I messed it up!

Fizz, I'm going to make a couple of incredibly personal remarks here so please don't take offence, they're all meant to be very complimentary......

I'm afraid that I judged you on your first couple of posts and I was wrong and most unfair. Originally I thought, single mum, baby far too young, uneducated.......you get the picture....but this post, written in perfect English! Shows a girl with a very mature outlook on life who wants to get her act together and make the most of herself and life!

I'm so thrilled to read that you intend putting yourself first and so you should! Ok so you've had a child when you were only a kid yourself but that's no reason to accept a life of drudgery.......if you make a go of things then life will automatically get better for your son. If you feel good about yourself then so will he, you obviously don't want him to grow up with no respect for you so you have to have some respect for yourself!

Fizzy, a few of us on here are quite a lot older than you and we've already lived rather a lot......if we can be of any help whatsoever or offer advice then don't hesitate to ask ok? But put yourself first cos no-one else will.

Good luck, with the diet and with life x

if you make a go of things then life will automatically get better for your son.

..if we can be of any help whatsoever or offer advice then don't hesitate to ask ok? But put yourself first cos no-one else will.

Good luck, with the diet and with life x

so true Sandra.

Hey Fizz,,, you really are having a rough time,, but you know you have to believe that you can do anything you want to. you only live once and you must be happy with the choices you make! it is your life, nobody elses.

Well done on being able to talk to your OH about everything. You should feel so proud that you have made this life changing decision. This will be tough but it will also change alot about how you view your life.

If theres anything you want,,go and get it and dont let anybody stop you. Stick with this place and we will help support you all the way. that is what we are here for, to support each other through a life changing event, making good friends along the way.

Dont worry about airing laundry! the fact that you were able to tell us this means you were struggling and needed support, and now look! you have made a decision to get your life sorted :) never underestimate the power of a good chat, no matter who it is with or where :)

All i can say is best of luck for your start on LT and for your journey,, YOU WILL BE AMAZING! and YOU WILL DO IT! :D

lots of *HUGS* :D xxx

Good luck Fizz, you will lose the weight if that is what you want to do.
I work early hours so i am home in time for the school run and then i am home all day.
My hubby works all day so i still prepare the meals. Sometimes i cook 3 different meals for him and my 2 children and i love doing that.
I know it sounds silly but i get such a fantastic feeling of achievement that i have cooked all the lovely food for them and not even eaten a crumb from their meals.
I'm not saying it's easy, i struggle like hell in the evenings but just look forward to feeling so proud i have stayed on it 100%. Hopefully you will find a way to put it all into place for yourself and have a total success with it.
I always head here for support when i struggle....good luck hun xx

Just read this Fizz, glad to see you've made the decision to do what is right for YOU...

I can totally understand where you are coming from with the "perfect family". I had my first son at 17, and stayed with his father, a very controlling and manipulative a*se until he was 18 months, eventually I left, but it was the hardest thing I ever had to do because I saw myself as a failure and that everyone would see me as that "young single mother on benefits"

I'm now 24 and have been married to my husband for 2 years now and we have another 3 year old son together, he completely changed my life and because of him I am now studying a Social Work degree, something I could never have done when with my ex!

My husband's also doing LT with me, and I can honestly say his support has been invaluable :)

I really hope you find what works for you. Chin up, you can do this. We're all in it together :)

Fizz..... I don't know you personally, but reading your post up there, i am so proud of you... You really have grown a pair of balls!!!!! It takes a lot of courage to stand up for what YOU want in a relationship where the other half has taken the lead more often than not.. I have been where you are hun, and it does get worse and worse, so hats off to you for taking control of your life now! As long as your son sees that you are happy, you won't go far wrong.. You seem to have decent morals, and a sense of right and wrong... Very few people go into a relationship wanting to end up being a single parent, but it is much better for a child to have 2 parents apart and happy, rather than 2 parents together making that child's life a misery!! You are doing what you are doing for yourself and your son, if your partner is supporting you then that's great, but he is not your motivation!!

Keep going Fizz... You are fab!! x x x

Back