I managed to run whole mile...

roundrachel

Silver Member
without stopping! First day back to exercise after 8 weeks doing nothing whatsoever due to having glandular fever.

Just did 10 mins on the bike and 10 on the treadmill at the gym running. Went very slowly but managed a mile.

It's not quite the 8 I was doing in Feb but it's hopefully the start of my comeback!! Gonna ache tomorrow!

Love those endorphins, oh how I've missed them xx

Well done Rachel.After this period of illness thats pretty good going.I think i'm doing well when I manage a 4 mile week a couple of times per week!!

well done rachel
you will be off on your big journey soon
daisy x

Well done Rachel!! Could you do a couple of hundred metres for me too please.

It's amazing what a bit of exercise has done for my mood too. It may just be the sunshine and I may say differently when I wake up tomorrow morning but feels pretty good right now- especially given I could hardly even walk a mile this time last year!

Brilliant Rachel! Fabulous news, as there is nothing worse than being unable to exercise when you want to get out there and on with it!

I've been out over the past couple of days on my bike with my little girl and just started slowly yesterday with a ride around the block. We went a bit further today and rode for about an hour or so, but took it easy on the roads without big hills! I really enjoyed it, and I'm going to ease my way back in. Chiropractor told me to take it slowly and that running might not be best for me with my back, but I said that I used to years ago after my herniated disc was improving and she said to try but any twinges I'm to listen to my body. Definitely going to try though, it's such a rush when you've had a good run!

Delighted to hear that you are on the mend it seems!

Rachel - Fab to hear you are on the mend and running again. I love exercise, but walking and swimming at the moment. My joints are not ready to take any pounding from running, but I would like to be able to run all the way over 5km.

Poppy - well done on getting back to exercise. How's the foot?

Back