I prefer winter!

Winter comfort food for me but then I do love winter nights.. come home from work, straight into comfy pj's with my snuggie and my kindle... heating on and a nice casserole!

I too love winter food, (i am just about to start chopping some veg for a chicken casserole to put in the slow cooker) but i hate the dark mornings and nights - i really get down about not seeing blue sky! Roll on spring...:gen125:

I'm in agreement, I love winter food the best. I get bored of salads so much.

I had a beef stew the other night with lots of carrot, turnip and onions in with mashed potato yum and I am gonna get right stuck into making soups. I bought the soup book from class tonight! Roast dinners I'm not a massive fan of but I love shepherds pie with loads of veg on the side!!

I'm in agreement, I love winter food the best. I get bored of salads so much.

I had a beef stew the other night with lots of carrot, turnip and onions in with mashed potato yum and I am gonna get right stuck into making soups. I bought the soup book from class tonight! Roast dinners I'm not a massive fan of but I love shepherds pie with loads of veg on the side!!

I mae soup today an I have to say it was lush. Am pulling the slow cooker out of the cupboar tomorrow and am gonna make a sausage and bacon casserole with mash and green beans. YUmmmmmm

nettie said:
Winter comfort food for me but then I do love winter nights.. come home from work, straight into comfy pj's with my snuggie and my kindle... heating on and a nice casserole!

Snap :)

My only problem with winter is cuddling up, heating on and a gorgeous red wine to drink!!! I tend to stay in more and cosy up in front of fire with nibbles. & wine..I need to stop it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm an autumn/winter girl for sure. I love knee high socks, warm fires, wooly hats, snuggling on the sofa, hot chocolate and fluffy blankets. And the food! Spicy soups, slow cooker stews with dumplings, veggie chilli, honey roast root veg, shepherds pie... winter food is just so much nicer to me! Easy to cook in a SW friendly way and oh so tasty. <3

I always think it'll be easier to lose weight in the winter and much prefer the HM soups etc. But then again, come the end of March I'll be saying, "it'll soon be summer and its much easier to lose weight with the salad." :eek: I conveniently forget all the ice-cream bars etc that I love!

Winter food for me too - I'll eat salads but they don't float my boat. Looking forward to taking my food flask filled with yummy soups, curries or chillies into work with me :)

Love winter!! Cold weather, big snuggly jumpers & when it's dark at 4pm (kids get bathed & put pjs on as soon as they get home from school) :) food wise I agree with everyone: homemade soups, stews, curries & lots of green day comfort food for me... Finishing the day with a options hot chocolate tucked up in bed with kids!

Winter food for me too - I'll eat salads but they don't float my boat. Looking forward to taking my food flask filled with yummy soups, curries or chillies into work with me :)

I need to invest in a food flask.

Hate winter. I live 5 minutes from a cliff top and it's freezing and howling a gale. I can't even stay in as I run an animal rescue. I l prefer summer food.

I loooove winter in the run upto xmas! The food, the events, the real fire, fuzzy :)

I agree don't like winter if the weather is bad but for the food and wrapping up in scarfs and wearing boots and fluffy socks I love it!

Bought little book of soups last week from class gonna get stuck in bought some round lunch boxes with clippy lids for taking soups to work! Can't wait

Rochelle1 said:
I agree don't like winter if the weather is bad but for the food and wrapping up in scarfs and wearing boots and fluffy socks I love it!

Bought little book of soups last week from class gonna get stuck in bought some round lunch boxes with clippy lids for taking soups to work! Can't wait

The little book of soups is awesome! I don't think I've had one I didn't like :)

Back