I need a good talking to!!!

Morrigan96

Weighed in tonight only to discover that despite being 100% and then some every day for the past week ... I have gained half a pound. :mad:

I went the whole of Easter without so much as a whiff of chocolate despite there being Lindt eggs and bunnies and allsorts in full view in the kitchen, everywhere! I bought my daughter a packet of chocolate mini eggs and I never even had one of those!! I was practically walking around the house with a gleaming halo over my head ... I was that good!

Got my daughter and mum a takeaway from the chippie last week ... and never even ate one chip. I picked up a chinese takeaway for my son ... sat in there and ordered nothing for myself - not even a grain of rice. I haven't touched a drop of vino in weeks, and have stuck to the plan like glue.

I was so certain I was going to get a good loss I'd have bet money on it .. and when I got on those scales tonight, I didn't control my reaction very well. I know several people looked over when I said 'I've gained .. that can't be right' .. then someone called me over to ask how I'd done and I didn't even stay to get the lady to fill in my book. I was just gutted. Afterwards talking to the woman who called me over (although quietly and privately this time, just talking to her) and saying ... this is crazy, I haven't put a foot wrong ... how can I have gained weight?' I just felt like someone had punched me in the stomach .. it was such a disappointment. I'd bought raffle tickets etc and was fully intending to stay for the full meeting, but I was so upset, I felt like chucking it all in then and there, so I left.

Now at home, thinking about it I feel a bit embarrassed about my reaction when I saw those scales. Has anyone else here reacted in similar fashion - everyone at my meeting seems to take it in their stride whereas my reaction was a bit like a stroppy teenager I'm ashamed to say. It's just that I have not put a foot wrong this past week honest guvnor' so I just don't get it. STS fair enough ... but a gain???

I feel really fed up at the moment. I haven't done anything daft like eat an Easter egg or glug a bottle of wine ....but I didn't enjoy a mouthful of my dinner tonight and my mood is still low. I'm supposed to be losing weight ... not gaining it?

Last edited:
I know how u feel I stuck to plan religiously for 3 weeks and got a sts the following week was a gain even tho I stuck to plan , I was so demoralised I've been going sw since July and have lost 7 st but since Xmas it's just not moving , I still need to shift a couple of stone,
So I've made the decision to follow the plan and weigh at home , I cant keep putting myself through the way I was feeling at class it didn't seem to be benefiting me , I'm going to put the money to new clothes ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the reply - I really appreciate it. I'm also thinking about going it alone ... something I never thought I would do. I'm going to see how I get on this week on my own, and make a decision on Tuesday, which is my next weigh-in day.

I'm continuing with the SW plan, but I've started calorie counting as well as a double check because I've had my doubts about this 'eat as much as you like' FREE FOODs business since the beginning. I KNOW I never put a foot wrong last week as far as the SW plan goes - never going over 10 sys on any of the days - but I had to have taken in 1750 calories more than I used up over the week to have gained half a pound. All the weeks I have lost have been when I've done a lot of exercise - especially walking. I've been deskbound for the past week and a half and haven't been able to set aside much time for getting out and exercising (I'm self employed and when the work's in, I have to get it done). SW seems to work for me when I'm very active, but on less active weeks - the amount I'm eating isn't getting burned up and I'm eating a hell of a lot - even though all of it is on plan. So I'm going to tweak it a bit, and calorie count as a double check ... because ultimately that is what all weight loss comes down to. If you take in less calories than your metabolism burns you will lose weight and if you take in more, then you will gain weight. Clearly last week I took in more even though I was 100% on plan.

Yea I know what u mean , I was going to go wi tonight and book 4 weeks off to see how I manage myself then I can go bk if it's not working , but I've made a decision just to go for it,
I agree wiv the walking I ve been doing 6 mile a night but since Xmas due to weather and working late I've not done as much , so although I'm following sw I also thought about tweaking it a but too,
I wish you luck on what ever u decide I didn't think I would stop going to class but the past couple of months I've been getting so stressed on the run up to Wednesday wi, if I carried on like that I would end up making myself ill,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This happened to me last week. I was sooo good all week and was expecting a big number (my first week) and a measly 3 pounds. I honestly ha to stop myself from crying. I was so disheartened. And to make it worse my friend who didn't stick to plan all week and ate Chinese takeaways in front of me lost 2 lbs!! Not happy x

Back