I Mean It This Time

Lexus

Hi folks,

My name is Gaz and I'm fat lol.

I've been dieting poorly for years and decided at the start of this year that I would be fit for 30. I started off really well, dropping 2 and half stone by mid February. Unfortunately I totally fell off the wagon due to change in lifestyle.

Over the last 6 months I've undone most of that hard work although there are still positives from that such as I rarely have chocolate now which was my biggest vice before, hence why I've got into the state I am today. I also rarely drink fizzy drinks any more and replaced them entirely with water.

I am really annoyed at letting myself get this way and feel I have wasted a lot of my twenties, so in order to get the most out of life I'm going to spend the rest of them in order to look and feel good in my thirties :)

I've joined loads of gyms before but I can never last as they are normally full of ridiculous fit young people and I just feel so outta place, even though I have a ridiculous strength level I just can't show it past this blubber.

I've recently overhauled my home office so I had enough space for a exercise bike, and a bit of floorspace for pushups etc and I think this will help so much. I also live on an estate which is basically a 2 mile circle so perfect for walks.

My goals is a bit extreme but as long as I can get somewhere near it in time I will be a happy boy :)

I wish you all the best with your goals.

Hello there and welcome aboard mate.

Some of what you have said could of been wrote by myself, main part wasting my 20's.

We have different vices but same boat.

Wish you all the very best mate.

Everything is possible Gaz. You only have to take a look around these boards and you'll find success stories and journeys still in progress.

Take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you have the odd bad day. We all do.

Hiya Gaz

I noticed all the replies on this thread have mentioned wasting their 20's, well I'm 24 now and have wasted my years so far! I now find myself almost 17st and incredibly unfit

I think you're attacking being severely overweight in the most sensible way - by exercising etc, without resorting to surgery or liquid diets etc, not that I'm knocking either of them, it just seems to me that if you can deal with food every day while you lose weight, you wont struggle to deal with it when you reach goal.

Even though you've put back on some of the weight you lost, you've lost weight before so you know you can do it again this time!

Hows it going for you so far?

I promised myself I would be slim by my 30th birthday. It is the 25th Novemer.....and guess what? lol

But I am here working hard. Good luck with working on yours.

Where it comes to dealing with food to lose weight, all I can say is been there, done that and my weight doesnt move. I dieted my way until the summer and lost 3 stone. Over the summer I was at a gym and following there sensible eating plan and didn't lose anything. As soon as I diet how suits my body, I lose weight. So meal replacement diets have their place for people like me (recovered bulimic who has been the Queen of yo yo dieting for nearly 13 years, with gallstones and a body that says nooooooo lol)

I aslo told myself I would be thinner by my 30th, it didn't happen either, but it is happening now what is the most important thing.

I think you're attacking being severely overweight in the most sensible way - by exercising etc, without resorting to surgery or liquid diets etc, not that I'm knocking either of them, it just seems to me that if you can deal with food every day while you lose weight, you wont struggle to deal with it when you reach goal.

Even though you've put back on some of the weight you lost, you've lost weight before so you know you can do it again this time!

Yeah. I've thought about the surgery a lot - the main thing that put's my off rather than the food aspect is that I should I want to, and although its very rare, I wouldn't be able to have a damn good night out.

I know I can do it for sure, its about staying focused. Once I start getting results it drives me on.

I've had an OK week, nothing bad so far but I've not exercised much as I've been preparing for a number of interviews.

I live with my dad at the moment and he tries to look after me too well, I'm trying to show him the way lol.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I said I wanted to be back in my size tens by my thirtieth.....which was in June!! However I have now had a kick up the bum and while I wont be a size ten for my 31st I may be a 14 :eek:)
Good luck on your journey and keep us updated

Just had a weigh in, lost 7lb which I didn't expect. Not that I was particularly bad just haven't really tried hard.

So great news. When you break it down, 2% lost, it doesn't seem so far away :)

All the best folks.

I said I wanted to be back in my size tens by my thirtieth.....which was in June!! However I have now had a kick up the bum and while I wont be a size ten for my 31st I may be a 14 :eek:)
Good luck on your journey and keep us updated

sorry didnt mean to put that on twice!! got click happy with my phone

Nice one mate on the loss, it really does give a good boost when you get a big number.

Well done :) Keep up the good work! x

Hi Gaz! Fab loss :) are u doing an eating plan too or just serious exercise and being sensible?

I'm doing ww and love it :) I hope to be slim by my 30th (or my 28th if I'm honest ;))

Hope ur having a good week xx

I've just been looking through this section and its painful to see how many people stop updating stop updating after the introductory post (almost) including myself.

I don't know why I keep delaying the inevitable lol.

Just had my 29th birthday a few weeks back and said that I'd start after that weekend, I was ill and had a holiday planned so I put it back and here we are.

I've started improving my diet this week in prep for properly doing it next week including measuring everything. Not looking forward to getting on the scales again on Sunday lol.

Ah well, take 2 :D

If at first...

Well, it's happened again.

First time I've ever been over 400lbs so dissapointing. I'm now very motivated to sort myself out. I've joined the new local Pure Gym which due to the 24hr opening fits with my odd hours.

I've planned my days, meals and exercise times and looked at doing things I like (trips to Starbucks) and made them healthier.

Plus my friends are on board to make sure I don't fall off the wagon.

One option I'm now seriously considering though is surgery. I really want to do this the hard way though, just hope I'm strong enough.

Gaz

Lexus said:
Well, it's happened again.

First time I've ever been over 400lbs so dissapointing. I'm now very motivated to sort myself out. I've joined the new local Pure Gym which due to the 24hr opening fits with my odd hours.

I've planned my days, meals and exercise times and looked at doing things I like (trips to Starbucks) and made them healthier.

Plus my friends are on board to make sure I don't fall off the wagon.

One option I'm now seriously considering though is surgery. I really want to do this the hard way though, just hope I'm strong enough.

Gaz

You can do this Gaz just have some faith! I'm here for the second time around having put on what I lost plus more. I have 10+ stone to lose. we can do it together one step at a time.

In the early days it's always a bit up/down, stop/start, this usually goes on for a few weeks then one day you find your groove and off you go. It will happen, don't beat yourself up for not sticking 100% or getting a steady loss every week. When I started I just aimed for one perfect day a week then steadily increased it to 3 or 4, then 5 or 6. There isn't a quick fix and you need to ease your body into it's new routine or it will go into shock and refuse to shed any pounds at all.

You can do it, just believe it and it will happen.

Back