Total Solution i need advice please having wisdom teeth out

sammyjojo

Hi all,
Im in hospital for a day a week on friday to have 2 wisdom teeth out with general anasthetic :( i have worked it out and it actually falls on my week that i should have a meal aswell (doing total solution) so im obviously not going to be able to eat so not sure what to do.. could i prehaps bring my food week forward a week?? also i cant eat after a certain time the night before i go in but thats fine ill just have my tea early and get an early night but my worry is the day i go in as i cant eat or drink anything and not knowing what time i will be home i dont know if i will be able to fit all 3 shakes in so i might be getting less calories etc that day (i dont want to make myself ill)
any advice will be greatly appreciated

Have you asked the dr about being in ketosis and general anathestics? It might affect how your body responds and mean the anathestics in your system for longer afterwards so they might need to adjust the dosage. When I had my wisdom teeth out extremes of temperature were too much for me so I had mushed up fish and veg from the blender.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have your shakes afterwards if you bring your shaker with you, I had lunch after an 8am surgery.

Agree with skint_chick, best tell teh doctor about your diet, but no reason why you can't have your shake after the surgery, probably through a straw though, good luck with the op xx

You have to tell your doctor about this. VLCD's and general anaestheetics do not mix and then you have the healing to deal with post op after your operation. I had to have surgery last year and exante advised me 2 weeks off the diet pre-op and a massive 12 weeks off the diet post-op. My surgery was a bit bigger so this may have been why. I spoke with my anaesthetist about it and he adbvised 2 weeks off the diet pre-op to be out of ketosis and my body used to food again and then to listen to my body post-op in regard to going back on plan. My advice to you would to be completely honest with your medical team as it is not worth taking risks with your help. Also if you have lost a lot of weight then they need to know as your blood vessels may be larger so it is good for them to know this too. Clearly you will do whatever feels best for you but just thought i would share what info I was told on this matter. Look after yourself and good luck.

You have to tell your doctor about this. VLCD's and general anaestheetics do not mix and then you have the healing to deal with post op after your operation. I had to have surgery last year and exante advised me 2 weeks off the diet pre-op and a massive 12 weeks off the diet post-op. My surgery was a bit bigger so this may have been why. I spoke with my anaesthetist about it and he adbvised 2 weeks off the diet pre-op to be out of ketosis and my body used to food again and then to listen to my body post-op in regard to going back on plan. My advice to you would to be completely honest with your medical team as it is not worth taking risks with your help. Also if you have lost a lot of weight then they need to know as your blood vessels may be larger so it is good for them to know this too. Clearly you will do whatever feels best for you but just thought i would share what info I was told on this matter. Look after yourself and good luck.

thank you for the advice i have an appointment to see my dr tomorrow to ask about just wanted to get some other opinions to :) i have a feeling they will tell me to stop i just hope its not for to long i was just starting to get into full swing of this diet. is there any diet u reccomend to do if i have to stop for a while.

They will probably make you eat before you go home. I had a general a few years ago, and they made me eat.. Luckily I was about 4 weeks into rtm on ll.

i used to do nutracheck online and lost couple stone twice using this. it is calorie counting but they do all the work for you and very easy to use. it monitors weight/food/exercise and nothing is off bounds, it just gives you your daily calorie allowance and exercise cals to burn depending on how many pounds you choose to lose per week. you get rewards too for each 7lbs you lose. it wont be as quick as a vlcd but you still can can have good weight loss. i just came off it this time as i needed a break from food for a while but may go back for when its time for maintenence x hope this helps :)

Back