I prefer winter!

Certainly is, I love the scotch broth with barley, awesome and so filling.

Having the Italian chicken and bacon soup from the little book of soups tomorrow, that's one of my favourites. I need to have another read through it and pick some other to try out though. I think the beany ones will be lovely in winter

gettingfit said:
I do Paleo/Primal so made this soup up as I went along.So can't help you on syns for any of the ingredients.

Butternut Squash,Chilli and Coconut Soup.

600g butternut squash,de-seeded,peeled and cut into small cubes
1 onion
2 tbsp coconut oil.(or Olive oil)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp chilli flakes
3 cloves garlic,sliced
500ml veg stock
200ml coconut milk
Fresh coriander(I used dried)

Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the butternut squash for a couple of mins.
Add cumin,chilli,garlic and onion.Cook for about 5 mins.
Put in soup maker.
Add the rest of the ingredients.

If you don't have a soup maker you can add the other ingredients to the pan and cook until veg are soft.Then blitz with hand blender or in a food processor.

Sounds lovely but high syn, 12 for the oil and 20 for 200 ml of coconut milk.

You could use fry light and light coconut milk but then I guess it wouldn't be as coconutty!!!!

gettingfit said:
I do Paleo/Primal so made this soup up as I went along.So can't help you on syns for any of the ingredients.

Butternut Squash,Chilli and Coconut Soup.

600g butternut squash,de-seeded,peeled and cut into small cubes
1 onion
2 tbsp coconut oil.(or Olive oil)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp chilli flakes
3 cloves garlic,sliced
500ml veg stock
200ml coconut milk
Fresh coriander(I used dried)

Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the butternut squash for a couple of mins.
Add cumin,chilli,garlic and onion.Cook for about 5 mins.
Put in soup maker.
Add the rest of the ingredients.

If you don't have a soup maker you can add the other ingredients to the pan and cook until veg are soft.Then blitz with hand blender or in a food processor.

Lovely thanks. Think I'll try and reduce the syns as above, boyfriend isn't as keen on coconut as me so being less coconutty will probably suit him. Can't wait to try it!

gettingfit said:
I love winter for food(Slow cooker and Soup maker) but suffer with cramping hands with the cold.

Soup today was Butternut squash,chilli and coconut.

Looks lovely can you share the recipe

Sorry should have went to the end if the posts, thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back