I reached target today!! I finally did it!!!!

Congratulations :) I cant imagine how you must be feeling right now but one day I will !! ;)

You must want to scream it from the rooftops !!

x

congratulations!! you must be very proud of yourself, hope you're still going to hang around and give us the benefit of your wisdom xx

I want to see you in the magazine!

Thanks so much for your overwhelming support and congratulating posts girls (and a couple of guys)!!

I would never be so arrogant as to say I am wise Kerry, as I still have so much to learn!! But if there was one bit of advice I could give to help people to get to target however much or little they have to lose it would be to have loads and loads of patience because if you take the rough with the smooth and accept that you will have bad weeks and gains along the way you WILL eventually get there!! It has taken 99 weeks, with 56 losses, 22 gains, 9 STSs and 12 missed weeks, so it has never been a smooth journey for me, especially the last year, so there's hope for everyone!!! Thanks again- I'm over the moon!!!X

Well done. Your post is lovely and like others have said is a true inspiration to all, including those of us who have not long started our SW journeys. From one Swansea girl to another - da iawn! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow! Congratulations! Thank you so much for this post. I was feeling very disheartened earlier, but your post has really cheered me up. I will continue on this diet no matter how long it takes to get to my target weight.
Do you have any before and after pics? :)

Oh I do love reading posts like this. Its SO motivating to read of other peoples success, and so well written too.
I STS last weigh in (on my second week) so felt very demoralised and upset as I had tried really hard, stuck to it and exercised so was sure I would get a good loss.
Its easy to think 'well it aint working why bother' but your post proves its the sticking to it long term no matter the bad weeks that counts.
Well done you must feel fabulous!

Wow! Congratulations! Thank you so much for this post. I was feeling very disheartened earlier, but your post has really cheered me up. I will continue on this diet no matter how long it takes to get to my target weight.
Do you have any before and after pics? :)

Hi Tess, thank you so much! I'm so pleased I (and I'm sure others on MMs) have managed to inspire you to keep on going!! Looking back at my 99 weeks, to think that 31 of them were not losses, but gains or STS (some of them BIG gains which really threw me and took a while to get off again!!) it would have been so easy to surrender and tell myself there's no point in carrying on!! So please stick with this! Just see past the bad weeks and get back on the horse as soon as you can after a fall- just committing to one 100% day really helps you get back into the swing of it as invariably this makes you want to have another, and another... I KNOW you can do this because I have, and nooone is more of a scoffer of food than I am lol!!! It may be frustrating at times and you may feel like it's going to take forever but if you think about it time goes so quickly anyway and before you know it you'll look back a bit like I am now 99 weeks later and thinking 'blimey, where did those 2 years just go?! And what happened to those 72lb of excess fat?!' And when I hit target on Monday all those gains and STSs just didn't matter a jot!!

Hmm about the before and after pics- I was never good with photos when I was big, but I'm going to try and find some from my friends' facebook pages and will report back!!X

I'm jealous and thrilled at the same time. Really happy for cos you've worked so hard and been really helpful to all of us.GO GIRL GO!:happy096::happy036::0clapper::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

you WILL eventually get there!! It has taken 99 weeks, with 56 losses, 22 gains, 9 STSs and 12 missed weeks, so it has never been a smooth journey for me, especially the last year, so there's hope for everyone!!! Thanks again- I'm over the moon!!!X
FAB news - the advice above is exactly why you're one of the most inspirational people on this forum. Realistic, honest and lovely to boot. Really made my day FUncurls - major congrats xxxxx

FAB news - the advice above is exactly why you're one of the most inspirational people on this forum. Realistic, honest and lovely to boot. Really made my day FUncurls - major congrats xxxxx

Aww thanks CnC!!! You'll be there too before you know it- doing brilliantly so far!!X

Ive gained three pounds this month ( was 4 1/2 but got it down this week) completely lost my mojo, then read your post about gains, weeks off , etc and thought flippin hell, it really is a marathon, not a sprint. Getting there is what counts, not how fast. Totally delighted for you- you'll have to become a target member guru now like Shrimpy!

Back