Step 1 Sole Source I never thought I could get this far!!!

JulesMcL2110

Hi All

I never thought I could ever stick this diet for 2 weeks let alone 6 weeks heading into my 7th week and I've lost 30lbs. Really determined to see Christmas a lot slimmer than years gone by

So chuffed!! :)

Week 1 - 19st 6lbs
Week 2 - 18st 11lbs - 9lbs
Week 3 - 18st 8lbs - 3lbs
Week 4 - 18st 1lbs - 7lbs
Week 5 - 17st 11lbs - 4lbs
Week 6 - 17st 4lbs - 7lbs

Well done!!! I'm hoping to be slim for Christmas! I worry I won't be able to stick to it long term!! :-( fingers crossed! Xx

Wow! What a fab result and well done to you for sticking with it! Your story is very inspiring and I hope to post results like yours when I do start :)

Thanks fro replying

Elliexander I never in my wildest dreams though I would have an inspiring story. But I just got to the point that I could face being over weight any more. This diet took my choices away which is exactly what I needed - kick start my brain into enjoying food and making healthy decisions
Are you planning on doing CWP or SW?

Vjs167
Is this your first week?

Yes I get my first weigh again tomorrow and get to buy more sachets! I had one of everything of enjoy this week as its first week! Really do not like the soup or porridge though! Hope I don't struggle on just the shakes, tetras and bars though!!! But I did think they were nice so hopefully with the different flavours it will keep me interested!

Been reading people's inspiring stories/photos to keep me on track!!! Really really don't want to fail x x

Hi vjs167
How do you think you have done this week?
I like the Soup Chicken/Mushroom or Potato. I find that they are ok and great to take in work no notices you are on a diet as I drink my shake before I go in the mornings.
I like all of the shakes but my fav is Strawberry and Fruits of the forest.

I dont drink tea or coffee but Ive now started to enjoy peppermint tea in the mornings.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow :)

Thanks Bookworm

Could I pick your brains?
Do you ever have a nibble of something? Sometimes I forget myself and then spit it out, I'm ridden with guilt!

Hi Jules

I'm doing the CWP. Have been mentally preparing myself all week and i am ready To start my journey on becoming slimmer but most important a healthier me! :)

Love reading all the loses everyone is posting.

Elliexander

Are planning to go straight into SS or are you going down the steps?
I went started on Step 3 then 2 and Ive bee SS/SS+ for the past 3 weeks. I found going down the steps easier than just straight into SS

I have had a sneaky weigh on my scales!! I feel it keeps me on track to see something is working!!! Try not to get my hopes up incase the scales say something different tomorrow!!! Eeekkkk.

I'm just building myself up to the mushroom soup :-S. got to use them up or I won't have enough to get me through to weigh in :-(. Xx

Thanks Bookworm

Could I pick your brains?
Do you ever have a nibble of something? Sometimes I forget myself and then spit it out, I'm ridden with guilt!

I probably shouldn't say this but... I nibble every day :eek: The secret is to know your own strength: if you nibble at something, can you stop after one mouthful? When my husband is home, I always eat 4 (yes, 4, it's precise) of his penne pasta and it's delicious. But after that, that's all. Nothing else. :) At the start though, I would never trust myself and would stick religiously to the diet. :)

I'm going to start with SS+ for the first week then move down to SS. Only because I've got 12 weeks today for my hols and I'd like to see big losses before then.

However if I do feel its too much I'lljust go back to ss+

I'm hoping the small meal with my shakes will make me not miss eating so much??? (One can hope) :)

Bookworm I think your right
It gives the feeling your not missing out(if thats how I could describe)

I know when I've nibbled, I normally think to myself well I didn't really miss anything!
Are you exercising?

I'm going to start with SS+ for the first week then move down to SS. Only because I've got 12 weeks today for my hols and I'd like to see big losses before then.

However if I do feel its too much I'lljust go back to ss+

I'm hoping the small meal with my shakes will make me not miss eating so much??? (One can hope) :)

I know what you mean but 12 weeks is a short period of time and will produce amazing results for you on this diet

Bookworm I think your right
It gives the feeling your not missing out(if thats how I could describe)

I know when I've nibbled, I normally think to myself well I didn't really miss anything!
Are you exercising?

Yes I exercise. I followed the 30-day shred religiously. And now I'm finished I don't exercise every day but will start again as soon as we've moved into our new home :) I do a lot of physical work at the moment though, with the packing, de-cluttering, cleaning, etc. :)

I agree, nibbling a little bit every day really helped me. But at the beginning, I wouldn't trust myself AT ALL. Now I'm so far into the diet, I just take it as a little treat and a bite is enough to make me feel better :) It keeps my taste buds "entertained" but without the weight gain and the guilt usually associated with my eating naughty food. My 4 penne were delicious this evening :D

I also have the equivalent of one can of coke zero every night in front of the TV as it is when I crave food the most, especially when I'm alone. That's in addition to my 4 pints of water :)

Hi bookworm!

Did you get results from the 30 day shred. Just bought the DVD for myself so would like to just how good it is?

I didn't know we were allowed coke zero so that's is a bonus for me :) hosting a baby shower in a couple of weeks and don't want to be the only one sipping on water the whole time. :)

Don't really want to tell people I'm on a diet unless I have to. Any of you feel the same?

Today is the first day of the new me! about to mix up my first porridge. Here goes.....

Xx

Hi bookworm!

Did you get results from the 30 day shred. Just bought the DVD for myself so would like to just how good it is?

I didn't know we were allowed coke zero so that's is a bonus for me :) hosting a baby shower in a couple of weeks and don't want to be the only one sipping on water the whole time. :)

Don't really want to tell people I'm on a diet unless I have to. Any of you feel the same?

Today is the first day of the new me! about to mix up my first porridge. Here goes.....

Xx

No one in real life knows I am on the diet except for my husband, my CDC and my parents and sister. I will never tell my in-laws, so that means that once a month, when we see them, I eat. But so far I have always gone back to the diet and I have made good food choices :)

I definitely saw results from the 30-day shred. I felt stronger, my back didn't hurt nearly as much (in fact in doesn't hurt anymore!) and my endurance greatly improved. And I just felt good (the endorphins :D ). Unfortunately though, because I still have a substantial amount to lose, I don't think it made such a huge difference in my figure. Don't get me wrong, it did help me lose inches (especially around the legs and arms), but I think that once I'm at a lower weight, the results will be much more obvious. :) If you don't know whether it's for you, I think the exercise are available on youtube. You can try before you buy :D You may want to check with your CDC if that's Ok though, as I don't think strenuous exercise is advised on SS. I'm doing a mix of Step 2 and SS+ so I have a bit more calories to burn.

I couldn't live without my coke zero. Some dieters would say that it's not a good thing to keep drinking "junk" drinks as it means we can't wean of sugary tastes, but it has helped me tremendously when I had psychological hunger pangs. Coke Zero doesn't have any citric acid either, so if you're on SS and in ketosis, it won't affect it. :)

Well done on starting today. Remember to come back on the forum, look at the before and after pictures, the diaries, etc to keep you motivated! I would never have been able to go this far without this part of the forum!! :)

Thanks bookworm! I've already got the DVD so going to give it a few weeks before I start. I like that you know what works for you and you stick to it. :)

So Day one almost over. Went pretty good. I had to stop myself picking at food, not because I wanted it. But because it was there in front of me!

So I had the original porridge for brekkie and added about of cinnamon. Smelled lovely but the taste didn't match! :)

Oriental Chilli with a dash of tobacco for lunch! Yummy!

Chocolate Shake which i made into a hot drink. That's was yummy too.

My 200cal meal was boiled chicken veg and broccoli. Very yummy!!

Am I right in having 3 packs plus the low cal meal on the ss+. strangely enough it Feels like a lot.

A successful day so far!

How did you all get on? X

Oh and forgot to mention I survived watching my family tuck into KFC for dinner(my idea)! Enjoyed the smell but thought about how I'd feel if it did give it and realized it just wasn't worth it!!! :) so happily tucked into my hockey and broccoli!

Back