Step2 810kcal I MISS BREAD!!!

CazzieU

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this serious craving for bread!! I MUST NOT GIVE IN I MUST NOT GIVE IN :drool:

Hi Caz, I hope you are managing without the bread. Thankfully I don't miss it at all, its chocolate for me! We have to stay strong...

Hi

How long have you been doing it for?I went crazy for bread and all things carby and savoury in the first week but stayed strong and found it eased with time, it is mind of matter really (clearly my fave saying all I ever say on here!ha)

Good luck and stay strong xx

Hi Caz, I hope you are managing without the bread. Thankfully I don't miss it at all, its chocolate for me! We have to stay strong...

Hi Heidi, it's been a couple of weeks now. Some days are absolutely fine then others I'm like a woman posessed!! I blame hormones, but hey I didn't become this heffer like from eating salad only, so I try to remind myself that things will not change overnight! My attitude to food & the habits I've developed are deeply ingrained so it will be a battle from time to time. Even if I do slip up i'm still eating far less and much healthier than before & that is a good thing! Hope you're having a good day (without chocolate) xx :ignore:

Hi

How long have you been doing it for?I went crazy for bread and all things carby and savoury in the first week but stayed strong and found it eased with time, it is mind of matter really (clearly my fave saying all I ever say on here!ha)

Good luck and stay strong xx

Hi LovelyLe, I seemed really in control for the first week but now I'm on my second wk, I'm not feeling as strong for some reason. Hey ho, it's not a sprint but a marathon as they say & I will not give up (even after a slip up) because all is not lost. Hope you're having a good day too & managing to stay strong. xx :)

Caz, I am sure you are not a 'heffer' and perhaps changing your mindset of yourself would be a positive thing - perhaps an elegant animal such as a palamino horse? Just something that could help overcome the longing for the bread? I'm trying this re the chocolate obsession (yes, its an obsession). As I am 5ft 2 and 'dumpy' I'm trying to see myself (mindset only of course) as a giraffe. Its got to be worth a try, if not then maybe it'll just make you laugh instead; both of which are positive!!!

You're absolutely right Heidi. It's not just about adapting our eating habits is it, but changing the way we view ourselves and (without meaning to sound all Oprah) learning to love ourselves & having the right positive mental attitude!!! Old habits are very difficult to break but I'm giving it a bloomin good go!!

& I love the palamino horse / giraffe image! xxx

This is an inspiring thread. Loving the elegant animal references. I've always eaten healthily as in my main meals but then along with that I can gorge on chocolate all day long, people never believe how much of it I would actually eat! I've been doing this almost 4 weeks now and I've surprised myself that I don't crave chocolate like I thought I would, I don't think about it very often. It seems my obsessions have now become poached egg on toast and I really miss my roast dinners! :( lol. It's definitely all in the mind though. Just take each day as it comes :) x

This is an inspiring thread. Loving the elegant animal references. I've always eaten healthily as in my main meals but then along with that I can gorge on chocolate all day long, people never believe how much of it I would actually eat! I've been doing this almost 4 weeks now and I've surprised myself that I don't crave chocolate like I thought I would, I don't think about it very often. It seems my obsessions have now become poached egg on toast and I really miss my roast dinners! :( lol. It's definitely all in the mind though. Just take each day as it comes :) x

Yes, unfortunately my cravings seem to change like the weather. It's unbelievable how strong they can be. I can also relate to the chocolate gorging!! I'm now beginning to realise tho' that even If I do slip up, I'm still eating far less than I would have done pre Cambridge so overall it's still really positive & slowly but surely my old habits will shrink to nothing (along with my stomach...LOL) !! How much have you lost so far?

Hey!

Yeh you're totally right, it's significantly less than what I used to eat before! So far I haven't caved though, I've really surprised myself because I've never been able to stick to any of the "easier" diets. My 4th weigh in is tomorrow evening so last week I'd lost 13lbs. I try not to weigh myself in between but it's no good. Unofficially as of this morning I'd lost a total of 17lbs. What about you?

Wow, that's fantastic. You must be really noticing and feeling the difference. Good for you :wow:

Tomorrow will be my 3rd weigh in & I've lost 11lb altogether. I did fall off the wagon a couple of times so we shall have to see what tomorrow brings :eek:

Hope you're having a good day! x

Thanks. Yeh after my WI last night I'd lost 16lbs in total. I asked her measure me to and I've lost 13inches all over now which is nice. Strange though, I can notice a slight change but I thought I'd notice it more so I'm a little disappointed. I wish I'd taken photos at the start to compare with. Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll have a good loss. I'm feeling positive today! :) xx

Hey guys, well done on fantastic WI's. I only lost 1ib this week, but TOTM so not too disappointed and I did have a couple of blips. So, here's to a great week for all.

Heidi

CazzieU said:
Hi lolaberry

I'm doing step 2.....& lost another 4lb today!! How about yourself? :stickdance:

Hey Cazzie, I 'm doing step 2' 810 cal. It's my first week back after taking 2 months off. I have to say I'm struggling a bit though. I shall persevere as I know it works. I 'm always hungry , so today I'm going to have a mass clear out of my cupboards and refocus. Your doing so well. Keep it up. I weigh on tues eve so I'll keep u posted x x

Hey Cazzie, I 'm doing step 2' 810 cal. It's my first week back after taking 2 months off. I have to say I'm struggling a bit though. I shall persevere as I know it works. I 'm always hungry , so today I'm going to have a mass clear out of my cupboards and refocus. Your doing so well. Keep it up. I weigh on tues eve so I'll keep u posted x x

Hi Lolaberry

Not doing well at the moment & feeling really cross with myself. Just gave in to my cravings & had some toast followed by chocolate cake (which is meant for my children!!!) I wish I could say that's been my only slip up but I've found myself picking all bloomin week and hate my lack of will power. The clearing out of cupboards sounds like a really good idea. All is not lost, the road to weight loss is a long one, but tomorrow is a new day!! My weigh in is on Tues too, so fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: & hope you're happy. How much do you want to lose altogether?

CazzieU said:
Hi Lolaberry

Not doing well at the moment & feeling really cross with myself. Just gave in to my cravings & had some toast followed by chocolate cake (which is meant for my children!!!) I wish I could say that's been my only slip up but I've found myself picking all bloomin week and hate my lack of will power. The clearing out of cupboards sounds like a really good idea. All is not lost, the road to weight loss is a long one, but tomorrow is a new day!! My weigh in is on Tues too, so fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: & hope you're happy. How much do you want to lose altogether?

Hey Cazzie,

It's sooooooo hard, I especially miss bread and do always have some after a weigh in on a Tuesday. When I started in may, I managed to lose a stone. When I returned last week after having 2 months off I had only put 3 pounds on, better than I thought. So this week I want to have lost that 3 pounds and then I want to lose another stone and a half. I've been a bugger for picking this week, so had a huge clear out of cupboards today and had a massive word with myself as I'm sick of Most if my clothes being so tight and wearing the same boring thing every day, but i refuse to buy anything new unless its a smaller size.
Although I do find as long as I am really strict after a slip up it tends not to show on the scales much. I hope you have a good day tomorrow and I'll update u after my weigh in Tuesday x

Back