• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I luuuuurve Ketosis!!

Alyssa

S: 27st0lb
Good Morning All!

I have been lurking for a while and thought it was about time that I introduced myself!!

I started Atkins on Monday having followed a VLCD and WW's over the past 18 months, during that time I have lost 6 stone.

I have gone from being a complete lazy cow that does nothing but sit on her bum at a desk, then sit on her bum on a train, then sit on her bum in front of the TV to a bit of an exercise nut!! I go kickboxing twice a week, running 3 times a week and do 40 mins of circuit training 4 days a week - all that still weighing over 20 stone!!

I am going to complete my first 10K run next week and am very excited but a bit terrified too - I figure that's healthy though!!

Having followed a VLCD in the past I knew how good it felt to be in Ketosis, but I never expected it to happen so fast on Atkins!! The first 3 days I felt a bit groggy with the headaches (giving up my beloved Diet Coke gives me the biggest withdrawls) and the grumbly tum but I have woken up this morning, peed on my stick and i'm in Ketosis already and feeling full of beans!!! :D

Thank you SO much to Jim for his "So you're thinking of starting Atkins .." thread I have ALL the books (I get a little bit OCD about dieting) but your thread made SO much more sense of it all!

Also, I know I shouldn't have sneaked but i've lost 6lbs this morning!! wow!!

1 1/2 litres of water down already!!

:D :D :D

xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mets

Gold Member
C: 11st3.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 27
You've done so well Alyssa!! And an inspiration! All that exercise? I'm breaking out into a sweat just thinking about it! ;)

I can never tell when I'm in ketosis so I can't say if I love it or not. I sometimes get a funny metalic taste in my mouth which I assume means I am, but I actually never know?!

LVLLM

Gold Member
C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3
well done x

Alyssa

Thanks guys!

Mets - it took me a long time to get there but exercise is seriously addictive once you start!!

Mets

Gold Member
Thanks guys!

Mets - it took me a long time to get there but exercise is seriously addictive once you start!!

So I'm told!! :p It'sjust getting started! Although, now the weather is getting a bit nicer, I'll be back out playing tennis with the other half after work :)

Alyssa

I'd love to play tennis but my hand/eye co-ordination is horrendous!!

Haha!

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi Alyssa and welcome to Atkins and our little forum love. I hope this proves the right diet for you and I hope to see you posting great losses.

lucysmommy

Gold Member
S: 15st5lb C: 15st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 35.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
hello and welcome

wow you have lost so much weight already, well done you

good luck with atkins

x

Mets

Gold Member
I'd love to play tennis but my hand/eye co-ordination is horrendous!!

Haha!
I say "play" tennis, it's more like me hitting it far too hard, which means he has to run all the way across the 3 courts to the otherside to get the ball. He hit's it nicely back and then I do the same again! lol So not really tennis! :D

Alyssa

Haha!

Love it!

I would be exactly the same ... which is probably why no-one would play with me!!

Lyss xx

Mets

Gold Member
We'd be no good playing it together then lol Can you imagine? Although we'd probably lose more lbs due to running across the courts to fetch the ball!

Chunka_Malunka

Fat busting crime fighter
you will love this diet if you have moved from the other sources.
I started on Cambridge and gagged my way through a month of it before almost stabbing my eyes out with a blunt instrument.
And although Diet Coke is not essentially allowed I have had it with a great weight loss in the first week although you can have Coke Zero with guilt free consumption.

LVLLM

Gold Member
C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3
gagged my way through a month of it before almost stabbing my eyes out with a blunt instrument.
:rotflmao:

TRIVENAM

Getting there!!!
S: 16st0lb C: 15st4lb G: 11st2lb BMI: 35.6 Loss: 0st10lb(4.46%)
well done on all the loss Alyssa!! fab! :)

Alyssa

Thank you all for the kind comments!!

Still a long way to go ...

A x

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
LOL @ Kirsty. :D

S: 14st13lb C: 14st10lb G: 9st9lb BMI: 34.3 Loss: 0st3lb(1.44%)
Wow! you are an inspiration! Six stone and going strong? What can i say? Keep going hun! xx