)

-------------------------------
Not had many veggies today - need to go shopping!
Syns 0 - got them rolling over from 2 days :)

Had some chocolate... Dairy Milk 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Hi hun... thought i'd come take a nose :) Welcome to Minimins and good luck on your journey... will keep coming back and see how you get on xxx

Sweetcorn pasta bake

Here's the recipe you asked for hun... you could add Tuna too if you wishd, it works out as 3 syns per serving on EE and the recipe serves four, although could easily adapt it to be syn free i should imagine & do a quicker alternative... all trial and error i guess :D xxx

you will need...

227g/8oz of pasta shapes
1 bunch of spring onions
1 small red pepper
227g/8oz of sweetcorn, drained
200g/7oz of low fat soft cheess
397g/14oz of very low fat fromage frais
2 large eggs, beaten
salt and ground black pepper
fresh chives to garnish?

To make:

• preheat oven to 200 or gas 6. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well
  • meanwhile trim and chop spring onions and halve, de-seed and chop pepper. pleace in heatproof mixing bowl and stir in the sweetcorn, soft cheese, fromage frais and eggs. Bea until well blended.
  • Mix in drained pasta, add plenty of seasoning of own choice, pile into oven proof dish and level off the surface, stand the dish in a roasting tin and pour in sufficient boiling water to come up to half way up sid of dish. Bake in oven for 30-35 mins until firm and golden.

Hi Amy - firstly good luck with your weightloss plan! :D
Can I just say a couple of things about your menu (if you don't mind! :p)
Are you doing EE? If you are you need to ensure there's one third superfree food in each of your meals - that's fruit and non starchy veggies. Slimming world also say that if you use couscous as a flour substitute (like in making cakes) then you should be synning it @ 5 syns for 28g! :eek: Sorry but thought you'd like to know!

Here's the recipe you asked for hun... you could add Tuna too if you wishd, it works out as 3 syns per serving on EE and the recipe serves four, although could easily adapt it to be syn free i should imagine & do a quicker alternative... all trial and error i guess :D xxx

you will need...

227g/8oz of pasta shapes
1 bunch of spring onions
1 small red pepper
227g/8oz of sweetcorn, drained
200g/7oz of low fat soft cheess
397g/14oz of very low fat fromage frais
2 large eggs, beaten
salt and ground black pepper
fresh chives to garnish?

To make:

• preheat oven to 200 or gas 6. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well
  • meanwhile trim and chop spring onions and halve, de-seed and chop pepper. pleace in heatproof mixing bowl and stir in the sweetcorn, soft cheese, fromage frais and eggs. Bea until well blended.
  • Mix in drained pasta, add plenty of seasoning of own choice, pile into oven proof dish and level off the surface, stand the dish in a roasting tin and pour in sufficient boiling water to come up to half way up sid of dish. Bake in oven for 30-35 mins until firm and golden.

Sounds lovely and easily adaptable! Thanks very much :D <3

Hi Amy - firstly good luck with your weightloss plan! :D
Can I just say a couple of things about your menu (if you don't mind! :p)
Are you doing EE? If you are you need to ensure there's one third superfree food in each of your meals - that's fruit and non starchy veggies. Slimming world also say that if you use couscous as a flour substitute (like in making cakes) then you should be synning it @ 5 syns for 28g! :eek: Sorry but thought you'd like to know!

Hi Lesley - thank you :) And of course you can - the more feedback the better in my book!
Yesterday I was doing a green day with what I had in the cupboards...shopping day is today so can get fresh veg etc in. I was using the bacon as my hexb...does it matter that i didn't have any superfree on a green day?

I'm so confused about this cous cous cake...a SW leader I know says that because you aren't changing the way you cook the cous cous then it's fine...so long as you don't over indulge in it (then becomes problematic). But...a lot of other leaders say what you say. Is the best thing just to syn it or avoid it then?

Thanks for your help :D

Oh right - I don't do red and green and don't really understand them but I thought you'd only had 1HEA & 1HEB so assumed it was EE! I suppose the one third superfree is always a good idea because it cuts down your portion size and ensures healthy eating but -no - it's only 'compulsary' on EE afaik.
The couscous issue is a bit iffy but i suppose it's a case of quantities as much as anything and tweaking the plan (read cheating ;)) to get what you can from it! Would you ever have eaten a cake made with couscous pre diet? Would you ever eat that amount of couscous in one go if it wasn't in the diet? Only you can make the decision whether to have it or not but i wouldn't! I am only fairly new though and I've never done SW before so I'm sticking to the rules :D

Oh right - I don't do red and green and don't really understand them but I thought you'd only had 1HEA & 1HEB so assumed it was EE! I suppose the one third superfree is always a good idea because it cuts down your portion size and ensures healthy eating but -no - it's only 'compulsary' on EE afaik.
The couscous issue is a bit iffy but i suppose it's a case of quantities as much as anything and tweaking the plan (read cheating ;)) to get what you can from it! Would you ever have eaten a cake made with couscous pre diet? Would you ever eat that amount of couscous in one go if it wasn't in the diet? Only you can make the decision whether to have it or not but i wouldn't! I am only fairly new though and I've never done SW before so I'm sticking to the rules :D

I mainly do green days because I'm not a huge fan of meat - but you're right...having as many superfree foods as possible is always good :) Sometimes i forget to have my hex's :p but luckily i've still lost a stone. I'm definately going to go and have a look at that cheating page. Haha! Only tried the cous cous cake yesterday though so will have to see what happens at weigh in. If I gain/maintain I might need to have a rethink. May just have it as a treat every once in a while :)

Looks like you're doing really well :D how are you finding it?

:D

I hope you haven't been searching for a thread called cheating! I meant when I write 'tweaking' you should read it as 'cheating' - that's what the more established people here seem to call it anyway! lol
I've been on here since mid Nov and I'm really enjoying it! I found it difficult over Xmas but that's cos OH and I were both at home and he wanted to be out and about having meals and going to the pub all the time. I just gave in for a quiet life and put 6.5lbs on :cry: Lost 6lb of it last week though so we'll see what this coming Monday brings. I'm amazed that even with that blip I'm nudging 1.5 stones already! :D

Back