I posted 1 week ago today and....

...i'm still 12 stone!!!

I started a week ago (well actually I've had tons of attempts at this Cambridge diet at various levels, my most successful has been solesource where I made it to day 5 then cheated in the evening!)

My colleague at work who did the diet years ago said that her consultant always said that this isn't the greatest diet for people who 'only' need to lose 2 stone. It's better for people starting off who for example need to lose 5/6 stone as the weight flies off from literally day 1!

I'm desperate to lose this weight, none of my clothes fit, I won't see my long distance partner, I am miserable when I think about it. Why can't I stick to it then? I just get so hungry I cheat! I have tried going up a level and having a meal but that didn't work either as I would overeat.

Honestly, is it just a case of grin and bear the hunger pangs? can I have sunshine orange powder stuff added to water? can I have mix a moose?

:-(

I'd say its not the best diet if you need to lose 2 stone and you are in a "healthy" range as you can't do SS, but if you are overweight that shouldn't make a difference.

It's hard, but don't cheat! You need that first straight week to get your body into the right state to lose weight, and drink plenty water, especially in this heat x

Some diets just don't work for certain people. I admit I'm always a bit surprised when I see people who "only" have a stone or two to lose using something as extreme as Cambridge. I hear such fantastic results from Slimming World that I always wonder why people don't try that first. However, maybe they HAVE tried SW and it didn't work for them. Any form of diet requires discipline and mentality is so important. You can be totally miserable about the way you look and feel yet still sabotage yourself, because there's a small part of you saying "you're fat and you don't deserve to be thin and happy" etc. Being unhappy of itself doesn't seem to be a good enough motivation, but I can't explain the elusive difference between wanting to stick to Cambridge and actually sticking to it.

I'm a vegetarian, and so can't have the mousse powder and consequently know nothing about it, but you can certainly have the water flavourings. I have a teaspoon of orange and berry each day and it helps a lot in making sure I get the full quota of water. For what it's worth, the hunger pangs do stop once you're in ketosis. It took me two weeks to get past the psychological and biological craving for food, but it does pass. In the meantime, just keep busy with whatever makes you happy. Like horse riding. ;)

As you are so close to goal, maybe Cambridge is the right diet but sole source isn't the right plan. Have you discussed the options with your counsellor? You could start on a much higher plan, one which allows for evening meals etc. Or, if you are determined to stay on sole source, think of ways to break up your three or four "meals". Cut a bar into piece and spread it across the day. This is an expensive diet which, while you're adjusting to it, has a tendency to rule your life a bit. Don't waste your money and energy dipping in and out of a program as restrictive as this, because you'll become fed up with the financial waste and start to view sole source as the enemy.

I don't know how helpful any of this has been, but the first week is always the hardest. Get past that and you may find yourself sailing through, wondering what the fuss was about. Alternatively, if it's not the diet for you then there's nothing wrong with that. :) Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Thanks very much - you are always so lovely and supportive on here!

I'm on day 2 (of starting again!) i'm giving it one last shot. In answer to your reply, I've personally never tried SW or WW - I 'need' to see quick losses for my own state of mine (i'm one of these people who weigh themselves 1-2 times per day, I 'have' to see the scales moving!) I use to be 17st, I managed to lose 7 stone, unfortunately I put 2st back on since feb this year!! :-(

Both family and friends tell me I wont lose weight on Cambridge, hopefully I can show them wrong!! :)

Back