I need to rant......

As I remember, they usually rebrand the books around the end of the year for the new influx in January. In the past, they've sometimes given them away for free (like when there were a lot of basic-syn changes like Quorn Sausages being synned instead of free, they had to re-design the book to take out the old free quorn sausage suggestions for meals) but sometimes said if there are no major changes, and JUST a design change, then current members could buy the new pack if they liked, but it was their choice.

It could be down to the individual consultant I suppose..!

Yep, I agree with you lol waste of time printing all new books if nothings changed. Its not like we will be able to use the new book as our stickers are all on the old ones!!

I actually weigh in with my old green book as I like to see my history. And of course all my stickers are on the old book too. Hoping for a purple diamond one very soon now - yeh go me! :)

People who can't be bothered to read the book annoy me too - I guess they don't want to lose the weight enough to put the effort in!

If they are reprinting the book with it even more focused on Extra Easy it makes me think they are slowly going to phase out red and green. I already get confused looks from some newer members if I mention that I mainly do red days because the red and green options just aren't mentioned by consultants any more. I've also noticed that in the newer recipe books there are many recipes that are only suitable for EE. Depressing really as I lose better on red and having to adapt all the recipes drives me mad.

I know what you mean! And I think youre right, I think they will probably phase them out! But I will be sticking to what works for me. If it aint broke, dont fix it! :)

We were told at WI on wed that if you go to class the 2 weeks over xmas you would be given a new book ( now im assuming everyone will get them) regardless of whether you attend or not. Consultant never mentioned about any changes though.

I don't think they'll completely phase red and green out as they do work and green is great for veggies (plus for some people if you do red or green and don't have the extra HEX's they don't loose, so if someone was following ee because red and green had been phased out and only had green foods but just the 1 HEA and HEB then they would struggle loosing)

i had a similar prob a few months ago a friend really wanted to lose weight so i set her a weeks meal plan with her fave meals in and she just gave up n got takeaways (the easy option) i would not have bothered but she was really upset about her weight so i helped her tried to motivate her and spent alot of time writing a simple to follow sw meal plan for a week for nothing

i had a similar prob a few months ago a friend really wanted to lose weight so i set her a weeks meal plan with her fave meals in and she just gave up n got takeaways (the easy option) i would not have bothered but she was really upset about her weight so i helped her tried to motivate her and spent alot of time writing a simple to follow sw meal plan for a week for nothing

I've done that too Cat and its soooooo bleddy frustrating! My ma in law wanted to lsoe weight but not pay and I set her a weeks worth of menus and she was constantly on the phone arguing about what she could and couldnt have grrrrrr

I know it sounds self involved - but I now do this malarkey for ME and ME alone x

I don't think they'll completely phase red and green out as they do work and green is great for veggies (plus for some people if you do red or green and don't have the extra HEX's they don't loose, so if someone was following ee because red and green had been phased out and only had green foods but just the 1 HEA and HEB then they would struggle loosing)

I agree and I hope you are right that they won't phase out red and green.

Again, I know what you mean. People at group go "what do you mean xyz, how come you know about that and i dont?!" I just say "it is in the book." A lot of my friends ask me how sw works and how I have lost the weight, and quite a few have joined up, but they are all too lazy to read the book and/or cook and not eat crap so they don't lose weight. My friend wanted to be slim for her wedding next year. She has now given up on two diets and I fully expect to hear her whining about it in the new year. But other than following her and pulling food out of her mouth there is nothing I can do.

Again, I know what you mean. People at group go "what do you mean xyz, how come you know about that and i dont?!" I just say "it is in the book." A lot of my friends ask me how sw works and how I have lost the weight, and quite a few have joined up, but they are all too lazy to read the book and/or cook and not eat crap so they don't lose weight. My friend wanted to be slim for her wedding next year. She has now given up on two diets and I fully expect to hear her whining about it in the new year. But other than following her and pulling food out of her mouth there is nothing I can do.

Well said x

Last year you got the latest book for 2weeks only and then only if you went to group. As far as I understand, the same will go for this year. If you don't attend then you don't get the book.

Reckon it's to encourage people to attend during the quiet weeks!

Last year you got the latest book for 2weeks only and then only if you went to group. As far as I understand, the same will go for this year. If you don't attend then you don't get the book.

Reckon it's to encourage people to attend during the quiet weeks!

Makes sense really - I will be less likely to go completely overboard on Christmas Day and Boxing Day as my weigh in this year is the Thursday so hopefully encouraging people to go will help them avoid too big a gain (and obviously protect the consultant's income!)

Kinda annoys me that if u attend between crimbo an new year u will get a new book as that means my classes will be on crimbo day and new years day and i doubt very much my consultant will run classes then :-/

missclare85 said:
Kinda annoys me that if u attend between crimbo an new year u will get a new book as that means my classes will be on crimbo day and new years day and i doubt very much my consultant will run classes then :-/

No but she will hold a class because they have to. Ours are on both Thursdays.

SW have to hold a class 52 weeks of the year.

jaylou said:
No but she will hold a class because they have to. Ours are on both Thursdays.

SW have to hold a class 52 weeks of the year.

Edit.... Our class is normally a Tuesday.

im having the same experience me and my sister joined the same week then her work friend joined a week after us she goes out on binges at weekend eating pizza and boozing and doesnt syn any of her food in week and hasnt read or understood the book its been over a month now and ive tried to explain it to her at every meeting but shes doesnt listen or read her book and now ive just given up and pretend i dunno either its just easier to ignore her lol

Yeah slimming world is open 52 weeks a year, ours is Tuesday as well but over that period I think we're weighing on Thursday along with the Wednesday group that weigh in the same place as us.

Back