I NEED to stick to the cd this time..helllp

mrschatterbox

2012..my year2b a size 10
Hiya all

I just wanted to quickly introduce myself... I'm 'mrschatterbox', 32 years young :D and am currently 18 stone! I've had 4 babies within 6 years and uff has it taken a huge effect on my body! Before the birth of my first child i was a size 10 to 12, and am now between 18 to 22! I'm constantly depressed, and tried everything... am now considering the Cambridge diet...am hoping for positive feedback... i tried it last year and i strugged and miserably gave up on day 4... :( I will start it again on monday so fingers crossed, and i am hoping to get a 'buddy' xxx:)

Well done on re-starting. I've just restarted after lots of re-starts. It is a brilliant diet with great weight losses. Good Luck with your journey & once you get past day 4 you'll be fine :)

Aahh thanks hon... tO BE HONEST THE WHOLE GIVING UP ON IT LAST TIME WAS MORE TO DO WITH THE LOVELY MEALS THE REST OF THE FAMILY WERE EATING...I JUST COULDN'T RESIST..GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH THIS TIME HEHE

Hi hun, good luck with your journey, i have a cdc coming tuesday night so i technically start weds morning. I plan to give my hubby all the meals i hate for at least a week lol. I so hate red meat so he will be having that every nite.

I hope to lose 7 stone so we could help each other out if you like

Day 4 is the hardest for all of us.

But it can be done!!!!!!!!!

Minimins is a great inspiration so come on here often and moan, ask advise, vent, celebrate
X

Thanks ladies!!
I went to bed last night with that negative feeling again...tbh i never actually realised how easily someone's words can demotivate me. After speaking to a friend who recently had a gastric band fitted, she told me how she struggled with cd and that was it...i just thought 'oh i'll never do it''! Thank god for this website... have been reading threads all morning and i'm feeling so very confident!!!
I start on monday so tomorrow i am planning on drinking and eating junk ALL day haha, (sorry girls). Other than my husband i'm not telling anybody about this diet..am hoping to just stun everyone in a few weeks/months!
Someone suggested sf... but i know if i don't follow a strict plan i will most certainly fail! I am going to do this!! The support you all give each other is fantastic and i am looking forward to chatting to you all more!
Doingthisforme...let's go!! I know this might sound sad but i am mostly worried (for now) how i will cope when i go out with friends and family... i cant sit there and watch everyone enjoy drinks and food... i'll have to start preparing my excuses ?? xx

Personally I'd never go for a gastric band, I won't bore everyone with my arguements in favour of cd, but I think it is by far the safest of the 2 options!
However what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another, so each to their own, but I hope that you find that cd is for you.

Good luck Mrs T X

Thanks Mrs T.. I do agree about the Gastic band... not only am i terrified of any kind of surgery but after reading some insprirational stories I am feeling confident and amazed... although i wouldn't mind a tummy tuck, a boob lift....the list is endless hehe but the band wouldn't even be considered. xx

Just on the gastric band issue I had one done 5 years ago and I weighed in at 26st morning of the operation, I got down to 16st with it's help and thankful I had it done! I still have the band and it is partially filled giving me some restriction but due to the band being twisted I can't have anymore fluid put in( long story) so at the moment it's not working for me as it should! So that's why I decided to do cd! It take the food element away gives my band to sort it self put and not be put under pressure, I thank god I had my band done but it's not as easy as everyone thinks! Cd will help me lose this last 7stone so I can be on the outside who I am on the inside!

Hi hun, u can do this hun we both can

My sister had a gastric band last august and so far she has lost 7lb which sticks in her throat a bit as she had to pay private. Its not always the answer

I think we should take each day at a time, its not going to be easy but we will only fail if we let it happen xx

Lancsgirl, wow what a journey..i wish you loadsa luck in this diet hon..please keep me posted. xxx
Doingthisfor me... is there anyway we can become buddies and chat everyday? I am new to mm so not sure however i sent out a friends request (i think) lol...honestly am clueless! Did you say you start on wednesday? I will be starting monday. I read some fantastic stories of encouragment on here...am so glad i found this forum xxx

Yeah hun, are u on facebook? Im usually at uni during the day but im off for 3 weeks now so will be on here more than usual ( im usually on here at some point every day anyway) x

Hmm I paid private for my gastric band also, so making this work is more important x

Yes i am on facebook babe... whats ur name???
Lancsgirl sending oodles of good luck hon... Good luck for all xxx

No-one apart from hubby and u guys know im doing this tho so may have to talk in public in co haha. However im usually on so can use 'chat'

Last edited:
Same with me hon... don't worry i won't shout about it on your wall hehe...

Last edited:
There are 4, Whats ur profile pic

Found u i think lol

Back