I lost some weight!!!

I've had no internet since Friday and have sorely missed it! Is really good to be able to come back and read here too :)

I've still been sticking to my diet and have had a fairly good few days, I lost 2 lbs this morning making my total weight loss a stone now, really pleased about that :) I can feel the difference around my waist, there are two small hollows developing in my face and I have definately lost some back fat - which does feel good :)

Over the weekend i went out and danced for 4 hours which is obviously fantastic for weight loss - but I couldn't even walk yesterday and felt bad that I hadn't excercised, actually got a bit low about that, and I still haven't excercised today either - I don't want to let myself give myself excuses too often and let these new habits slip (though obviously not being able to walk is fair enough)

So... I guess I should just bite the bullet again and do something this evening - maybe a walk would be good - gentle enough not to seem daunting and it might help stretch out some of the aches and pains

Or maybe I need to remind myself why it is worth it to do this..

Had a wonder around the shops the other day, sort of half thinking to try on some clothes etc, but think I did this too soon as i actually left feeling a little deflated that losing the weight I have lost doesn't yet make much difference to my clothes options in the shops hmm

Thanks all

Hope you all have a good week
All the best
x

I managed to make myself do 10 minutes on the rowing machine

But I am having such a difficult time, I just keep thinking about all these different foods I would like to eat!

I so hope I can go back to feeling good about this diet or else figure out my way through this particular problem!

Am not sure whether to allow myself to have some of these foods / have a day off / just try and plough through and hope I get over thinking about this type of food or what

Just now I keep thinking of cooking some fish in batter - and it is midnight!!!

Stay strong Blossum - we all have times when we're down in the dumps on a diet, you've done so well.

I don't know if you're like me but it sounds like you are used to rewarding yourself with food (as I am), but we need to think of some new ways of spoiling ourselves that doesn't undo the great work we've started on our weight-loss journeys.

Treat yourself to something that's not food or diet-related like a pampering session, or go out and buy some new perfume or a scented candle or some luxury bubbles for the bath, or a bunch of flowers or a trip to the cinema or a new plant for the garden. Something that makes you happy.

Good luck xx

Thanks Smills :)

I am used to rewarding myself with food yes, That is a huge thing for me and I had decided to reward myself for getting to the 1 stone mark by buying some silver hoop earrings :)

I'm also someoine who sabotages any kind of success with diet or excercise - which is probably why I never got below 17st 8 for the past few years - It would be great for me to figure out what that is about / find a new way through that :)

I managed not to eat battered fish at midnight yesterday, I had 2 slices ham and 2 petit filous instead, which is not as bad as it could have been and I felt a bit more motivated again today which is a relief

Thanks luv, it's great to have people understand all of this
x

Well done on losing a whole stone :)..and not giving in to the fish temptation, fantastic idea to treat yourself with a non food item...you are doing well hun..and we all do truly understand good day and not so good days, hope today is very successful for you :)

Thanks Rose :) I really did struggle for a couple of says there, it was really doing my head in how I seemed to spend every spare minute dreaming of cake and white bread and all the kinds of things I rarely eat anyway

Think I've got a few things to learn about how to deal with times like that

All the best
x

you are doing well - struggling to change habits is very normal, but continuing to try is the key! It gets easier, gradually the new habits become normal - choosing ham and petit filous was a victory in itself!

One thing I have found helps is having some snacky bits in that arent bad - ryvitas and cottage cheese, ham, gherkins, pickled onions, babybel light, nice tomatoes etc.. all tasty and savoury, but not bad calorie wise!

(I suffer from the late night snacking problem quite often!)

One whole stone gone... that's great, clothes shopping will soon become a necessity :) (being able to walk into a shop and pick up size 18's made me feel really happy, I was back in the land of 'normal' clothes shops and choice!) x

Thanks ladies :) That is a good idea to make sure I have good snacks around, good flavours too, things that are really enjoyable to eat without being high fat / sugar. I think the first couple weeks I was snacking on mango, strawberries, cherries, pickled cucumber and ham but I haven't bothered to get nice things like that this last week

I think I have been getting things wrong by eating the same things most of the time and obviously that becomes really boring really quickly!

Also think I've gone wrong by having a few too many petit filous or mini milk ice lollies - they may be low calorie but I think the sugar starts off cravings, which I should probably be a bit more careful with

I'm going to go round the shops in a bit, get some more ham and fruit and see if I can find anything else to vary the diet a bit

Thanks ever so :) It is such a help being able to chat about all of this here :)

All the best
x

Enjoy your food shopping hun and have a great weekend :)

Fruit, raisins, oatcakes, laughing cow light triangles, ryvitas, beetroot, slices, cucumber, sugar free jelly, cream crackers, sugar free jam, boiled egg, crackerbread etc etc :)

Thanks Rose :)

Am much happier again the last couple days which feels ever so good as I really don't want to stop losing weight, feels so positive to be actually doing this now

After my last post I went to the local shops and got some lovely ripe strawberries, cherries, plums and some more ham, also found babybel mini cheeses in a light variety - I really likem too :)

Did the main weekly shop yesterday too, and visited marks n sparks to see if they had any interesting ready meals - wasn't too much variety in our small branch but got a nice looking chilli and some lightly seasoned haddock goujons. From morrisons got some fish cakes by the saucy fish company, with cheddar inside, 250 cals each, had one today with rocket, red onion and thinly sliced cucumber with a mound of multi coloured cherry toms - really scrumptious :)

Seems like having delicious things helps prevent cravings, as does being more careful with sugar

Have spent a little bit of time thinking about things that I would like to have a go at when am slim / fit enough - some are long term goals, some I might be able to have a go at a bit sooner

Ideas so far

Complete the Go Ape "assault" course
Ride a horse
Climbing at an indoor climbing centre
Some kind of Martial arts
Cycle to another town (scary!)
buy great clothes and look good in em
attempt the couch to 5k course (also a bit scary!)

Think I shall add to this list as and when I think of things

Cheers all
x

You are right Blossums, the more sugar I have the more I want, stay off it and it does get easier. Having really nice meals planned is vital too, we all need something yummy to look forward to, it just needs to be good and healthy!

blossums said:
Ideas so far

Complete the Go Ape "assault" course
Ride a horse
Climbing at an indoor climbing centre
Some kind of Martial arts
Cycle to another town (scary!)
buy great clothes and look good in em
attempt the couch to 5k course (also a bit scary!)

Great list blossums, some really good stuff to aim for what a good idea.

food shopping list sounds so yummy Blossums :)

Great incentive to aim for everything on your list...believe in yourself and everything on that list will become a reality!!! :)

tasty food is a must I think... it's easy to feel deprived if you don't make your healthy food tasty!

I've started buying myself a few ready meals, as realistically, I do not always cook well for myself - I like cooking for others, but struggle to find the motivation to make a decent balanced meal for myself. I like things like fish pie, so I buy a few bits like that - either with salad, or some nice veg it makes a quick and satisfying tea.

The other day I bought myself a big piece of salmon and a head of broccoli and had that for tea (I brush the salmon in a mix of honey and soy sauce, wrap it in foil and bake it in the oven, tastes good and doesnt make the house smell fishy either!)

I like the babybell light - another handy snack standby is prawns, or crab sticks... low cal and tasty!

Thanks all :)

I'm really enjoying makiing more effort to have tasty things to eat! though it feels like my weight loss has slowed down - maybe that's normal as you can't expect to lose lots of weight after the beginning?

Sonya I'm really enjoying eating more fish too :) Morrisons has something called a hot smoked selection, half the pack is 250 cals and so tasty! Am also having a ready meal fairly often - avoiding the italian ones as they are so high in cals but I like sainsburies shepherds pie with peas ever such a lot :)

I lost 1 more lb, so need to lose another 3 to be 16 something

Think I might need to up the exercise a bit more, though can't overdo it too much either, when I go walking or dancing for hours my left ankle stiffens up so much I can hardly walk the next day - am thinking maybe a support bandage might help hmm..

Have started looking in shops more closely at the clothes on offer, kind of to get an idea of the kinds of things I might be able to wear somewhere down the line

I even popped my head into topshop - I was going to ask someone what size they go up to, but didn't have the nerve!

Am meeting my Dad for lunch again today, I have saved 1000 cals over the last few days

does anyone else save calories for a special occasion?

All the best everyone :)

Blossums I do consciously eat less if I know a treat/outing coming up. So during the day, if we are going out for dinner, I will stick with loads of salad and very little else. It's damage limitation really, because I want to have the treat but I don;t want to impact on my weight loss too much.

You are doing great, it's bound to slow down a bit but I do think if it comes off slowly it maybe stays off. That's my theory anyway!

Hey lovely!

You are doing so well... i think weight loss does slow down after a little while whilst your body catches up (for me its stopped because im a fat muncher!! lol)

I think that Topshop go up to a size 16.. but they are quite small sizes, when i was a 14 everywhere else i was still a 16 in there!! bas**rds! :D

I have a fish allergy so i have to be very careful with fish... which is a shame - i am a fan of fish!

Keep up the good work! x

Back