I need a shake!

Caroline83

Had my week 9 weigh in last night and lost 4lbs, I was over the moon until my CDC said "I thought you would have lost more" I know nothing was meant by it but now I can't stop myself from feeling disappointed. I hate that I am my own worst critic and I am never happy with what I have achieved.

Anyone got any tips on how to just be happy with my weight loss whether it be 0.5lbs or 10?

hun i think all she probably meant is she can see you have lost weight and look like you have lost more.

4lbs is incredible, I know it never seems like its coming off fast enough but 4lbs is a third of a stone!!!

4lbs is brilliant, I don't know why she would say that! XX

l would be delighted with 4lbs loss, very rarely happens to me l think it may be bars with me but l so look forward to my bar with coffee in the evening it keeps me on cd , l really think everyone strives for more just human nature xx

Had my week 9 weigh in last night and lost 4lbs, I was over the moon until my CDC said "I thought you would have lost more" I know nothing was meant by it but now I can't stop myself from feeling disappointed. I hate that I am my own worst critic and I am never happy with what I have achieved.

Anyone got any tips on how to just be happy with my weight loss whether it be 0.5lbs or 10?

I'm sure she just wasn't thinking - but that was a pretty unhelpful thing to say, wasn't it?

You're doing brilliantly hun - don't take it to heart. :gen126:

4 pounds in a week is a fantastic loss! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, and by the way - when I saw the title of your thread, I thought, "Oh - what flavour?" :D

I can offer you strawberry, chocolate, vanilla or toffee and walnut... Or how about a nice tetra? ;)

:grouphugg:

Oh, and by the way - when I saw the title of your thread, I thought, "Oh - what flavour?" :D

I can offer you strawberry, chocolate, vanilla or toffee and walnut... Or how about a nice tetra? ;)

:grouphugg:

lol i was going to offer her a nice choc mint from my stash, lol

my cdc regularly decides i should be losing over 6lb a week, i generally just ignore her

My cd has said stuff like that before as well I just ignore her. I thought you meant a cd shake as well! I was thinking I'm sure it's ok if you have a fourth shake! x

I don't think any CDC should say that u should have lost more! Seems a little unfair to me that they have decided how much u should have lost. It's on average a stone a month so after the first week or so your losses slow a little... iv had weeks where iv been 100% and only lost 2lb so your loss is fab!

Losses seem to change every week for no reason and just because everybody is different. Any loss is just that, a loss and its the magic word wer all after. None if us are after a gain! xx

My CDC is the same! Does my head in! Oh you've lost x number of lbs.... oh well what went wrong this week?! NOT HELPFUL!
Cambridge is one of the hardest things to do.... If someone is confrontational with me, I won't want to be open and honest with them! I beat myself up enough as it is!
In my book, any loss is good loss, and I sure as hell wouldn't have lost 20lbs in 4 weeks if I was completely uncommitted.

Apologies for that little angry outburst... :-s x

Thanks for all the support ladies and LOL at the shake thing I'll take a choc mint any day :D feeling better today and just worked out that if I lose 4lbs every week for the next 5 I will be:

15st 10 - Lightest I can remember being ever
BMI 34.6 - Obese class 1 rather than the class 3 I started at
&
Will have lost just over 50% of what I set out to lose

So that is what my 4lbs will get me :D

I know that my CDC meant nothing by it and she would be devastate if she knew it upset me, guess we all sometimes say things without really thinking it through

Gosh, Caroline, that's an average of 5 lbs lost each week - it's a fabulous result!

And sumayyah, 6lbs a week would be quite extraordinary!

No matter how heavy someone is at the beginning, the average weight lost on sole source really is a stone a month, overall.

You're both doing brilliantly, and should be very proud of yourselves!

I wish i could lose 4lbs in a week. Last month i lost 9lbs...... 9lbs is bad.... what you've lost isn't.

My CDC said to me whilst i was filling in the form..... something along the lines of ..... just fill it in & declare that theres nothing wrong with you........ accept that you are fat!!!

It only dawned me of a few hours later what he'd said. I know it was the truth but it was still a (imo) silly comment to make.

Some people don't think.

Gosh, Caroline, that's an average of 5 lbs lost each week - it's a fabulous result!

And sumayyah, 6lbs a week would be quite extraordinary!

No matter how heavy someone is at the beginning, the average weight lost on sole source really is a stone a month, overall.

You're both doing brilliantly, and should be very proud of yourselves!

i know, she runs these calculations all the time, like this week i lost 3lb so i her head next week should be a 6. i know enough these days to just smile and wait and see what my body decides to give up

Back