I neeeeed a sweet fix

wannabefitatthirty

Hiya
I have been kn slimming world 3 days now & am finding it fab:) BUT I am wondering what I can have as a dessert... I am currently having a meringue nest 2.5syns with fresh fruit & muller light. But I kno they're r other desserts I could have, I heard of lemon cous cous desserts n weetabix cake, but kno nothing about how to make them.... So if any1 has any syn free/low syn desserts I could have then please help....many thanks xxxx

I quite like chocolate scan bran cake . I mash 6 scan brans (6 syns) in boiling water (just a small amount) whisk in 3 eggs, 32g Options chocolate brownie powder (6 syns) 1tsp vanilla essence, 1tsp baking powder and a dash of salt. bake in oven 180 c for 20-25 minutes depending on dish size. When set melt 4 squares of green and blacks 70 % chocolate (4 syns) on the top and spread with a spoon. Total syns 16 for whole cake. This can last me a couple of days and helps with cake cravings.

If you get low fat sachets of jelly, they're about 1.5 syns per jelly (check by manufacturer!) and you can always put in berries or whatever other fruit you fancy to get your 1/3 superfree.

Have brought some jellies :) will have one later :) oooh never heard of scan bran, will give that a try :) bet u could improvise it to make it less syns too :-D

There are lots of scan bran recipes that are lower syns, but this is my favourite as I'm a chocoholic. You also don't need to spread on the melted chocolate but I feel it tastes much nicer. It's worth checking out some of the others. I quite enjoyed scan bran carrot cake also and that's quite low but I can't remember the recipe at the moment.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/117447-totally-syn-free-cake.html
Spicy Scan Bran Ginger Cake
(OK, I can hear the moans!!!)

5 Scan Bran or Oat Bran (from SW, some H&B or Waitrose)
2 large carrots (about 150 gms) finely grated or wizzed in a mini chopper
7 tbsp low calorie sweetener
3 eggs, beaten
3 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg (or 1 tsp ground all-spice)

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Method

1. Pour boiling water over the Scan Bran, leave for 1 minute then drain and mash
  2. Mix the Scan Bran, carrot, sweetener and spices, stirring very thoroughly
  3. Add the beaten eggs, and stir until completely mixed
  4. Tip the mixture into a microwaveable dish – we've now 'standardised' on a Sainsbury's Basics 1litre container, which is approx 18 ½ cm x 13 ½ cm by 5cm deep, and gives excellent results
  5. Microwave on high for about 12 minutes – it should shrink a bit from the sides

[/FONT]

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/256410-chocolate-scan-bran-cake.html
It's called Curly Wurly Cake. You need :

6 scan bran
2 eggs, (1 egg, 1 egg white)
3-4 tbsps sweetener ( to taste)
1 sachet Options belgian choc
26g curly wurly (chocolate bar)

Soak scan bran in boiling water to soften (dont flood)
Drain and mash, beat the eggs and stir into the scan bran with the sweetener and belgian choc.
Chop the curly wurly into pieces and add to mix.
Pour the mixture into a microwavable loaf tin and cook on high for around 6 mins.
Cake should be springy and come away from the sides.

This cake is 14 syns
Serves 8 pieces = 1.5ish syns

I'm a very big muller + fruit fan!

I must say though, at group we were told that lemon cous cous cake is a 'tweak' and we shouldn't eat it too often :(

Back