I need inspiration ...

hugeherbo

All you wonderfull people have done soo well, and im restarting for the second time, having put all my weight back on.

I was just wondering if you have any advice on how to loose as much weight asap, how you kept going and if you did any exercise?

Thanks guys

keep busy is a must, your house will be the cleanest in the street. if you feel hungry have a pint of water. have a pint of water before your shake. put food in to people boxes so that none of the food in the house actually belongs to you so you can't eat it. if you really want to eat, get out of the house asap.

i have exercised throughout my diet and at a certain point quite hard as i was training for several running events - was on a higher plan when this was going on though.

focus on why you are doing this diet and keep your goals close in your mind to keep you motivated.

Thanks so much

yeah as great things said , keep busy , I always do lots of cleaning , sorting , ( yep !!) anything to keep occupied .
Drink lots of water but not too much , between 3-4 litres is best , take something to help you 'go ' I find I get really can constipated so take movicol every other day ( have tried everything else !!)

I havent done any exersise apart from walking really , you shouldnt start a hardcore exersise when on CD but if you are used to exersising then you are ok to carry on , toning exersise is better rather than aerobic .

Some people find the bars can slow weight loss a little , although I find they keep my on track so I have them anyway , many people dont have a problem with them

most of all stay positive and come on here for support and advise :)

Hi

I agree with all the above apart from the exercise thing. There is no proven reason why you cannot start a "hard core" training programme while on CD but like any training programme you have to build up your fitness levels and stamina over time. Some people find their "scales" loss slows down a little while exercising (but not everyone) however their inch loss continues at a great rate. Current medical guidance advises that exercise and behavioural change programmes should be done whilst on a VLCD as they increase the success of maintaining.

Also be prepared to review and adjust your goals as you go because your feelings about yourself will change. I initially wanted to feel less yuck and fit clothes better and feel healthier. I feel all that now and have had to create new goals like fitting into a specific piece of clothing etc.

Take your measurements on Day 1 and photos of front, back and side view (in underwear or form fitting clothes). Then remeasure and photo every week after your weigh in ... the differences are amazing and very inspiring! I measure my neck and my ring finger too (as I want to fit a ring on again that I have upstairs).

Definately take photos - I don't and I really regret it now - I found some horrible ones of me in the summer - but I was heavier than that when I started. Good Luck

Back