I need HELP !

Hi guys, this is my first thread so i apologise if anything goes wrong, i tried this a minute ago and the whole page crashed :p

Anyhow, I have 2weeks of the Cambridge diet sole source program, I tried to start it on a Monday of last month, it went well but by the evening particulary after dinner i just couldn't take it and snacked like there was no tomorrow. A little dissappointed i tried again on the Wednesday and the same thing happened!!!:copon:

I'm fine in the morning and afternoon but come evening time i'm gagging for carbs, has anybody else had this problem and how did they overcome it??:sigh:

I'm planning on starting tomorrow (17th March) which is a Tuesday as its my busiest day.:confused:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me, i really want to lose the weight and don't want to keep wasting the diet formulas! :cry:

x much love x

CD is a tough diet if your head is not in the right place to do it... are you sure you are really motivated? Could you talk to your CDC and get some more support? Once you get through those first few days, ketosis will kick in and the fab weight losses will spur you on, but it's true that those first days can be hard.

Are you sure CD is for you? Perhaps a diet with food in the picture might be better for you? If it's support you need, there is lots on minis, so keep checking in and stay focused. Good luck with Tuesday... if you get thru just one day 100% I think you'll feel more motivated. But you have to really WANT to do it to get past those carb cravings!

Good luck & hugs whatever you dcide.
xxx

Some people don't reccommend this but it works for me. I dont have my first shake/soup until lunchtime, then i wait until i get home at 5:30 - 6:30 before i have my second, that way i still have another one to look forward to in the evening, i often end up cramming it in before bed because i've forgotton to have it. Though warm vanilla with nutmeg is a lovely drink to have at bedtime.

Also you could try splitting your packs so you spend more time "eating". Also distract yourself when craving carbs, come on here and read some threads, have a long hot bath with lovely products to relax you, read a book. etc.

If you really struggle perhaps you should try ss+ 4 packs a day or 3 packs and a 150kcal meal instead of ss.

We're here to support you and in your turn you will be advising people on how you did it in those first few days!

I've had this problem - like Twingo i don't generally have my first shake until midafternoon, sometimes as late as 5 because i find the evenings the hardest. I've just gotten back on the sole source program and although technically you're not supposed to have the bars for the first two weeks i asked my CDC if i could have one of each of the bars just in case i got the munchies &/or had a social event to go to and needed to eat something. My theory being that having a bar instead of a shake (even though not allowed yet) is better than me ordering a 12" pizza and scoffing the lot!

Make sure you drink LOTS & keep yourself busy in the evenings, lots of long hot bubble baths, do your nails (you can't eat while your nails are wet!) clean your teeth (food doesn't taste as nice if you've 'just' cleaned your teeth) I had a LOT of early nights to start off with too.

SS is a very hard diet to do and you do need to be in the right place emotionally for it to be succesful. Maybe talk to your CDC and see if you can start on a programme further up so that you still CAN have some food? Or maybe try cutting down on carbs the week or so before you start ss?

Good luck with it all hun, try not to beat yourself up too much though. xx

Back