I need help! I'm not sure my CDC has given me all the info. I'm confused!

minirog

Silver Member
I have been on the diet for THREE days and I'm baffled. If anyone could help me out I'd be so grateful!

I have 9 stone to lose, I'm 5'7", I'm doing Sole Source and haven't cheated yet!!!

1. I miss milk. Really badly. Can you have any on this diet at all? My CDC said she didn't know what would happen if I had milk in tea.

2. She's sold me some bars (her suggestion) and some ready made shakes but should I be having these yet? Do they affect my weight loss? Are there any special rules with them?

3. What is Ketosis and how do I know when I'm in it?

4. How much weight should I be expecting to lose in week one?

5. How often should I weigh? Should my CDC weigh me or do I just weigh myself? Are the CDCs there just to sell the packets?

6. Generally is there anything really key I need to know?

I'm sorry for being so dull. I'm just so so so confused and really want this to work. I feel like I need ALL the facts and I'm not sure have them all. My CDC IS lovely though :)

Thank you in advance for your help

Lots of chubby hugs from Me xx

I have been on the diet for THREE days and I'm baffled. If anyone could help me out I'd be so grateful!

I have 9 stone to lose, I'm 5'7", I'm doing Sole Source and haven't cheated yet!!!

1. I miss milk. Really badly. Can you have any on this diet at all? My CDC said she didn't know what would happen if I had milk in tea.
yes you can have milk if you change your plan to ss+ and have 4 shakes and milk, she should have given you a book that tells you all about it. if she hasn't ask her for one.

2. She's sold me some bars (her suggestion) and some ready made shakes but should I be having these yet? Do they affect my weight loss? Are there any special rules with them?
bars should only be introduced in the 3rd week after your 2nd weight loss weight in (not your starting week). so you should have done the diet for 2 weeks straight then you can have bars. this is to make sure that you get into ketosis properly. bars might affect your weight loss as everyone is different and this diet is unique to everyone. bars don't affect my weight loss but make me windy. i know people who have not lost much weight when they've eaten bars. special rules..... drink more water when you have the bars.

3. What is Ketosis and how do I know when I'm in it?
ketosis is the fat burning stage. when your body finishes burning carbs and then starts on it's stored fat. you tend to notice that you feel cold, your breath stinks, you stop feeling hungry or your hunger is massively reduced.

4. How much weight should I be expecting to lose in week one?
again this is different to everyone and if you stick to it probably between 5lbs to 10lbs. i lost 11lbs my first week this time round whereas last time it was 9lbs

5. How often should I weigh? Should my CDC weigh me or do I just weigh myself? Are the CDCs there just to sell the packets?
it's up to you. i weigh myself far too much and do it 2 to 3 times. sometimes i think that it would be best to stick the scales away so that i don't go on them. somehow in my mind though i've always gone on the scales lots when i've dieted as if i don't my weight doesn't come off. whereas you know if you stick to this diet the weight does come off but i just have that stupid thought in my head so i keep on getting on them.

6. Generally is there anything really key I need to know?
just make sure you get the books off your CDC. come on here if you are not sure as i'm not sure if your CDC knows everything, just by the sound of what you've said and that you've got bars from day 1.

Hello and welcome do not have the bars till week 3.!! one a day too, i agree with great things come on here often and ask any questions you may have.!

I would go to your CDC and get weighed each week hun and record it on a CD card plus measurements too.!

All the best to you, CD is the BEST diet ever!!!!!

I am on day 5 and have been having 200mls of skimmed milk a day ( which I add to tea and coffee ) plus 4 shakes / soups and my water. This is called sole source plus ( I think ! ) I was told no bars until 3rd week and given 2 booklets with lots of info and details of all the next stages. I was also weighed , measured and had photos taken. I think if you feel you are not getting all the right info and support you may need to consider finding another counsellor ? It would be awful for you to try your best and not achieve as much due to insufficient info. Good luck . x

Thank you all so much.

I'm a bit narked with my counsellor now! Maybe I will try and find a new one, but the problem is I live in Cornwall and we're a bit rural so there aren't many counsellors around..... or any buses and I don't drive..... so I may be stuck with her. I'm now trying to think of the best way of broaching the subject with her.

When I went to see her, she didn't even weigh me. She also told me to "get someone to measure me" and didn't even tell me about sole source plus (even though I have a LOT of weight to lose).

I'm very baffled. And annoyed.

However, you guys are great and I'm VERY grateful. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Me x

But if she didn't weigh you then how will you know how much you have lost?

I am doing mine by post and email/phonecalls. I live in Germany (hubby is forces) and the nearest decent CDC is a 2 hour drive away (where I used to live). So I am doing it through her, but I suppose I am on my second journey so I knew the ins and outs before I restarted.

I seriously think you need to have a good talk with your CDC and get it all out because without the support and of course the correct information, it can be hard.

I weighed myself on the electronic scales in Boots which I've been doing every week anyway so I know how much I weigh. I'm just annoyed she didn't do it!!!!

Anyway, I'll try and pluck up the courage to ask her tomorrow. I'm just really shy (hence the love of message boards!!!!)

Me x

Firstly I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and have a serious chat with her about why she hasn't weighed you etc. CDC's are not there to simply sell you the diet and send you on your merry way. She should be weighing you every week and keeping a note of your progress, because like Jabba says how will you know how much you've lost. She should be keeping an eye on this.

If she's not then she's not doing her job!! I've been to 2 dif CDC's (due to geography not probs) and they've both been totally suportive and have both refused to sell me bars until 3rd week. Either your CDC is very new and doesn't quite 'get' it yet (which she should because you have to have done CD to become a CDC) or she's simply just not doing her job properly for some reason.

Go on the Cambridge website, they have a list of CDC's for your area. Some will come to you if you can't get to them. It's worth a try, because this diet is hard enough, but if you're not getting the right support from your CDC it'll be even harder. Besides in effect you're employing her to provide a service - which she's not doing. You wouldn't stand for it from a tradesman. Good luck xxx

Thanks everyone.

This is all so helpful. You are ALL awesome!

One day I hope to be this knowledgeable so I can help people too.....

You will be hun. I'm a bit of a stickler for details so when I do something I need to find out all the facts about it before I get on and do it. I researched CD for a good month before starting, everything else I've learned from my CDC or on here as I've gone along. This website is really fantastic and has helped me both times I've done CD, esp this time when I'm struggling a bit.

My cdc told me I could have a tiny amount of milk on ss without it causing me problems although not suppossed to. I have a splash of low fat milk in 1 0r 2 cuppas a day and it makes all the difference for me.

Thanks everyone.

This is all so helpful. You are ALL awesome!

One day I hope to be this knowledgeable so I can help people too.....

you are worried about how to broach this with her and you shouldn't be! she needs to be doing her job. why not take the approach like this....

"i've been on minimins website and have talked to a few well season CDers and they say that i should have had a couple of books the sole source book and the follow on plans book. also they said that they get weighed by their counsellors so i would like you to weigh me each week for my own peace of mind."

it doesn't matter about the bars really as you just don't take them till next week. tell her you are not sure about them and want to have a week without them.

Hiya, just reading your post. How did week 1 weigh in go? Also, I am in Cornwall and my CDC seems lovely. I went and got weighed, had my measurements done and had some photos taken. Plus she has called me a few times in the week to see how I am getting on.

Where do you live in Cornwall? I think when I went on the CD site there were only 3 CDC's on Cornwall. I am in St Agnes, near Truro. x

I have been having the bars since day one and it didnt effect my weight loss at all.. the first time i did cd i lost 18lb and this time it was 15lb.. but as some of the girls have said this diet effects us all in different ways x

Hello lovelies!

Well, sorry I've not replied, I've been internet-less for a few days (horror!!!).

Anyway - things are sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now. I had a good chat with my CDC and she's been brilliant. I'm really happy now, but you guys really helped me know what was what so I could talk to her properly.

It's also end of week one and today I weighed.............

I lost 5 pounds!

I was actually a tad disappointed at first but then I realised it was pretty good, especially considering it was totm!

Thank you all for your help, support and encouragement. You are awesome!

Me x

Wow, well done on the 5lbs! Don't be dissapointed, how much would you ahve lost if you were following WW or SW, nowhere near as much I suspect.

Glad you got things sorted with your CDC, I felt a little bit miffed after my second time. I spent an hour there my first visit and she was very attentive, then the second time I was in and out in 5 mins! lol

Hello lovelies!

Well, sorry I've not replied, I've been internet-less for a few days (horror!!!).

Anyway - things are sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now. I had a good chat with my CDC and she's been brilliant. I'm really happy now, but you guys really helped me know what was what so I could talk to her properly.

It's also end of week one and today I weighed.............

I lost 5 pounds!

I was actually a tad disappointed at first but then I realised it was pretty good, especially considering it was totm!

Thank you all for your help, support and encouragement. You are awesome!

Me x

hiya

you've done well. 5lbs! yeah! i would say that next week you might get a similar loss or maybe more. my first time ss i swapped my weighins around and the first week i lost 6lbs the next 9lbs according to my CDC but on my scales it was 9lbs the first week and 6lbs the next. lol still it was the same loss :D

congratulations on your 5lbs and may your 2nd week be even better than your first.

:grouphugg:

Thank you! I've just read the post about mix-a-mousse and water flavourings which I have been using so maybe that's slowed down the weight loss. I'll stop using them from tomorrow now, hopefully I'll get back on track again! It's horrible to think you haven't cheated and then find out you have accidentally :-(

Oh well, another day another start i guess. I'll get there in the end.

I feel more down about it all today - just seems harder somehow. Not sure why. Maybe cos we've got friends staying for the weekend and that would usually mean takeaways and chocolate. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine.

As usual, thanks for your support. Brilliant to have it.

Me x

Hi

I have just started the CD diet today. I am finding it really tough

I know I seem to be posting and asking loads of questions but I so badly want it to work and I am finding today difficult.

Can i jsut ask is it 2 litres of water per day

also now I know this is prob silly but I see TOTM on some of your posts and I am wondering what does it mean!!!

thanks so much

reading all your posts have helped me so much, to get to my CDC and to have the courage of starting it

T

Thank you! I've just read the post about mix-a-mousse and water flavourings which I have been using so maybe that's slowed down the weight loss.

Just in case you didn't see it on the other thread, water flavourings and mousse on the same day IS allowed :)

Hi

I have just started the CD diet today. I am finding it really tough

It does get so much easier. Hang in there. Keep busy and focus on the positives.

Can i jsut ask is it 2 litres of water per day

2.25L fluid minimum, on top of your shakes. You can count teas and coffees (black for SS), but don't have too much of the caffeine hit. I would still recommend the majority of the 2.25L as water.

also now I know this is prob silly but I see TOTM on some of your posts and I am wondering what does it mean!!!

Time of the Month....ladies periods :)

Back