I Mean It This Time

Thanks guys. I'm certain I can do it this time, weirdly I think it's last chance salon before surgery which I don't want to have to do but will if needs be.

I wanted to make a post requesting some advice on my diet / requirements /protein / gym etc, just worried it might not get seen much in here, is there a better place to do it? Not following a specific diet just counting calories and exercise...

There are fitness/exercise and nutrition threads on the main forum index towards the bottom of the list.

A lot of people use My Fitness Pal to calculate their calories and exercise. I tend to hop around the different boards looking for inspiration,

You can do it! You need to change your life style for the last time and do it for the better, good on you for joining the gym. :) I am currently having a bad week and absolute dreading my weigh in tomorrow because I pigged out this week and feel utterly disgusted in myself but I know that I need to face up to it and pull my finger out.

The best advice I can give you is; drink plenty of water, eat lots of fresh fruit, at meal times make sure you fill your plate up with veggies. I am following Slimming World so it's a little complicated to explain how I eat, but I eat lots of lean meats, pasta, rice, vegetables, eggs. Things like stir fry, spaghetti bolognase, meat & veg dinners. Exercise wise, I aim to work out 4 times a week, I am pushing myself with that but I think 2-3 times a week is enough. I usually go for 2 hours each time, I either do an 1hour class (Zumba, Body Combat, Yoga) followed by 1hour of cardio training (20minutes treadmill, 30minutes cross trainer, 5 minutes rowing, 15 minutes cycling). When I first started going to the gym, I kept trying all the different classes and experimenting with the equipment till I found a routine for me. Sorry my advice is not exactly the greatest. Perhaps joining a slimming group like Weight Watchers or Slimming World would be a good start? People are really friendly and you gain lots of advice, nobody judges you because you are all in the same boat, my group has a few people who are over 25 stone as well and they get welcomed and treated the same as everyone else.

x x x

Amazing first week. Lost 5.8kg, 12.8lbs! I've been awesome with my diet, I've even been away all weekend for 3 days and managed to eat good choices, my only vices being a few Fruit Pastilles lollies on the hot nights.

Been offered drinks, ice cream, deserts everything and just said no.

Not done much gym yet, although what I loved is waking up and going straight on my exercise bike first thing followed by a good drink of water, really sorts you out for the day.

I'm over the moon.

2nd week and 1.9kg down :) Ive been experimenting with foods this week to see how my hunger is so ate more than I would normally on this diet but kick that this week plus will be doing a lot more exercise so should get a good number next week.

Hi Gaz,
your goal is not extreme at all.. best of luck, i honestly believe with the right mind set.. ANYTHING is possible :) xx

Set myself a goal to lose 48kg by 25th December which is going to be hard, really hard but I've never been so motivated to do anything ever so going to go all out :)

Set myself a goal to lose 48kg by 25th December which is going to be hard, really hard but I've never been so motivated to do anything ever so going to go all out :)

Good luck with your goal. Sounds like your really motivated which is fantastic. And well done on your losses.

Week 3 and 2kg more off. Pretty much bang on target :)

Week 4, 2.4Kg off.

Month 1: 12.1Kg or 26.6lb!

So happy :D

Week 5, 1.9Kg off.

Week 6 2.3kg off.

Week 7 & 8; -3.3kg

lexus well done your doing geat

Weeks 9 & 10; -2.3kg

Back