I may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Yes, few of my clothes are a bit lose but my stomach and neck still looks same and it is frustrating cos these are parts of my body I worry about, so it is just making me so depressed cos if I have done LT 100% for 3wks then I should at least notice some difference.

How are u feeling now hun?[/QUOTE]

Feeling great now, taking it one step at a time, lost 4.4lbs this week. Thank you all so much on this forum, you all are great.

How are u feeling now hun?

Feeling great now, taking it one step at a time, lost 4.4lbs this week. Thank you all so much on this forum, you all are great.[/QUOTE]

That's what the forum is for- somewhere you can talk to people who are going through similar experiences!

Sorry if this is too personal.. Hope its not...

Maybe it's your perception of your body rather than the reality. Have you taken before and after measurements and pictures??

I had body dismorphia for years... My body was tight and toned and I still felt like a looked like a heffer.

Whereas now... My perception has changed believe it or not I've gone the opposite... I think I look fabulous now haha... And i don't mind pictures etc because they are clearly wrong :-Do

But in all seriousness... This diet is guaranteed to give you results and the only way those stubborn areas of fat are going is down...

Try look at yourself. Honestly and without prejudice. Every curve every bump, learn your body, accept who you are but have an awareness of what changes you need to make....

It's surprising how amazing you will feel even from the start of a weight loss journey when you have self love and determination behind you...

#wearebeautiful

You are right, maybe because I try to compare my weight and figure now to when I was single and had no children, your message opened my eyes to see that out of this body of mine , five wonderful children were born and definitely my body can't remain the same. I will learn to love this body of mine again and appreciate every curves, contours etc, cos it has worked so hard for 15years. Thanks once again. #positive mental attitude.
#we are beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely

the smaller I get the damage that was done when I was pregnant is more noticeable.. Same damage, smaller surface area...

But honey.. I look fierce... I am happy and aware and have serious self love now.. Doesn't matter what way I look..

Do this for you... Take care of you and that wonderful body that created life.. It deserves to be loved whether you have things you want to change or not.

Give ya a tip. I dress for my shape. No matter my size and I feel great. Why don't you Google tips on that.... You would be surprised on how demoralising wearing the wrong clothes can be... If I had realised this 15 years ago my skinny self would have had the chance to love herself and not hate and loathe the mirror image xx

Never know it may take ya outta the slump to try a new style to match you.. Xx

Funny how we put ourselves against these ideals. I had no stretch marks but ended up with horrific cellulitis scarring on my tummy- it bothered me so much as I only had 2 tiny stretch marks during labour and thought I'd gotten away with it after my twice daily bio oil routine. Then I realised other than the very odd foreign holiday I might go on the only person who'll see my tummy is hubby and it doesn't bother him!

So I had my mid week check in today and down another 2lbs! Now 151.6lbs, really happy. I tend to only lose another lb between now and Sat so looks like a 3lb week just 1/2lb shy of this weeks target but TOTM due Sun so not gonna worry to much if I hit the 3lb loss I'm not a kick in the ass off 2 stone loss in 4 weeks!

How amazing is your loss Joanie ... Well done :) 2 stone in 4 weeks, especially at your current weight is absolutely awesome. I love how you have a cheeky midweek weigh in .. I try not to get on the scales as I became obsessive on my last attempt. Do you exercise at all?

Lol- I'm not there yet but close enough to be delighted. I can't resist the mid-week, it motivates me and stops me developing the fear!

On exercise no I'm not doing anything at the moment- will phase that in from my last week. I'm generally up by 6 to get the Child ready and out to childminders and in to work where I'm up and down stairs I dunno how often every day. I don't get home with the child until nearly 7.30pm and then play with her until she goes to bed. I'm exhausted by this stage so just about get some housework done to stop the house becoming a pit! At the weekends I'm too lazy after the housework is done.

It's interesting how this diet affects us. To me it is all consuming in a way, I need to control myself and think about every step. I need to hold on to the control to spit out food shoved in my mouth by a sharing 2yo! I have to plan ahead to ensure that I can make it through social encounters and occasions. I need to remember this as this is how I kept the weight off before allowing pregnancy to pile on the pounds and complications afterwards to allow me to wallow in junk food. I used to be able to make a wildlife bar last for weeks, didn't touch sugary drinks and always had breakfast and 2 other meals rather than use the I'm too busy excuse and binge on junk! Day by day I am getting closer to feeling confident that I can ride out the last few weeks and do a good re-feed and continue on as I did before. I may not even have to go back on TFR after Easter re-feed if I hit my target losses so here's hoping!

It's interesting how this diet affects us. To me it is all consuming in a way, I need to control myself and think about every step. I need to hold on to the control to spit out food shoved in my mouth by a sharing 2yo! I have to plan ahead to ensure that I can make it through social encounters and occasions. I need to remember this as this is how I kept the weight off before allowing pregnancy to pile on the pounds and complications afterwards to allow me to wallow in junk food. I used to be able to make a wildlife bar last for weeks, didn't touch sugary drinks and always had breakfast and 2 other meals rather than use the I'm too busy excuse and binge on junk! Day by day I am getting closer to feeling confident that I can ride out the last few weeks and do a good re-feed and continue on as I did before. I may not even have to go back on TFR after Easter re-feed if I hit my target losses so here's hoping!

Agreed. You are doing great and I think you will do your target.. you are doing great..

Im the same. TFR appeals to my ocd control side.. I love it .. hahah

what a great post, highlights so much for. You've done awesome to show such control and change habits, I think thats half the battle with any weight loss journey. I think LT allows us to take control and it really highlights bad food habits from before we started. There is an element of reflection I guess, especially for you who is so close to goal and so close to looking like you want to .. It's probably made you wonder why you ever was overweight and how silly and lazy your habits were.

I so so hope you hit target so don't have to come back on TFR ... You deserve it :) xx

what a great post, highlights so much for. You've done awesome to show such control and change habits, I think thats half the battle with any weight loss journey. I think LT allows us to take control and it really highlights bad food habits from before we started. There is an element of reflection I guess, especially for you who is so close to goal and so close to looking like you want to .. It's probably made you wonder why you ever was overweight and how silly and lazy your habits were.

I so so hope you hit target so don't have to come back on TFR ... You deserve it :) xx

Oh Katie definitely- I know exactly why I got overweight again, I wallowed in self pity and used food as a comfort as I pretended that it didn't bother me. When I had bad days with my R Arthritis and the pain bothered me I'd comfort eat. I'd gain weight, have more bad days as the weight would impact my joints and the cycle kept going! I had actually managed to lose a fair bit after having little one but never got below 147lbs as I wasn't paying attention to the psychology. This was one of the reasons I decided to do LT again, to find out what I had forgotten.

I think the control this gives us back is key and it strips us bare of any excuses so we can can't lie to ourselves. It re-teaches us how to moderate our behaviour and reflect on how to avoid coming back to this place...

Loved reading through your last few posts a lot of it rang true to me. It's a mental game really isn't it? Cause I'm not hungry but I want to eat, I miss eating. I've noticed that I don't necessarily eat when I'm sad but I eat for every occasion I'm a happy eater! Someone's birthday I'm there, promotion dinner, new house food, catch up with the girls dinner etc.... And I'm a boredom eater in the evenings! Oh and habits we would normally get one take away a week mostly at weekends so now I know this weekend I will be craving my usual Chinese! It's all twists and round-abouts this diet once ur over the physical hunger u have to deal with the emotional!!

Sorry totally hijacked ur post!

Loved reading through your last few posts a lot of it rang true to me. It's a mental game really isn't it? Cause I'm not hungry but I want to eat, I miss eating. I've noticed that I don't necessarily eat when I'm sad but I eat for every occasion I'm a happy eater! Someone's birthday I'm there, promotion dinner, new house food, catch up with the girls dinner etc.... And I'm a boredom eater in the evenings! Oh and habits we would normally get one take away a week mostly at weekends so now I know this weekend I will be craving my usual Chinese! It's all twists and round-abouts this diet once ur over the physical hunger u have to deal with the emotional!!

No Lou- these diary's are for us all!! Funny it's being an emotional eater that's my issue- regardless of the emotion! Last weekend dragged for me and this weekend I plan to keep busy and away from temptation. My Mum text me today to tell me she started LT yesterday so that take the pressure off Sunday!

I think these insights help us decide how to cope with the pitfalls ahead. You know the Chinese will be tough so maybe leave it to just before it arrives in to have your last shake so your full and it's less appealing. I've learnt to brush my teeth when I am struggling as if I did taste something it's not nice!!

Just coming on to distract myself, the lads are outside in the dark cooking a bbq- the smell is delish but surprisingly not as hard to avoid as I thought. Gonna slip off to bed early and leave them to it, can't wait to weigh in tomorrow really hoping for good 3lbs gone

Oh Katie definitely- I know exactly why I got overweight again, I wallowed in self pity and used food as a comfort as I pretended that it didn't bother me. When I had bad days with my R Arthritis and the pain bothered me I'd comfort eat. I'd gain weight, have more bad days as the weight would impact my joints and the cycle kept going! I had actually managed to lose a fair bit after having little one but never got below 147lbs as I wasn't paying attention to the psychology. This was one of the reasons I decided to do LT again, to find out what I had forgotten.

I think the control this gives us back is key and it strips us bare of any excuses so we can can't lie to ourselves. It re-teaches us how to moderate our behaviour and reflect on how to avoid coming back to this place...

You've broken the vicious circle now though and identified that there was a psychology issue too which really should stand you in good footing for refeed ... You should be proud of yourself. You've got the control, you have proven that you can be disciplined and also food is not the answer. I mean LT really does have benefits like that.

A lot of my social life before LT was drinking and eating. I didn't do much that didn't invlove either. It never occurred to me that there is plenty of hobbies and social events where I don't need to eat or drink .. And I'm learning that if it is a social event with eating and/or drinking then I don't have to overindulge. I can apply control. I also was a comfort eater, I always remember about 3 years ago, going clothes shopping for a wedding outfit and not finding anything, I came home and was so depressed about my weight and not being normal etc yet I sat and ate a load of rubbish. I always remember that feeling of feeling worse but it never stopped that habit of eating when down or depressed.

Just coming on to distract myself, the lads are outside in the dark cooking a bbq- the smell is delish but surprisingly not as hard to avoid as I thought. Gonna slip off to bed early and leave them to it, can't wait to weigh in tomorrow really hoping for good 3lbs gone

Oh bless you, I hope you got through it ok :) good luck at weigh in. Let us know how it's goes x

Quick update I'll reply to posts later but only lost 2.2 lbs however trying not to be negative as Totm is due tomorrow - hopefully it'll be on time and I'll make up for it next week.

Made it through the bbq and making a fry up this morning and carbonara from the left overs for lunch so hopefully can stick with it another week anyway, can't believe I've 4 down and 3 to go to easter!

Well done on your loss, that's good going so close to goal and near totm ... So you should be pleased :) well done on keeping 100% through all that temptation too. You're almost at the finish line x

You've broken the vicious circle now though and identified that there was a psychology issue too which really should stand you in good footing for refeed ... You should be proud of yourself. You've got the control, you have proven that you can be disciplined and also food is not the answer. I mean LT really does have benefits like that.

A lot of my social life before LT was drinking and eating. I didn't do much that didn't invlove either. It never occurred to me that there is plenty of hobbies and social events where I don't need to eat or drink .. And I'm learning that if it is a social event with eating and/or drinking then I don't have to overindulge. I can apply control. I also was a comfort eater, I always remember about 3 years ago, going clothes shopping for a wedding outfit and not finding anything, I came home and was so depressed about my weight and not being normal etc yet I sat and ate a load of rubbish. I always remember that feeling of feeling worse but it never stopped that habit of eating when down or depressed.

I think we all have a lot to be proud of! It's true that as a society it all revolves around eating and drinking- but we don't understand how to moderate. So many other cultures are so active and don't indulge all the time.

Back