I know im jumping the gun abit

Andyspurs

Montyspurs
But does anyone know the operation that I would need when I loose all my weight iv 5.5st off so only 9.5 to go so I'm hoping to get that off in next 6 months so I would need start saving as I'm sure il need to get excess skin removed. Just looking to know if anyone has had it done n was it painful and the costs

i would like to know this myself..... i would never be able to afford it tho :(

My friends mum has been on the nhs waiting list for over 3 years! So if you really want it done I'd start saving - well done on the loss btw z

I'm sure with the weight u've lost so far and the rest u should be able to get the surgery on the NHS. By the way, well done on your journey so far. U've done amazing. Xxx

The NHS could be the way to go... But it depends on where you live, as different PCT's (Primary Care Trusts) have different rules are guidelines...

One stipulation can be that you have maintained your weight loss for 2 years... another can be that you need to get under a certain BMI...

I would suggest looking at the Plastic Surgery Forum I posted links to above anyway... all the info you need is on there, and what you can't find, someone will know for sure, if you start a thread... :)

xx

@ pinkie.
Have u got to post so many times to start a thread.?x

@ pinkie.
Have u got to post so many times to start a thread.?x
Hmm... Nope, I shouldn't think so... If it's the same as on here, I'd imagine you can just join up, and fire away... :)

I'm just a lurker on there I'm afraid, and haven't joined up yet, so not absolutely sure... sorry can't be more help...

xx

there's no reason you would NEED the surgery. I have got very little saggy skin after losing 12 stone but I have maintained for 2 years now and do plenty of exercise. My skin isn't exactly perfect but I can happily wear a bikini on holiday without people staring at me.It's no worse than anyone who has had a baby. It all depends on how old you are, how long you've been overweight and your lifestyle (smoking/exercise etc) and genetics has something to do with it too. It's pretty major surgery and I'm not saying don't consider it but sometimes it's just not worth it. I love the body I now live in and the imperfections remind me of how far I've come

I'm with Rachel on this. Wait and see if you can. You may find you don't need the surgery. You'll need to lose your weight and then maintain.
I'm not good like Rachel, I don't exercise or use any special creams etc. I still drink lots of water - that helps with the skin's elasticity I think.
So far I haven't scared any babies or small children - but probably did when I was at my heaviest !!
Good luck. :)

I'm not good ALL the time SB! Water definitely makes a difference and I know there are tonnes of lotions and potions that will help but I can never be faffed with them. Just wait till you get to your goal weight and give it 18 months/2 years to see how your body settles and you may find nothing needs to be done. I know it seems a long way off but there are no instant fixes and even a ful body lift leaves you with scarring. Just focus on what you're doing now and focus on keeping your weight off and keeping well and then re-assess the situation. You're doing great with your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work!

Back