I know it comes up over and over...

lexie rofl! So what IS malic acid? Is it not as bad as citric acid? And are we allowed it then? xx

just to add my little opinion.... coke zero tastes yuck!!!!! and dr pepper zero even worse!!!!!!!!!

so I have no trouble staying clear and sipping on my sparkling water ;)

I have 2 coke zero a day too! hey, if it stops me eating! and is a little treat, then its worth the risk! i lost 13 lb in my first wk,last time i did it, and i had 14 cans coke!
FYI TESCO diet coke, also has no citric acid!! and its cheaper than coke zero

The official line is we're not to have anything but water or water with CD flavourings.
But for me having a Coke Zero would be something to look forward to..but I don't want to compromise my weight loss.
Was just curious if anyone had any adverse effects.

I'm a newbie and only at end of Day 1 :) But personally I wouldn't be able to trust myself with just coke zero. But, might have different opinion a few weeks in :D

I have 2 coke zero a day too! hey, if it stops me eating! and is a little treat, then its worth the risk! i lost 13 lb in my first wk,last time i did it, and i had 14 cans coke!
FYI TESCO diet coke, also has no citric acid!! and its cheaper than coke zero
Asda diet cola is also citric acid free, as is perfectly clear strawberry & kiwi sparkling water, perfectly clear still apple water ( I think) and Asda no added sugar cream soda. Not that I've spent hours reading labels in the supermarket or anything, honest guv. :eek:

I drink Pepsi Max and can safely say I have never been kciked out of Ketosis.....and I like it. Bonus! z

I think malic acid is whats in the CD water flavourings. I could be wrong again though.

I still have a banging sore head so talking absolute mince today.

Aww Lexie, get better soon xx

OK so can anyone explain the difference between "Diet Coke" and "Coke Zero" and is one better than the other??

I have had a few diet cokes when out and about and wanted to alternate my pints of water in the pub!! Have got Coke Zero in the fridge - but actually usually just drink water at home - but never seen it on sale in pubs etc.

thanks
pamela

Diet coke contains citric acid which *can* affect ketosis, whereas coke zero doesn't & tastes slightly different to diet coke

Thanks Lilac - I've wondered that for ages!
Pamela

i had coke zero today for the first time and it has given me severe wind!!! and it hurt my stomach when i drank it....not sure i will bother with it again!!!

Fanta zero NO!!!!!!!!!!! Check the labels hun, some contain citric acid (particularly the citric fruit ones). For example, Dr Pepper is ok, but Sprite zero isn't. xx

I drink Coke Zero all the time, it doesn't seem to affect my loses, BUT, I find that I'm going for the Coke Zero all of the time lately instead of the water so I think I'm gonna have to knock it on the head

Back