I love abstaining from food! Am i weird?

Karen1972

Gold Member
I got to my target weight on 1 May this year, managed quite well for the first two months then my binge monster emerged!! For the last few months i have been gaining and losing the same weight and it's very frustrating!!

I tried 3 x LL packs with a healthy meal at night for a while but still the yo yo'ing continued.

So yesterday (after putting on 9lbs in just over a week :eek: ) I decided enough was enough and went back on 4 x LL packs a day.

I lost five pounds in one day (glycogen stores i know), but i'm on day two now and i feel tremendous - totally in control. The feeling i had going to bed last night and waking up this morning knowing i'd been 100% perfect for the day was the best feeling ever!!!

Food is my enemy, i hate what it does to me, i'm a food addict and my portion control is scary!

I'm very happy now that i don't have to eat anymore and truly feel like an alchoholic on the wagon!!

I wish i could avoid food forever!! Does anyone else feel like this :confused:

Hi Karen,

I've just started LL again - today. I feel exactly the same. I love that aspect of just 'doing the packs'.

Pressure is off, I don't ever eat anything, let alone binge, don't have to worry about it. It's really cool, and I feel a big sense of relief when I'm doing it. Like someone has come and sorted the problem for me. Make any sense???

I've just found this forum, remember you from the 'other side'. I think you are doing really well.

Steph x

i'm exactly the same as you, all or nothing. I had to stop ss and the weight has been creeping up slowly, i was going to try a low GI diet but the freedom seemed to be too much, i know it fills you up but i don't eat because i'm hungry:eek:

I am going to do WW or SW but am undecided which, it has taken me 2 weeks to decide, in those 2 weeks i have not been very good.

Good luck with your diet

Hi Steph

Yeah that makes total sense!! It really is like someone has taken the problem away and you just have to sit back and let the weight just drop off!!

Good luck with your re-start today, i'm feeling good on day 2, hope we both have an easy transition into ketosis!!

9 stone something here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much do u wanna lose?

Luv,

Hi Dawn

Yep defo an all or nothing girl too!!!!!

Good luck with ww or sw, personally i prefer sw and i'll be interested to know if you can lose weight after doing a vlcd on this diet - i'm apprehensive to say the least!

My next few months will be tied up with abstinence then the full LL management program for 12 weeks - which'll take me way past christmas - that sounds scary!!

Keep us updated!!!!!

I was 9 stone 7lb:
Am now 12 stone 7lb! :eek:

Having trouble working out my ticker :rolleyes:

Think my target is going to be a more realistic 10 stone. I lost my boobs when I went under 10 stone, didn't like that, or being boney - weird feeling that was too!!

Yep looking forward to Thursday - ketosis heaven, it'll be fun to see how we get on. Always liked reading your posts!!

My binge eating monster needs to be quoshed! He's been around far too long and keeps spoiling my fun!!

Steph x

Hi Karen

I do feel a bit like that. When I see others longing for pizza I think 'How can they, the thought of eating pizza and having that heavy full feeling fills me with dread'.

I also hate the term comfort eating as my overeating during stress never brought me any comfort. It was very compulsive and out of control. I see it as a form of self harming more than comforting.

Feeling like this does scare me a bit but it is not all foods that I am scared of I actually love very healthy foods and feel that I will probably need to learn to be really organised with meal planning and shopping to keep me on the straight and narrow and have to find iron will to restrict myself when having the occasional unhealthy treat.

I totally understand how you are feeling and hope we can both eventually learn to use this willpower to stay in control of our food choices and portion control as the alternative of yoyoing scares me to death.

Hi Dizzy,

Yep, I agree with everything you said.

Planning and getting organised are one of my biggest downfalls. It's normally cos I can't be bothered, and then it all goes wrong. :(

Steph x

Hopefully my ticker is on now :)

Hi Dawn

Yep defo an all or nothing girl too!!!!!

Good luck with ww or sw, personally i prefer sw and i'll be interested to know if you can lose weight after doing a vlcd on this diet - i'm apprehensive to say the least!

My next few months will be tied up with abstinence then the full LL management program for 12 weeks - which'll take me way past christmas - that sounds scary!!

Keep us updated!!!!!

i prefer sw as well but having done it before think i might cheat a bit, ww will be new and i will have to look foods up if it makes sense.

i had to stop ss because of illness but would love to do it again, hope it works for you and 2007 will be your year

Hi Dizzy and Steph

Yep Dizzy you talk sense girl!!!! However, it's far more difficult in reality - i was on about 1000 cals before i started to SS again and one day i ate 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of pork (over my intended intake) and i put on a pound - that made me furious!!!!!!

It's like walking a tightrope trying to maintain weight, and it's something we are going to have to master for the rest of our lives!!

I agree planning, organising and constant re-evaluation is the key to success.... along with accepting we are human and will have the odd blip here and there (i struggle with the last bit and am very hard on myself even if i have one grape too many!).

What a huge learning curve we're on!

Yes Lumpy

I would love to be naturally organised but I am Dizzy by name and nature and have to try really hard to be organised with anything.

As this year I will not have to use my new years resolution to be normal weight I think I'll try for get organised!

i prefer sw as well but having done it before think i might cheat a bit, ww will be new and i will have to look foods up if it makes sense.

i had to stop ss because of illness but would love to do it again, hope it works for you and 2007 will be your year

Yeah i know what you mean, although the thought of a sw diet with all that free food sounds too good to be true now haha!

My weight loss was VERY SLOOOOOW on WW and i got v impatient with only losing half a pound a week!

Sorry you had to stop SS but hey you only have a stone left to lose so you'll be at target in no time whatever diet you do....

HI kAREN HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE IN YOUR 1ST 4 WEEKS ON LL?
XXC

About 17lbs i think??? I've lost my passport but i think it was around this much....

10lbs
2lbs
3lbs
2lbs

Something like that.... I was the slowest loser in my group, after first week i was lucky to lose three pounds a week and often it was only 2lbs...

It's not a race though, and it's important to remember that...

Hi Karen,

I felt so relieved when I first started the diet that food was taken out of the equation for me...

I do also like the feeling I have in ketosis.

My first four weeks went
10lbs.-
5lbs.-
3lbs.-
3lbs.-

Hi Mini

That's a great 4 weeks loss!! I'm hoping to lose this last bit quickly, i'm fed up of being 10stone something and am desperate to get back to target - i felt so wonderful then!! Feels a million miles away but i know it's only a few weeks away if i can keep the focus!

I love the mornings on this diet, i feel fantastic but as the day goes on the hunger and emotional hunger start to kick in... BUT not enough for me to give in to nasty old food!!

I can see why you like ssing. It is easier to abstain than to show moderation and judgement :(

Plus you get the satifaction of the scales showing a loss rather the scales showing a hold which although nice just doesn't have the same ring to it a a nice juicey loss does it!

just wanted to say to those considering WW
youhave tobe able tomake the right choice for yourself on ww
i didit recently and was allowed 20 points a day
i would have a no point salad for lunch and another for dinner then make up my 20 points with ww brand cakes,crisps,biscuits etc

and i wondered why i broke out in spots!

i am an all or nothing girl too and found the freeedom to decide for myself what i used my points for was just too much - something much more rigid would suit me.

I found there was so much free food on WW that it was hard to get portion control.

I did the No count and you get free carbs and protein together in each meal.

Like SW though, you have to stop when you're comfortably full. That was always my downfall.:eek:

I found there was so much free food on WW that it was hard to get portion control.

I did the No count and you get free carbs and protein together in each meal.

Like SW though, you have to stop when you're comfortably full. That was always my downfall.:eek:

Hi Karion

I struggled with SW portions too, i lost between 1-2 pounds a week when i did it though! Would love to go back on that eventually but just can't see it happening after a vlcd. Any idea how much weight people put on in their first few weeks?? and does it stabilise after a while and then allow you to lose??

Back